The Mansfield, Notts County, Lincoln and East Midlands mega thread

WH_Stag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
So we have Luton, Mansfield, Lincoln, Crewe and now Chesterfield who are all gonna piss their way to the title? Should be interesting this.

Were Mansfield town, we could have by far the best team the league has ever seen and still only just slide into the playoffs on goal difference thanks to a 98 minute penalty. Im happy with our signings and trust evans but I'm not getting carried away.

Honestly, I think we have to be better than last year because a few players were very average and it was our cracking defence that helped us. But at some point we'll have a dip and won't be able to buy a win. Very similar to when we won the conference, it was only a very good run after christmas that took us up and in that run the players realised they should of been playing like that all season.

So I can see us finishing anywhere from 8th to 3rd.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
He's here again look .... :pmsl::pmsl:

Cannot wait for the opening day! :whistle:
I can't wait either, the way you jerk off whilst describing your team I fully expect a Barcelona-esque style performance from Chesterfield on your first step to a League 2 record points total.
Anything less will be a big letdown.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Honestly, I think we have to be better than last year because a few players were very average and it was our cracking defence that helped us.
...or more like because you were a run-of-the-mill L2 side last season, but you're gonna be spending more on wages than most L1 clubs this season?

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Seems to be a bit of obsession with us on your part GTFCfish, are you one of those Grimsby fans who decided to come in our KOP a few seasons back at saltergate??? Closet Spireite and all that, bless ya!

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
So we have Luton, Mansfield, Lincoln, Crewe and now Chesterfield who are all gonna piss their way to the title? Should be interesting this.

We never said we were going to piss the league (we need another forward for a start) - the bookies did

WH_Stag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
...or more like because you were a run-of-the-mill L2 side last season, but you're gonna be spending more on wages than most L1 clubs this season?

Actually we had one of the best defences in the league and the most clean sheets in 2017. The lads we kept were some of the best in the league, Theres not may left backs as good as benning, centre backs as good as pearce and bennett, wingers as good as MacDonald or midfielders as good as Byrom.

Our wage bill won't be much higher, our club is self sustaining and anything extra we need just comes from charging one call more for sponsorship which is a 40 million a year business.

Don't be jealous because you're another team with some of our cast offs. Rose, Yussusf and clements will definitely fire you to that mid table finish you desperately want :bye:

CFC91

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
I can't wait either, the way you jerk off whilst describing your team I fully expect a Barcelona-esque style performance from Chesterfield on your first step to a League 2 record points total.
Anything less will be a big letdown.
You're saying that like the last 2 times we have been here we haven't walked our way to the league. It's what we do when we are in League 1 that is the issue

CFC91

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
We never said we were going to piss the league (we need another forward for a start) - the bookies did
And neither have we, must be some in joke we aren't part of. I'd be suprised if we made play offs as things stand

Impish

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln

All in with a genuine shot. Grimsby however...

Isn't there a relegation dog fight thread that you and fish breath can contribute to?

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
And neither have we, must be some in joke we aren't part of. I'd be suprised if we made play offs as things stand

Evans has internally said he expects us to do very well, but whereas I welcome his confidence, and that instilled into the team, it makes me somewhat uneasy. I'm not accustomed to us being confident or good.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Actually we had one of the best defences in the league and the most clean sheets in 2017. The lads we kept were some of the best in the league, Theres not may left backs as good as benning, centre backs as good as pearce and bennett, wingers as good as MacDonald or midfielders as good as Byrom.

Our wage bill won't be much higher, our club is self sustaining and anything extra we need just comes from charging one call more for sponsorship which is a 40 million a year business.

Don't be jealous because you're another team with some of our cast offs. Rose, Yussusf and clements will definitely fire you to that mid table finish you desperately want :bye:
You finished 12th, therefore run-of-the-mill.

And yes, self sufficiently beating L1 clubs to players' signatures on crowds of 3000. :lol: Sure.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Seems to be a bit of obsession with us on your part GTFCfish, are you one of those Grimsby fans who decided to come in our KOP a few seasons back at saltergate??? Closet Spireite and all that, bless ya!
No my obsession is for pulling people up for talking bollocks, that's why I've had so much interaction with you and Impish on here.

