Fri & Sat 27th& 28th August

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
An all too familiar tale from mansfield.

as expected they lost to swindon which they always do away. Swindon is like accrington and plymouth for mansfield - simply don’t bother with the away game. just don’t go and take the defeat.

As seems to be the case so far, plenty of nice football, plenty of chances, no goals and a daft goal to give away.

It’s a continuation of last season the defence simply isn’t good enough.

We’ve had a tough start and we’ve got plenty of ability but it’s the same elementary basics we keep getting wrong which is a major concern and needs to be addressed as a matter of urgency

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Getting a bit worried about John Yems.

His interviews have always been belligerent and I dont have a problem with that but he has now started moaning about the budget being low and saying the fans have to understand and not moan when the team doesn't perform.

Sorry John but like you I'm a grumpy sod and if we don't perform I'm going to moan about it. Today was awful from us. You can have a days where it doesn't happen and on those days you have to fight to keep a clean sheet. We did that today and that part I'm happy about but I ain't going to say it's sweetness and light when our midfield and forward play is as bereft of ideas as ours was today.

It was crap and to pretend otherwise is stupid.

Casey

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
An all too familiar tale from mansfield.

as expected they lost to swindon which they always do away. Swindon is like accrington and plymouth for mansfield - simply don’t bother with the away game. just don’t go and take the defeat.

As seems to be the case so far, plenty of nice football, plenty of chances, no goals and a daft goal to give away.

It’s a continuation of last season the defence simply isn’t good enough.

We’ve had a tough start and we’ve got plenty of ability but it’s the same elementary basics we keep getting wrong which is a major concern and needs to be addressed as a matter of urgency

To be fair we did score today, should have scored more though.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
How's Rhys Oates looked so far?

I think OK. Although he’s mostly played in a CAM role so all considered I think that’s fair.

Plenty of good strong direct runs, but his awareness of the game is noticeably lower than his team mates around him, Stephen Quinn gets frustrated a lot at him, but he did play in the Premier League so he’s always going to be step ahead.

Rhys Oates been a lot more capable than Danny Johnson so far though, and he’s definitely not a conference standard striker, just out of form, so the above poster needs to wait it out a bit more.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
E95XbxaWUAE761y

Our away end disabled seats, wrecked, courtesy of Carlisle cos they can't take defeat, hope they're proud.
Well seeing as you’re blaming all of us for it, on behalf of the 1000 Carlisle that were there, no we’re not proud.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
17 games without a win finally ends and we actually deserved it.

The penalty was soft but we missed quite a few chances we should have scored. Don't think Tranmere even had a shot on target, we were never really threated.

Think Tranmere have a really good squad but they looked very poor today, their number 16 was appalling. I thought Feeney looked a class above everyone in the first half but then didn't really touch the ball in the second which was good for us.
I can't really disagree with that. We have got a gaping hole in our squad in the striking positions, and it has reached the stage where we can't even remember how to score a goal now.

I still think we are fine in most other positions, but there is not much the midfield can do if there is no movement ahead of them. We actually put several good balls into the box which should have been attacked and scored.

It is a big few days for us.

Big Bird

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Two 1-0 wins on the bounce. Lucky in both. Not sure what to make of it other than be pleased with the points we already have on the board. Luckily we have a couple of very good individual players who have made the difference.

Very much a work in progress in regards to style of play and best formation which is to be expected considering it's a brand new team without going through any pre-season together at all.

Feel a bit sheepish taking the 6 points from Salford and Mansfield who could well argue we should have taken 0.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Been out for the day so only followed it on score centre so just caught up with highlights and reports etc.

Absolutely fantastic win and looks like well deserved. Last week aside we’d been starting fast in games but not getting the goals and then fizzling out a bit so good to see us take chances and great for Procs to get a couple, he’s looked a real handful and despite raised eyebrows at dropping Rodney that partnership with Wilson might be worth a try as he compliments him well.

Lots of fans raving about Garrity today and doesn’t surprise me, he’s been the big surprise this summer as Oldham fans were pretty negative on him when he signed but has looked really decent for us, loads of energy and a real engine.

Pleasing to keep another clean sheet and looks like we managed the game well after the goals and didn’t give FGR a sniff, under DC we’ve finally looked like we have the game management side in us, which was frighteningly bad under Askey even in the good season under him we threw away 27 points or something stupid!

Great result against a very good Forest Green side, they had a couple of big names out, Cadden looked class against us last season, but equally we’d had Conlon out and left Dave out I guess.

