Fri & Sat 27th& 28th August

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Right, there’s just no proof of what you’re saying though, is there? I did not see that post and just had a look, good to see you took back what you said in the end though.

Triggered? Is that what you call it when someone replies to you? Probably days more about you than myself tbh.

Rovers haven’t actively defended Barton, can you back that up with quotes and articles please? It you want a debate, let’s do so with the truth, eh?

No proof of what I'm saying? I saw most of it live and saw the clip on Quest.

Triggered, as in any negative comment against the Mighty Rovers and you're steaming in without reading on. Of course Barrow fans thought it looked like handbags - and nobody is saying the red card should be taken back now they've seen the footage. Ref bottled it, we were all angry as he was giving us nowt, and continued to give us nowt. That's football.

Rovers have actively defended Barton with that fucked up statement saying it was a victimless crime and "Joey says he never touched her" (paraphrasing, obviously), defended him by not suspending (standing by him is defending him, you know, when the neutral stance is to suspend and let the law take its course), defended him in appointing the c*** in the first place. And the large chunk of fans who continued defending him.

Want to turn this into your twice-weekly post-match argument, do you? I can't be fucked, so if it makes you happy, you can have this one.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
It’ll probably be the feistiest game we’ve had in a while tbh.

I fully expect Garner to play a master class and be 3-0 up by half time - annoying us to no end. Then 3 dives and a hatrick of penalties in front of the Swindon fans from Pitman - just to spice it up
Can you imagine?? The relevant police forces might be pretty busy post match either way I reckon.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
No proof of what I'm saying? I saw most of it live and saw the clip on Quest.

Triggered, as in any negative comment against the Mighty Rovers and you're steaming in without reading on. Of course Barrow fans thought it looked like handbags - and nobody is saying the red card should be taken back now they've seen the footage. Ref bottled it, we were all angry as he was giving us nowt, and continued to give us nowt. That's football.

Rovers have actively defended Barton with that fucked up statement saying it was a victimless crime and "Joey says he never touched her" (paraphrasing, obviously), defended him by not suspending (standing by him is defending him, you know, when the neutral stance is to suspend and let the law take its course), defended him in appointing the c*** in the first place. And the large chunk of fans who continued defending him.

Want to turn this into your twice-weekly post-match argument, do you? I can't be fucked, so if it makes you happy, you can have this one.
But your proof earlier was that our player dived and your player did nothing, so can we really trust your word of how events happened live?

It’s funny you mention about reading on, because the owner came out after an apologised for the comment of victimless crime, quite ironic that you’ve said that, don’t you think?

Difference being that Barton, and anyone for that matter, is innocent until proven guilty. I don’t agree with the decision to not suspend him, legally speaking he’s not guilty for now. You however have Gina and presumed he’s guilty and judge him and others for it, that’s worse on you - imagine if the rest of the world worked on that basis: accused of a crime? Guilty!

The difference was that Cotteril admitted guilt & assault from the beginning. Not only did the club stand by him, but so did the fans, even during his prison sentence. So don’t try taking the moral high ground here, because Barrow fans have absolutely none.

Limerick Mariner

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
I think you’re right tbh that it can’t all be the managers.

Starnes has taken us backwards considerably and we’re run like cowboys. I feel sorry for Wael who continues to fund us through out
Isn't it about time you appointed Ian Holloway?

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Isn't it about time you appointed Ian Holloway?
Ha - that would truly be the end of the club.

I’ll never understand fans who want him back at this point. 5 years ago, sure. But today? I’d rather have Garner, Tisdale or Barton tbh

Limerick Mariner

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Ha - that would truly be the end of the club.

I’ll never understand fans who want him back at this point. 5 years ago, sure. But today? I’d rather have Garner, Tisdale or Barton tbh
Have you listened to the Athletico Mince podcasts with Bob Mortimer - they have a sketch called the Destroy and Exit Managers Club - Holloway should be Life President?

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
It's hard to tell from the footage what started the incident that led to Mark Ellis getting sent off, but no argument for me about the red card, there may even be extras as he seemed to be touching the referee with his head before leaving the field. Shame as he's a good lad and can't see he acting like that for no reason.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
It's hard to tell from the footage what started the incident that led to Mark Ellis getting sent off, but no argument for me about the red card, there may even be extras as he seemed to be touching the referee with his head before leaving the field. Shame as he's a good lad and can't see he acting like that for no reason.

