Starting XIs...

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Just on the forward line for Mansfield - hasn't Craig Davies scored 14 goals in his last 99 starts, and Tyler Walker has only scored ten goals in his entire career so far? I'm not saying that it doesn't have potential, but I'm not certain there's enough firepower there to gain promotion.

Fair comment, to be fair Rose would have got at least 20 if Evans did not leave last season. We are a bit reliant on ‘potential’ with Walker and Angol, but given enough playing time Rose is somebody capable of hitting 20 and Davies can do double figures in this league hopefully.

Our problem last season was not finishing teams off, Hemmings was the worst culprit by far but other players can also be blamed. The hope is we get more contribution from Alex MacDonald and CJ Hamilton from midfield plus Otis Khan who should be a goalscoring threat.

If we set up right which is a big if with Flitcroft I think we will score enough.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
Just on the forward line for Mansfield - hasn't Craig Davies scored 14 goals in his last 99 starts, and Tyler Walker has only scored ten goals in his entire career so far? I'm not saying that it doesn't have potential, but I'm not certain there's enough firepower there to gain promotion.

Davies/Walker/Rose and to a lesser extent Angol is an impressive gaggle of Forwards at Field MFI

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Angol got so much potential, he’s actually got a good goal to game ratio, he hardly played last season.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
Angol got so much potential, he’s actually got a good goal to game ratio, he hardly played last season.

Like my school report, obvious talent there but doesn’t always apply himself.

Clearly 3rd choice last season behind Rose and Hemmings

Moss Rose Silkmen

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield
Rhys Taylor
Jared Hodgkiss - Keith Lowe - Jamie Grimes - David Fitzpatrick
Koby Arthur - Danny Whitaker - Callum Evans - Ryan Lloyd
Scott Wilson - Harry Smith

Without another CM to replace Danny Whitehead I think we're really going to struggle this season.

Semi-skimmed Silk

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield Town
Without another CM to replace Danny Whitehead I think we're really going to struggle this season.

Do think our starting 11 is weaker than last season's (especially without Durrell back), and with the lack of Askey's effect on getting them performing above their level I agree that we'll struggle based on the current situation.

jbet

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Davies/Walker/Rose and to a lesser extent Angol is an impressive gaggle of Forwards at Field MFI

Maybe I'm blinded by the memories of Tyler Walker looking like a lost child for the majority of his loan spell with us 18 months ago. In fairness to him, he was coming into a horrible team with zero creativity so it was always going to be a tough gig. And that was in League One.

Moss Rose Silkmen

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield
Do think our starting 11 is weaker than last season's (especially without Durrell back), and with the lack of Askey's effect on getting them performing above their level I agree that we'll struggle based on the current situation.
I agree. If you take just the above 11 then it makes for worrying reading. This is me with my pessimistic head on.

Rhys Taylor - Been at Fylde the last 2 seasons, one in the Conference North and one in the Conference and couldn't get in the first team. Went out on loan to Conference side Tranmere and was dropped. Now looks to be our first choice keeper in the FL.

Jared Hodgkiss - Spent the season before last playing in the Conference North and a loan spell at struggling Torquay in the Conference before captaining us to the Conference title last season.

Keith Lowe - Was considered to not be good enough by York in League Two. Ended up back in the Conference North and was let go before joining us last summer. Tbf he was briliant for us last season.

Jamie Grimes - Only spent 1 season in the FL and that was last season with Cheltenham. They were buzzing when he was released.

David Fitzpatrick - Never played any higher than the Conference.

Koby Arthur - Only started a handful of games for us in the Conference and didn't even make the bench since February.

Danny Whitaker - Not played in the FL for 5 seasons. Will be 38 in November. Still our best midfielder.

Callum Evans - Was signed as a right back and was released by FGR as he couldn't get into their team. Converted to become a CM.

Ryan Lloyd - Was deemed nowhere near good enough by Port Vale. Spent a long time out injured in the Conference last season.

Scott Wilson - Never played higher than the Conference. Was let go by Eastleigh the season before last and dropped by Askey at the back end of last season.

Harry Smith - Signed from the Non-League by Millwall but had a tough time there and was let go. Managed 3 goals in 19 for Swindon in this league last season.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Hodgkiss was quality for us a few years back, a full back who actually knows how to defend, positions himself very well, always tough for wingers to get past. Evans is no mug either, did ok when he got a chance, but was never going to displace a stalwart like Dale Bennett.