Good to see graceful comments on social media from FGR fans too, good luck for the season and sure you will be up there come May.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
To be fair we did score today, should have scored more though.

I saw, fair goal as well. If that was then other way round it would have been given.

it took us until the middle of november to get 7 points last season and we’ve had a tough start but the defence is shambolic and he needs to address this ASAP. Word has it were in for 2 top defenders this week and i hope we can push on.

I expect a win against harrogate next week.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Been out for the day so only followed it on score centre so just caught up with highlights and reports etc.

Absolutely fantastic win and looks like well deserved. Last week aside we’d been starting fast in games but not getting the goals and then fizzling out a bit so good to see us take chances and great for Procs to get a couple, he’s looked a real handful and despite raised eyebrows at dropping Rodney that partnership with Wilson might be worth a try as he compliments him well.

Lots of fans raving about Garrity today and doesn’t surprise me, he’s been the big surprise this summer as Oldham fans were pretty negative on him when he signed but has looked really decent for us, loads of energy and a real engine.

Pleasing to keep another clean sheet and looks like we managed the game well after the goals and didn’t give FGR a sniff, under DC we’ve finally looked like we have the game management side in us, which was frighteningly bad under Askey even in the good season under him we threw away 27 points or something stupid!

Great result against a very good Forest Green side, they had a couple of big names out, Cadden looked class against us last season, but equally we’d had Conlon out and left Dave out I guess.

Good to see graceful comments on social media from FGR fans too, good luck for the season and sure you will be up there come May.

That touch from Wilson to set up Proctors first was high class and shows what a good player he is if Vale fans remain patient with him. We saw it in the friendly at Chessie that them two link up really well whereas as much as I like Rodders I’m not sure he’s an out and out striker more someone you’d have wide left in a three.

Need to back this up at VP against Dale. Good news is Conlon is now back and another week of training for Gibbo and he should be available as well. Who knows maybe even Jake Taylor will get over that thigh injury he’s had.

Vale on Trent

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
That touch from Wilson to set up Proctors first was high class and shows what a good player he is if Vale fans remain patient with him. We saw it in the friendly at Chessie that them two link up really well whereas as much as I like Rodders I’m not sure he’s an out and out striker more someone you’d have wide left in a three.

Need to back this up at VP against Dale. Good news is Conlon is now back and another week of training for Gibbo and he should be available as well. Who knows maybe even Jake Taylor will get over that thigh injury he’s had.
Rodney isn’t a striker and never will be. He’s not clever enough to play upfront. His biggest strength is pace and power and he can utilise this better out wide by literally knocking it past the full back.

Wilson is clearly a class footballer and I expect him to bang goals in.

We’ve got a decent team for this league so today’s result is no surprise to me.

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Just seen our penalty again, that's up there with the penalty Bolton got against us last year. Kettle with a horrendous mistake to nobody's surprise.

Kettle was the ref that last sent off a player against us all the way back in October 2019, he must just be a fan.

Reactions: RLC

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
As others have said, we've been on the spur of a result like this and it could have been more. I'm hoping the Proctor/Wilson partnership is as fruitful as the Swindon one from a couple of seasons ago.

Defensively we've looked very tight but we've lacked the right combination up front. It looks like we may have found it. Wilson's touch is way above this level and Proctor was a surprising signing considering his fairly decent history.

Need to back it up at home now and push ourselves into the top 7.

MadJohn

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Twitter
@ITMCHufc
I think OK. Although he’s mostly played in a CAM role so all considered I think that’s fair.

Plenty of good strong direct runs, but his awareness of the game is noticeably lower than his team mates around him, Stephen Quinn gets frustrated a lot at him, but he did play in the Premier League so he’s always going to be step ahead.

Rhys Oates been a lot more capable than Danny Johnson so far though, and he’s definitely not a conference standard striker, just out of form, so the above poster needs to wait it out a bit more.
Danny Johnson puzzled the hell out of me. I watched our youth team a lot when he was starting out. They used to play up at Chester-le-Street, next to Durham CCC's ground at 11am or noon on a Saturday when Pools were at home at 3pm. He was standout, playing either left wing with licence to cut in, or left sided striker in a front two. He scored 11 in 27 in his first full season when he was 16/17, and then followed this up with 21 in 22. Yet not only was he not given a pro contract or a place in a first team matchday squad, he didn't even make a single start for the reserves before being released. Next thing we knew he was scoring skiploads for Guisborough, and then signing for Cardiff. He definitely seems to be one that got away.

