1-24 League One Competition

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
What's the crack with Burton? I've put them down for relegation, mostly based on them always seeming to scrape survival... they expected to do better this season? have a decent squad?
Well they've got all of our rejects for a start..

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Forgive me, this is a lot of wild stab in the dark stuff as my knowledge of this league has dwindled over the last 6 or so years.

1. Blackpool
2. Derby County
--------------------------------------------
3. Bolton Wanderers
4. Peterborough United
5. Barnsley
6. Portsmouth
7. Charlton Athletic
8. Oxford United
9. Wycombe Wanderers
10. Lincoln City
11. Shrewsbury Town
12. Exeter City
13. Bristol Rovers
14. Leyton Orient
15. Fleetwood Town
16. Wigan Athletic
17. Port Vale
18. Carlisle United
19. Northampton Town
20. Reading
21. Burton Albion
22. Cheltenham Town
23. Stevenage
24. Cambridge United

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
What's the crack with Burton? I've put them down for relegation, mostly based on them always seeming to scrape survival... they expected to do better this season? have a decent squad?
No-one can actually work Burton out, that's the problem with them!

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
We don’t usually scrape survival - apart from last season and in reality we were safe by Easter. Before that we have been mid table and comfortable- even after a disastrous start the season before last we still finished mid table. And this season will be the same I bet. 10-15th.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots

My thinking on placing them quite highly was due to firstly you have to look at them last season as with JFH in charge (where no disrespect to them but they were pure dogshit) and afterwards where I think their record stacks up pretty well against most teams not named Ipswich or Plymouth particularly after January. Made a few decent signings on paper this summer (obviously you never know if the injury bug or players failing to settle etc takes hold but that's true of everyone) so at this point I think they'll be pretty good.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
1 Bolton
2 Portsmouth
3 Blackpool
4Derby
5Barnsley
6Peterboro
7Charlton
8 Shrewsbury
9 Port Vale
10 Oxford
11 Orient
12 Reading
13 Wycombe
14Fleetwood
15Wigan
16 Lincoln
17 Burton
18 Bristol Rovers
19 Cheltenham
20Carlisle
21 Stevenage
22Northampton
23Cambridge
24 Exeter

If i did this 10 mins later i would not have the same 24

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
1 Portsmouth
2 Blackpool
3 Bolton
4 Derby
5 Charlton
6 Oxford
7 Bristol Rovers
8 Lincoln
9 Barnsley
10 Peterborough
11 Burton
12 Reading
13 Wycombe
14 Shrewsbury
15 Wigan
16 Orient
17 Fleetwood
18 Stevenage
19 Exeter
20 Port Vale
21 Carlisle
22 Northampton
23 Cambridge
24 Cheltenham

Just see Cheltenham as the weakest team unfortunately and it feels like they've been punching a bit for a while.

Cambridge look to have signed poorly...particularly our former goalkeeper and seem to have kept a few of the players responsible for putting them in their predicament last season.

Northampton don't seem to have done enough changes and will do what they always do.

Carlisle will bloody some noses but I just don't think they'll have enough.

As it stands I'm concerned about us. Inexperienced manager, same mistakes over forward recruitment as last year, a horrible run of form post Christmas all seems to add up to a season of struggle. Hope I'm wrong.

Exeter Will have a poor season but I think will do just enough and Stevenage will shithouse a few results. Orient and Fleetwood likewise have enough quality to stay out of the mire.

Wigan will do alright but have a mountain to climb to get any higher with their points deduction. Shrewsbury were poor both times we played them last year (even when beating us) and seem to be in turmoil.

Reading and Wycombe will be very up and down. Just see them as mid table teams.

I think Barnsley and Peterborough will miss out this time. Seem to be undertaking some risky signings and again there seems to be a bit of turmoil there.

Lincoln and Bristol Rovers will be the surprise packages I think. Rovers have made some good signings and Lincoln just need to convert some of their draws into wins. Most toothless side I saw at Vale last year but look to have improved.