This is the thing we can't understand, something must have happened to make Ellis react like that, and for Barrow players to be only ones to come out with cards from a melee following a free kick that WE WERE AWARDED. Like I said yesterday it was difficult to see why Ellis got sent off but having seen the footage it's clear and obvious now. Joyce was inconsistent at best, booking Banks for trying to take a quick free kick when the Rovers player was stood in front of him preventing him from doing so.

Reactions: Boz

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
This is the thing we can't understand, something must have happened to make Ellis react like that, and for Barrow players to be only ones to come out with cards from a melee following a free kick that WE WERE AWARDED. Like I said yesterday it was difficult to see why Ellis got sent off but having seen the footage it's clear and obvious now. Joyce was inconsistent at best, booking Banks for trying to take a quick free kick when the Rovers player was stood in front of him preventing him from doing so.
Yeah, that’s awful refereeing tbh.

Red card fully deserved but the absolute minimum you expect is a yellow card or two the other way.

How do you find refereeing in L2 compared to non-league? It always makes me laugh how astonishing the gap is in each division

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Yeah, that’s awful refereeing tbh.

Red card fully deserved but the absolute minimum you expect is a yellow card or two the other way.

How do you find refereeing in L2 compared to non-league? It always makes me laugh how astonishing the gap is in each division

I think the standard is slightly better here, although not by a great margin. Consistency is the main thing, you'd get performances like that every other week down there. Some of the cloggers have been reffing in the National League for years, if they were any good they'd have had a look in at EFL level.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
The member of the Press Association who attended FGR v P Vale match posted incorrect attendance figures.
Should be 2507 with 420 away supporters.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
But your proof earlier was that our player dived and your player did nothing, so can we really trust your word of how events happened live?

It’s funny you mention about reading on, because the owner came out after an apologised for the comment of victimless crime, quite ironic that you’ve said that, don’t you think?

Difference being that Barton, and anyone for that matter, is innocent until proven guilty. I don’t agree with the decision to not suspend him, legally speaking he’s not guilty for now. You however have Gina and presumed he’s guilty and judge him and others for it, that’s worse on you - imagine if the rest of the world worked on that basis: accused of a crime? Guilty!

The difference was that Cotteril admitted guilt & assault from the beginning. Not only did the club stand by him, but so did the fans, even during his prison sentence. So don’t try taking the moral high ground here, because Barrow fans have absolutely none.

I saw how the incident started, and have seen the incident since - the only thing I didn't spot was the hands on the throat. I'm not sure what you are arguing for - it's nor like Rovers were hard done by.

I fully understand the law, and I know why people get suspended in that situation. Don't try and be patronising, because you are trying to reach to justify the scandalous decision to keep him on.

No Barrow fans supported Cotterill. Honestly, stop spouting shite. He left the club the next day and everyone condemned how he'd brought the club into disrepute - especially as it was being shown on MOTD.

Now do yourself a favour, stop getting wound up about comments made in the aftermath of a match - you got your hard-earned point - and focus your energy on that embarrassment of a club that you support.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I saw how the incident started, and have seen the incident since - the only thing I didn't spot was the hands on the throat. I'm not sure what you are arguing for - it's nor like Rovers were hard done by.

I fully understand the law, and I know why people get suspended in that situation. Don't try and be patronising, because you are trying to reach to justify the scandalous decision to keep him on.

No Barrow fans supported Cotterill. Honestly, stop spouting shite. He left the club the next day and everyone condemned how he'd brought the club into disrepute - especially as it was being shown on MOTD.

Now do yourself a favour, stop getting wound up about comments made in the aftermath of a match - you got your hard-earned point - and focus your energy on that embarrassment of a club that you support.
I thought you weren’t going to reply? I’m not wound up at all, you’re the one who’s been swearing his head off and calling me names.

Look, it’s a fact that Barrow fans and club supported Cotteril. Go check wiki where it’ll link you to the articles proving it.

I don’t understand why you feel the excessive need to lie to save your embarrassment? Then again, Barrow seems to be a town of thugs, so perhaps swearing, violence and denial is all you know?

Enjoy your bank holiday weekend!