My nightmare would be for Mansfield to line up with Oates, Johnson, and Josh Scott, and then take us to the cleaners.

MadJohn

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Twitter
@ITMCHufc
Nah, just the pond life, plenty of decent Carlisle boozing in the Millhouse pre game, not a touch of trouble in sight, just good craic all round.
If it was Pools fans trashing up an opposition disabled enclosure, I'd expect HUFC to pick up the bill, if only for the sake of the optics. If the club wasn't prepared to do so, I'm sure some of the supporters groups would look to do something. Of course it's a twattish minority, and all clubs have them (fuck knows, we have) but that wouldn't sit right with me.

Last edited:

MadJohn

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Twitter
@ITMCHufc
Conference standard striker that can’t hit a barn door with a banjo.

Runs into cul de sacs with the ball and doesn’t know when to pass.

Other than that he runs around a lot.
Ask any Pools fan the same question a year ago and you'd have got the same answer. Most were sceptical / unconvinced / fucken horrified when we re-signed him. It took him until December to score. But once Dave Challinor sussed out how best to utilise him and put the right personnel/formation in place, he soared. From Christmas onward he was the most potent forward in the NL, and the NL isn't so far below EFL standard that Rhys Oates can't be a success but he is a particular type of forward that needs to be used appropriately. He's not a one size fits all option. Whatever Pools fans might say now, I don't know a single one who wouldn't have kept him.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Ask any Pools fan the same question a year ago and you'd have got the same answer. Most were sceptical / unconvinced / fucken horrified when we re-signed him. It took him until December to score. But once Dave Challinor sussed out how best to utilise him and put the right personnel/formation in place, he soared. From Christmas onward he was the most potent forward in the NL, and the NL isn't so far below EFL standard that Rhys Oates can't be a success but he is a particular type of forward that needs to be used appropriately. He's not a one size fits all option. Whatever Pools fans might say now, I don't know a single one who wouldn't have kept him.

He was absolutely on fire from December onwards, scared the life out of NL defenders. Not sure I'd pick him at CAM that Mansfield are, not his position at all.

He's got all the ingredients to be a decent league striker, get him upfront taking on defenders. Basically what Tyler Burey does for us now. He needs a partner mind, much better in a 2 man forward line.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
We've still got 6 players out injured;- Matty Platt, Mike Jones, Jamie Devitt, Dmitri Sea, Luke Lames and Tom Beadling.....
Well that went well.

I only saw the injury time, but that is shocking from us.

On footballing terms, I can’t stand by Barton as our manager anymore. Sadly it’s not the right time to get rid, but I can’t see him turning this around. He will most likely have the window plus 2 or 3 games to sort this out.

Woeful. Starnes needs to go too, since he’s come in as CEO we’ve gone backwards, mismanaged all player contracts and haven’t had a fit striker now for 18 months.

Add to that he’s now appointed 3 awful managers in a row and had a great reset, had to reset the reset and now we’re looking like we might need to reset the reset of the reset.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
That second half would've been a walk in the park for us with 11 - couldn't believe how little effort Rovers put in.

Officials fucked it up - ref flashed the red and then realised he didn't know which Rovers players were involved, so couldn't card anyone. Instead White got a yellow for moaning. EVERY big call they got wrong.

Can't see Ellis' red being upheld, as it looked like he just charged in to block others getting involved. Seemed to be Brough that started it, but not helped by their forward throwing himself to the floor. Let's be honest, that was all Bristol Rovers had to their game.

3 players attacking ours, one throwing him to the floor and the other hand around the neck.

No chance you’re getting that rescinded.

Really looks like he’s throwing himself to the floor there. There’s bias, and there’s just idiotic - which would you say you’ve fit into?

The last time we played at Barrow you broke our players jaw and your player went to prison for assault, now this. And I thought Barton was the thug…

CAA7F7C6-E8CB-4294-98E3-C2DE5E245CCB.jpeg

Last edited:

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
3 players attacking ours, one throwing him to the floor and the other hand around the neck.

No chance you’re getting that rescinded.

Really looks like he’s throwing himself to the floor there. There’s bias, and there’s just idiotic - which would you say you’ve fit into?