Oxford look to have signed well and will bounce back from their shitter last season.

Top 5 could be any order really. Just think Portsmouth will finally get their act together and get up. Blackpool will be the best of the relegated sides by a distance as their squad is pretty strong still.

Charlton have splashed a fair bit of cash, so will make up for having a shite defence by outscoring lots of teams.

Bolton and Derby aren't quite automatic yet, they both seem to have some gaps in their squads but overall will still be strong enough to challenge.

AmberRich

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Cambridge look to have signed poorly...particularly our former goalkeeper and seem to have kept a few of the players responsible for putting them in their predicament last season.
Hmmm of our squad this season, only 4 were present throughout last season. 6 others were either injured for long parts of the season or loaned out, plus Mannion who only played about 16 league games.

The rest of the squad is made up of 4 players who came in in January and all played a big role in the turnaround that kept us up.

Plus the additions of Cousins, Kaikai, Kachunga all three have decent pedigree with vast experience at this level and above. Experience wise the squad this season has nearly triple the amount of games under their belts than the team last season.

If we go down it'll probably be more because of depth, or not having a goalscoring striker. Unless Bonner gets the best out of Ahadme or Fejiri like he did with Mullin, Ironside, and Smith.

Reactions: SVH

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Hmmm of our squad this season, only 4 were present throughout last season. 6 others were either injured for long parts of the season or loaned out, plus Mannion who only played about 16 league games.

The rest of the squad is made up of 4 players who came in in January and all played a big role in the turnaround that kept us up.

Plus the additions of Cousins, Kaikai, Kachunga all three have decent pedigree with vast experience at this level and above. Experience wise the squad this season has nearly triple the amount of games under their belts than the team last season.

If we go down it'll probably be more because of depth, or not having a goalscoring striker. Unless Bonner gets the best out of Ahadme or Fejiri like he did with Mullin, Ironside, and Smith.
Only my opinion from the outside looking in. You beat us at home during that improvement but I felt that was more our ineptitude at the time. Kachunga has got a very poor recent record and Cousins is older than time! KaiKai seems a hot and cold type. Could be 1 of about 12 teams that could go down, so don't take it personally.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Jordan Cousins is older than time at 29 years young and Port Vale will stay up because they're re-signing that washed up striker James Wilson.

Nothing personal but if you're going to give a reason for us, at least get it right.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Jordan Cousins is older than time at 29 years young and Port Vale will stay up because they're re-signing that washed up striker James Wilson.

Nothing personal but if you're going to give a reason for us, at least get it right.
Willo has 4 goals last season despite playing the equivalent minuted of 14 games last season...

Kachunga has 6 league goals in 6 years...

Never get why fans get so defensive when fans tip their team to do X,Y and Z lets face it none of us know how it will pan out on grass at this stage.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

Oops. Got him mixed up with someone else! The rest of my reasoning still stands.

AmberRich

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Only my opinion from the outside looking in. You beat us at home during that improvement but I felt that was more our ineptitude at the time. Kachunga has got a very poor recent record and Cousins is older than time! KaiKai seems a hot and cold type. Could be 1 of about 12 teams that could go down, so don't take it personally.
Kachunga played 91 games in the last 2 seasons for a team that was chasing playoffs/promotion in League 1. That doesn't tend to happen for very poor players, and even if he has been deemed not good enough for a promotion pushing side that shouldn't matter for lower league 1 side.

From what I've heard he mainly played from the wide areas, so seems to be a Knibbs replacement who didn't score much anyway and was more desired for the skills he brings.

I agree though we are definitely one of 12-14 teams who could be in the relegation scrap. I put us as 21st on my prediction. Wouldn't say we've just stuck with the squad from last year though.

If unlike last season several key players stay fit, then we could push back into midtable providing we can get the best out Ahadme or Fejiri finds his old form. Admittedly a big if though.

Our best asset in the last three seasons is Bonner, was a learning experience for him last season but he came through once again in the end. He's the main hope.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Kachunga played 91 games in the last 2 seasons for a team that was chasing playoffs/promotion in League 1. That doesn't tend to happen for very poor players, and even if he has been deemed not good enough for a promotion pushing side that shouldn't matter for lower league 1 side.