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Swings and roundabouts. We had the same thing happen vs Mansfield, Coutts reacted to a deliberate premeditated elbow in the chest (see image below), clipped Johnson around the neck and got sent off.
Both should have gone imo. Then the Mansfield guy pops up to score the winning penalty. A penalty im sure the ref would have been up for taking himself.
Whoever is fortunate to get out of this division in an upward trajectory, bad news, the officials are just as incompetent in L1.

Attachments

• Coutts sending off.JPG
    Coutts sending off.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town

I think Gassy actually is joey barton, there seems to be an ongoing thing between gassy and rival fans after each game (usually ones they haven’t won!)

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
When we signed Tom Pett there were a few comments online from Stevenage fans along the lines of "Seriously? We can't even compete with Port Vale?"

Even in our darkest most hopeless days under NS, Michael Brown, Aspin, Bill Bratt, Deakin and Miller etc with protests outside and severely depressed crowd figures watching us not get a single shot on target in several games in a row, our average attendances were probably still higher than their entire ground holds.

There are some very deluded young men out there.
Found it surprising mate now if it was Bradford Vale Swindon etc I'd take it but from a club that barely attracts 2000 home fans each week is a bit rich

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Found it surprising mate now if it was Bradford Vale Swindon etc I'd take it but from a club that barely attracts 2000 home fans each week is a bit rich

I wouldn’t take it from anyone, we’re all in the same league and no-one has a right to say that.

with respect stevenage are pretty tinpot and pointless to me but they’ve as much right to be here as we do, odd things for their fans to be saying

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I think Gassy actually is joey barton, there seems to be an ongoing thing between gassy and rival fans after each game (usually ones they haven’t won!)
Only Barrow & Mansfield. God knows what DevonLad was on about, seemed to have a problem with our away attendances and nothing to do with the game. Weird guy.

If people are going to make ridiculous comments or lies, then be prepared to be called out on them. I’d expect you to do the same for me.

Valeite

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I can't really disagree with that. We have got a gaping hole in our squad in the striking positions, and it has reached the stage where we can't even remember how to score a goal now.

I still think we are fine in most other positions, but there is not much the midfield can do if there is no movement ahead of them. We actually put several good balls into the box which should have been attacked and scored.

It is a big few days for us.
Theo Robinson is awaiting a call

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
The last time we played at Barrow you broke our players jaw and your player went to prison for assault, now this. And I thought Barton was the thug…

View attachment 15238

And finally when you say you fired him right after the match, you mean when you kept him on the books for a month? And when the Barrow fans tried to get him released from prison early? And then he came out after release from prison to thank the barrow fans for getting him out? In fact your chairman even complained about how disgusting the decision was.

Look, it’s a fact that Barrow fans and club supported Cotteril. Go check wiki where it’ll link you to the articles proving it.
Good to see you’re not still bitter about this incident.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Hardly comparable.
I’m unsure what your point is here? Robinson isn’t seemingly rated by Vale fans and current management. He doesn’t have a prolific scoring record though almost stellar by comparison to Dieseruvwe. When Rovers’ best hope is a lad Nevitt, who’s come from levels below us in the pyramid and when we signed him was for development, yet the other strikers are so ineffective that he’s deservedly starting, then other club’s poor striker’s would feel right at home at Rovers.

Hopefully the Agard rumours are true and we’re getting in someone proven at this level.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I’m unsure what your point is here? Robinson isn’t seemingly rated by Vale fans and current management. He doesn’t have a prolific scoring record though almost stellar by comparison to Dieseruvwe. When Rovers’ best hope is a lad Nevitt, who’s come from levels below us in the pyramid and when we signed him was for development, yet the other strikers are so ineffective that he’s deservedly starting, then other club’s poor striker’s would feel right at home at Rovers.

Hopefully the Agard rumours are true and we’re getting in someone proven at this level.
You seemed to be comparing Agard with Robinson, when Agard is clearly the better option.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
You seemed to be comparing Agard with Robinson, when Agard is clearly the better option.
Ah not my intention. Was using Agard to illustrate we’re not shopping in the Robinson-type market atm.

Reactions: RLC

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Have to say that, having seen the incident again, whichever Bradford player it was that took Theo Archibald out at head height in the build-up to our second should have been sent off. Vile challenge.

AR27

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Have to say that, having seen the incident again, whichever Bradford player it was that took Theo Archibald out at head height in the build-up to our second should have been sent off. Vile challenge.
Give over, it was a body check, nothing more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotox

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!