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
ODL, you're setting us up for a mega fall here :lol:. I'll only be confident when we sign another couple of good midfielders, and that injury to JBW is a massive body blow. By all accounts he's been our best player in pre-season, gutting. Happy that COG looked the biz vs United though

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
No comment whatsoever on the fact you have no wingers apart from Mitchell ODL?

The tactical "genius" of Caldwell setting you up to play one way and one way only?

It's all well and good saying you've got rid of a load of players who couldn't give a toss.....isn't it the new manager's job to sort their lack of motivation out, if not instill a bit of fight into them or ship them out?
He did neither, then signed a load of kids on loan, somehow thinking these kids would be up for a relegation scrap.

It's clear to see the budget isn't great that Dee Dah Dave is providing, apart from chucking a bit at O'Donkey to try and keep the fans from his door with pitchforks, you've plucked a fair few from Conference level and below.
The thing with Conference standard players is that they might have all the will and desire in the world, but they lack consistency.....otherwise if they had both in abundance, they'd have bigger offers on the table than going to Chesterfield.
Ugwu may have scored plenty at the level below, but prior to that he's done nothing above that level....he's just as likely to be another Gnanduillet than he is a success story.
Sinnott has come from the Conference North and is looking likely to be first choice with the loss of Rowley too, I wouldn't say your midfield is anywhere near the level required to be top three, it's very lightweight to say the least.

If Dee Dah Dave cashes in on Dennis because he fancies a faster pigeon, I fail to see a lot of goals either, unless Ugwu really is an unpoilished diamond that clubs at League 2 level have failed to see.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
ODL, you're setting us up for a mega fall here :lol:. I'll only be confident when we sign another couple of good midfielders, and that injury to JBW is a massive body blow. By all accounts he's been our best player in pre-season, gutting. Happy that COG looked the biz vs United though
This is what pre season is all about though.... over enthusiasm!!!:lol:

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield

The tactical "genius" of Caldwell setting you up to play one way and one way only?

It's all well and good saying you've got rid of a load of players who couldn't give a toss.....isn't it the new manager's job to sort their lack of motivation out, if not instill a bit of fight into them or ship them out?
He did neither, then signed a load of kids on loan, somehow thinking these kids would be up for a relegation scrap.

It's clear to see the budget isn't great that Dee Dah DVe is providing, apart from chucking a bit at O'Donkey to try and keep the fans from his door with pitchforks, you've plucked a fair few from Conference level and below.
The thing with Conference standard players is that they might have all the will and desire in the world, but they lack consistency.....otherwise if they had both in abundance, they'd have bigger offers on the table than going to Chesterfield.
Ugwu may have scored plenty at the level below, but prior to that he's done nothing above that level....he's just as likely to be another Gnanduillet than he is a success story.
Sinnott has come from the Conference North and is looking likely to be first choice with the loss of Rowley too, I wouldn't say your midfield is anywhere near the level required to be top three, it's very lightweight to say the least.

If Dee Dah Dave cashes in on Dennis ecause he fancies a faster pigeon, I fail to see a lot of goals either, unless Ugwu really is an unpoilished diamond that clubs at League 2 level have failed to see.
You seem a bit angry, maybe a sit down with a cup of tea and a nice book is in order.

Also, we played one way and one way only under Paul Cook and won the league. I'm not sure wingers are a massive deal in todays game, overlapping wing backs are the future. I'll get a memo over to you

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
You seem a bit angry, maybe a sit down with a cup of tea and a nice book is in order.

Also, we played one way and one way only under Paul Cook and won the league. I'm not sure wingers are a massive deal in todays game, overlapping wing backs are the future. I'll get a memo over to you
Not angry at all. I see plenty of Spireites proclaiming their signings to be as good (ODL proclaimed "if not better" :lol:) than ours.....