From what I've heard he mainly played from the wide areas, so seems to be a Knibbs replacement who didn't score much anyway and was more desired for the skills he brings.

I agree though we are definitely one of 12-14 teams who could be in the relegation scrap. I put us as 21st on my prediction. Wouldn't say we've just stuck with the squad from last year though.

If unlike last season several key players stay fit, then we could push back into midtable providing we can get the best out Ahadme or Fejiri finds his old form. Admittedly a big if though.

Our best asset in the last three seasons is Bonner, was a learning experience for him last season but he came through once again in the end. He's the main hope.
Last season shows anyone could go down, look at MK (and they are easily the worst side we faced). It looks a very open league this year and whilst the big boys will no doubt throw money at it in January to ensure they are top end it could really go anywhere, especially with Reading and Wigan having their off field problems and Barnsley potentially hit with deductions.

Don't think anyone will be an FGR or Crewe this season.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
1 Bolton
2 Portsmouth
3 Blackpool
4Derby
5Barnsley
6Peterboro
7Charlton
8 Shrewsbury
9 Port Vale
10 Oxford
11 Orient
12 Reading
13 Wycombe
14Fleetwood
15Wigan
16 Lincoln
17 Burton
18 Bristol Rovers
19 Cheltenham
20Carlisle
21 Stevenage
22Northampton
23Cambridge
24 Exeter

If i did this 10 mins later i would not have the same 24
You really are priceless!

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
You really are priceless!
Nothing against Exeter.....had to put someone, just think you will struggle this season
could be one from half a dozen...If i did 1-24 again today i would more than likely have someone else bottom

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Willo has 4 goals last season despite playing the equivalent minuted of 14 games last season...

Kachunga has 6 league goals in 6 years...

Never get why fans get so defensive when fans tip their team to do X,Y and Z lets face it none of us know how it will pan out on grass at this stage.
I’m not defensive over fans tipping us to go down.

I pointed out that Cousins is 29 years old and as explained above ref the comments on our squad is wide of the mark.

AmberRich

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
There has been 30 predictions on here, the clubs with most predictions to be relegated so far are:

Cheltenham with 22
Carlisle with 18
Cambridge with 16
Northampton with 13
Exeter with 10
Stevenage with 9
Burton and Fleetwood with 6
Port Vale and Reading with 5
Shrewsbury with 4
Orient and Wigan with 2
Bristol Rovers and Wycombe with 1

Seems to be basically the same predictions every year to be fair.

dwightyorke

Reaction score
Supports
Bergkamp10
1st Blackpool
2nd Bolton
3rd Portsmouth
4th derby
5th reading
6th Charlton
7th Barnsley
8th Oxford
9th Lincoln
10th Bristol rovers
11th Wycombe
12th Peterborough
13th Burton
14th Fleetwood
15th Leyton Orient
16th Wigan
17th port vale
18th Stevenage
19th Exeter
20th Shrewsbury
21st Northampton
22nd carlise
23rd Cambridge
24th Cheltenham

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Very unnerving that no one has predicted us for the drop/towards bottom of the league. I do feel we have recruited well this summer, and all permanents too, but certainly weaker at the back for next season.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
There has been 30 predictions on here, the clubs with most predictions to be relegated so far are:

Cheltenham with 22
Carlisle with 18
Cambridge with 16
Northampton with 13
Exeter with 10
Stevenage with 9
Burton and Fleetwood with 6
Port Vale and Reading with 5
Shrewsbury with 4
Orient and Wigan with 2
Bristol Rovers and Wycombe with 1

Seems to be basically the same predictions every year to be fair.
As I mentioned before, I'd be more surprised if we weren't favourites among other fans to get relegated. We're easily forgotten about and very few people know anything about our squad - despite comments to the contrary.