The last time we played at Barrow you broke our players jaw and your player went to prison for assault, now this. And I thought Barton was the thug…

View attachment 15238

Did you see my later post where I said all that? In that incident, the Rovers player kicked out at Brough (hence the reaction), and a Rovers player also pulled Ellis away by his neck too... Ellis deserved a red, and the ref was looking to send off a Rovers player but couldn't decide who it was so didn't even produce a card.

So yes, the ref did fuck up - he got it half right. Obviously you didn't watch the match because the officials didn't have a clue what they were doing.

And an incident from over a decade ago where the club booted the guy in question straight after the match? Shame Rovers couldn't even suspend their thug, but actively defend him instead. Shameful.

Nice that it's triggered the most argumentative bastard on here though.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Did you see my later post where I said all that? In that incident, the Rovers player kicked out at Brough (hence the reaction), and a Rovers player also pulled Ellis away by his neck too... Ellis deserved a red, and the ref was looking to send off a Rovers player but couldn't decide who it was so didn't even produce a card.

So yes, the ref did fuck up - he got it half right. Obviously you didn't watch the match because the officials didn't have a clue what they were doing.

And an incident from over a decade ago where the club booted the guy in question straight after the match? Shame Rovers couldn't even suspend their thug, but actively defend him instead. Shameful.

Nice that it's triggered the most argumentative bastard on here though.
Right, there’s just no proof of what you’re saying though, is there? I did not see that post and just had a look, good to see you took back what you said in the end though.

Triggered? Is that what you call it when someone replies to you? Probably days more about you than myself tbh.

Rovers haven’t actively defended Barton, can you back that up with quotes and articles please? It you want a debate, let’s do so with the truth, eh?

And finally when you say you fired him right after the match, you mean when you kept him on the books for a month? And when the Barrow fans tried to get him released from prison early? And then he came out after release from prison to thank the barrow fans for getting him out? In fact your chairman even complained about how disgusting the decision was.

Let’s cut the lies out shall we?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Supports
Walsall
Decent win for us yesterday, Stevenage had their moments but on a whole were poor. We seem good going forward but abit suspect at times at the back. A much needed win, hopefully itll give the lads the confidence boost they really need.

Easily the worst refereeing performance I have ever seen. He gave everything to Stevenage, one of their players went two footed through the back of our player on the half way line & he said it was a fair tackle. Similar thing happened on the touch line near our manager, how the free kick wasn't given is beyond me.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Woeful. Starnes needs to go too, since he’s come in as CEO we’ve gone backwards, mismanaged all player contracts and haven’t had a fit striker now for 18 months.

Add to that he’s now appointed 3 awful managers in a row and had a great reset, had to reset the reset and now we’re looking like we might need to reset the reset of the reset.

I think we've had Starnes as CEO before and he was there at Yeovil during their decline also I think (this could be false)

Do you actually think the managers appointed were awful or there is a more deep routed problem in the club. Obviously it's too early to see what kind of career Garner will have as a manager but Barton did well at Fleetwood and the dapper one did well at Exeter. Obviously you know more about Rovers than me but it seems like you could appoint Guardiola and he would struggle.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I think we've had Starnes as CEO before and he was there at Yeovil during their decline also I think (this could be false)

Do you actually think the managers appointed were awful or there is a more deep routed problem in the club. Obviously it's too early to see what kind of career Garner will have as a manager but Barton did well at Fleetwood and the dapper one did well at Exeter. Obviously you know more about Rovers than me but it seems like you could appoint Guardiola and he would struggle.
I think you’re right tbh that it can’t all be the managers.

Starnes has taken us backwards considerably and we’re run like cowboys. I feel sorry for Wael who continues to fund us through out

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
I think you’re right tbh that it can’t all be the managers.

Starnes has taken us backwards considerably and we’re run like cowboys. I feel sorry for Wael who continues to fund us through out
It must be frustrating as fuck given it looked like you were on an upwards trajectory to the Championship and its just gone wrong. As you said it probably requires a reset to get you back on track.

I can imagine the 2 games between us this season being quite tasty given the Garner factor.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
It must be frustrating as fuck given it looked like you were on an upwards trajectory to the Championship and its just gone wrong. As you said it probably requires a reset to get you back on track.

I can imagine the 2 games between us this season being quite tasty given the Garner factor.
It’ll probably be the feistiest game we’ve had in a while tbh.

I fully expect Garner to play a master class and be 3-0 up by half time - annoying us to no end. Then 3 dives and a hatrick of penalties in front of the Swindon fans from Pitman - just to spice it up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotox
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!