I'm just debating how on earth he's come to that conclusion?
I don't think any would be in with a sniff of our starting 11 as it currently stands.
I'd perhaps take O'Grady instead of Spencer due to pedigree....but Spencer wouldn't start for us anyway. So O'Grady and his reported big wage is a huge outlay for someone who wouldn't realistically start games for us, and if he did, wouldn't score many, if even at all.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC

It's clear to see the budget isn't great that Dee Dah Dave is providing, apart from chucking a bit at O'Donkey to try and keep the fans from his door with pitchforks, you've plucked a fair few from Conference level and below.

If Dee Dah Dave cashes in on Dennis because he fancies a faster pigeon, I fail to see a lot of goals either, unless Ugwu really is an unpoilished diamond that clubs at League 2 level have failed to see.
We don't play with wingers ooops

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Not angry at all. I see plenty of Spireites proclaiming their signings to be as good (ODL proclaimed "if not better" :lol:) than ours.....

I don't think any would be in with a sniff of our starting 11 as it currently stands.
I'd perhaps take O'Grady instead of Spencer due to pedigree....but Spencer wouldn't start for us anyway. So O'Grady and his reported big wage is a huge outlay for someone who wouldn't realistically start games for us, and if he did, wouldn't score many, if even at all.
Wow, really? Confidence is good, I guess

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
We don't play with wingers ooops
My point exactly. No plan B. Caldwell has already proven his Plan A isn't up to much. Had more than enough time to save your season. He had the same transfer window as Evans did.

We were 19th when Evans took over. We were four points off the playoffs by the end and would have been comfortably in them had we had the Matt Green of old and not the one low on confidence and finding himself released because of it.

Shapemaker

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield fc

Can't wait until you do nothing again this season....just like the last 25:2thumb:

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
My point exactly. No plan B. Caldwell has already proven his Plan A isn't up to much. Had more than enough time to save your season. He had the same transfer window as Evans did.
Your obsession with us is cute tbh, are you sure your not another closet spireite alongside GTFCfish, as you seem to proclaim you know everything about our club and our squad?

I think someone's a little worried that their superior neighbours will finish above them... again:dk::dk:

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Worried :lol:

For the first time in my entire Stags supporting life, I look at your squad without any envy whatsoever. On average in 28+ years of supporting Mansfield....at your worst, at least 5 or 6 of your squad would walk into our team and not only get regular football, they'd have been our best players by a country mile.

I wouldn't take one of your players now thinking they'd improve what's out there on the pitch.
So I couldn't be any further from "worried."
24 years of being above us, I think it's your lot who are worried. Even if we cock this all up by the largest of all proportions, which would take some serious doing, our clubs are chalk and cheese at the moment and are heading in polar opposite directions under the ownership.
So it's going to happen sooner rather than later unless Allen finds someone mentally retarded but extremely rich, and gets his asking price.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Awww I bet they're setting up for 4-4-2. Bless. My dad talks about that formation sometimes, used to be all the rage

Whereas I try not to get involved in these kinda daft tit for tat statements, despite what there is to dislike about Evans, i'm very confident he's more tactically astute than Caldwell! :lol:

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Whereas I try not to get involved in these kinda daft tit for tat statements, despite what there is to dislike about Evans, i'm very confident he's more tactically astute than Caldwell! :lol:
We actually have that many players and potential systems to choose from, that none of us have any idea how we're going to line up against Crewe yet.
It's 110% safe to say that Chestefield will be playing 5-3-2 though, and you could probably pick their 11 and at worst maybe be 1-3 players wrong.
If I can see that, Russell Slade definitely can, as well as 22 other managers.

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
We actually have that many players and potential systems to choose from, that none of us have any idea how we're going to line up against Crewe yet.
It's 110% safe to say that Chestefield will be playing 5-3-2 though, and you could probably pick their 11 and at worst maybe be 1-3 players wrong.
If I can see that, Russell Slade definitely can, as well as 22 other managers.
I'm sure Man Utd knew how Chelsea were gonna set up last year, it didn't stop them winning the league.

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
You both play in blue, and can be abbreviated to CFC.

That's well and truly where any comparisons end.
I'm not making a comparison, I'm using an exaggerated form of your idea to make fun of your idea. It holds no merit, most footballs clubs know exactly how their opponents will set up. Having the ability to suddenly change their shit to punish what they know is a different matter and almost never happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanPep
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!