Our biggest strength is that we had a solid base this summer. Yes, we lost Alfie May and Caleb Taylor, but both have been replaced - in Taylor's case by Curtis Davies, arguably a step up in quality (though I expect Taylor to play in the Prem at some point). I've already explained why I don't think losing Alfie will impact us as much as others think.

But I'm happy to have everyone underestimate us - makes looking back over these predictions next year all the more fun.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
1. Blackpool
2. Charlton
3. Portsmouth
4. Bolton
5. Derby
6. Bristol Rovers
7. Oxford
8. Lincoln
9. Peterborough
10.Orient
11.Wycombe
12.Wigan
13.Burton
14.Barnsley
15.Shrewsbury
16.Northampton
17.Fleetwood
18.Carlisle
19.Port Vale
20.Exeter
21.Cambridge
22.Stevenage
23.Reading
24.Cheltenham

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
Am I missing something with Portsmouth? I see a lot of people tipping them but just doesn’t ring true to me. Same with Oxford.

Oxford won 2 league games in the final four months of the season. They’ve made two good signings in Rodrigues and Thorniley, but is that enough to see them go from being two points off relegation to a play-off, possibly even automatic contender?

Portsmouth are probably in better shape, but I don’t see the excitement with any of their signings. They seem like solid League One signings, don’t get me wrong, but can’t pick the ones that are going to put them over the edge.

I expect both teams to be solid, but just find the current hype around them somewhat confusing from my point of view.

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
1. Derby
2. Portsmouth
3. Barnsley
4. Blackpool
5. Charlton
6. Oxford
7. Shrewsbury
8. Lincoln
9. Leyton Orient
10. Bolton
11. Wycombe
12. Burton
13. Exeter
14. Cheltenham
15. Cambridge
16. Peterborough
17. Stevenage
18. Northampton
19. Bristol Rovers
20. Carlisle
21. Port Vale
22. Wigan
23. Fleetwood
24. Reading

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Am I missing something with Portsmouth? I see a lot of people tipping them but just doesn’t ring true to me. Same with Oxford.

Oxford won 2 league games in the final four months of the season. They’ve made two good signings in Rodrigues and Thorniley, but is that enough to see them go from being two points off relegation to a play-off, possibly even automatic contender?

Portsmouth are probably in better shape, but I don’t see the excitement with any of their signings. They seem like solid League One signings, don’t get me wrong, but can’t pick the ones that are going to put them over the edge.

I expect both teams to be solid, but just find the current hype around them somewhat confusing from my point of view.
Can't disagree with this. I think it reflects the general lack of strength in this division compared to the last few years.

Oxford greatly underperformed against their xg last season, so a regression to the norm wouldn't be too surprising. Rodrigues could just be the player to transform them into a play-off team. Manning has shown what he can do when things click.

As for us, we're still looking to sign an attacking midfielder who can create and score goals. We're hanging on in the race for Chelsea's Tino Anjorin, but it's more likely that he's Eredivisie-bound. Most Pompey fans are anticipating a run at the playoffs rather than autos.

huddsmoose

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
I found it very hard to pick a league winner - all clubs seem to have weaknesses or at least a question mark over them. I went with Bolton in the end but they don't seem anywhere near the quality of the three promoted sides last year, or arguably even as much quality as Bolton had.

SteveCTFC

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham
1. Charlton
2. Bolton

3. Derby
4. Reading
5. Blackpool
6. Barnsley
7. POSH
8. Pompey
9. Wigan
10. Orient
11. Bristol Rovers
12. Oxford
13. Fleetwood
14. Lincoln
15. Cheltenham
16. Shrewsbury
17. Stevenage
18. Wycombe
19. Burton
20. Cambridge

21. Port Vale
22. Exeter
23. Carlisle
24. Northampton

Interesting division this year. No stand out team, fancy a team like Charlton to get on a roll. Could make a case for 10 teams to go down. Don't think much of the Derby squad but still have them 3rd, so who knows. Cambridge just safe because of the excellent Bonner.

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Derby still have an enormous budget for this level. If they dont win the league it will be a huge upset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!