We had Grimes on loan a few years back as well as a youngster, was pretty solid and strong in the air. Thought he'd go on to play higher.

Blue Lion

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield
Rhys Taylor
Jared Hodgkiss - Keith Lowe - Jamie Grimes - David Fitzpatrick
Koby Arthur - Danny Whitaker - Callum Evans - Ryan Lloyd
Scott Wilson - Harry Smith

I wonder whether Welch Hayes might have played himself into the starting 11 based on his pre season form, and likewise Evans might have played himself out of it. And Ryan Lloyd is way better in the centre than out wide.

So right now I'd like to see a midfield of
Welch Hayes....Whitaker....Lloyd....Arthur/Stevens

Central and wide midfield both need strengthening and I'm sure Yates will sort something before next weekend.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Ryan Lloyd was an odd one, we kept giving him a new deal for 2 or 3 years but he just never broke into the team. That said we were in league one most of the time and during that time we had the likes of Mark Marshall, Jennison Myrie-Williams (who was class for us), Chris Eagles and so forth.

Hope he does well but that Macc Town XI does look fairly poor for this level. Whittaker was decent for us 10 years ago but is ancient now, Lowe must be knocking on now? Was with us the same time Danny was!

How come you haven't overly strengthened since promotion to consolidate? Money issues?

Big Bird

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Harry Smith isn't a bad player. Decent target man and puts himself about, wins most things in the air because he's a giant. Bit of an aggressive streak in him which I quite liked.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
our first eleven will likely consist of eleven of our thirteen fit senior players, three loanees and a couple of the kids will help make up the numbers on the bench

Hurrikeen

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham Athletic
Twitter
@Hurrikeen
I still think we are 2 strikers and a natural wideman short - though I am led to believe we'll be bring 2 strikers in before the middle of next week - but at the moment the squad is looking like this:

GK: Iversen
GK: Placide
GK: De la Paz

RB: Dummigan
RB: Hamer

CB: Clarke
CB: Edmundson
CB: Graham
CB: Stott

LB: Taylor
LB: Hunt

DM: Missilou
DM: Fane

CM: Gardner
CM: Coke
CM: Maouche
CM: Byrne*

RM: Branger-Engone

LM: Nepomuceno

ST: Baxter
ST: Benteke

*If he pulls his finger out of his arse and grows up. If he doesn't, and we find someone to pay his wages then he'll be off. Would be a shame though, as aside from his obvious lack of discipline, on his day he'd be one of, if not the, best CMs in this league.

First XI as it stands at the minute:

Iversen

Hunt - Clarke - Edmundson - Taylor

Coke - Missilou - Gardner

Baxter

Benteke - New ST​

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Garratt

Ng Ray Nolan Pickering

Ainley Green Jones Kirk

Bowery Miller

Subs:
Richards
Raynes
Hunt
Wintle
Lowery
Nicholls
Porter

Blue Lion

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield
Ryan Lloyd was an odd one, we kept giving him a new deal for 2 or 3 years but he just never broke into the team. That said we were in league one most of the time and during that time we had the likes of Mark Marshall, Jennison Myrie-Williams (who was class for us), Chris Eagles and so forth.

Hope he does well but that Macc Town XI does look fairly poor for this level. Whittaker was decent for us 10 years ago but is ancient now, Lowe must be knocking on now? Was with us the same time Danny was!

How come you haven't overly strengthened since promotion to consolidate? Money issues?
We never had that much money anyway and I guess most of it was spent on signing up as much of last season's team as possible, presumably on better money than previously as well. We've brought in a few new players but it's really been about increasing the numbers with the little money we have left rather than throwing money at a top class signing or two. Maybe the change in management half way through pre season scuppered any 'big' moves but honestly I think we were always going to have to sign a few young inexperienced players and a couple of FL journeymen and just see what happens. Undoubtedly there are a couple more signings still to come too.

Looking at last season's team, a lot of them can make the step up - Whitaker and Lowe have still got it and should be fine at this level. Hodgkiss and especially Fitz will both be solid fullbacks. Durrell and Lloyd (who really grew into his role here last season before getting injured) should be good enough if they can stay fit. Evans will do a job here and there. Out of the new players Grimes is solid and Smith is decent up front. Rose has experience and quality but i'm not totally convinced with him just yet. I expect we'll struggle, but there's still a good chance we'll stay up.

Tranmerewhite

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
We never had that much money anyway and I guess most of it was spent on signing up as much of last season's team as possible, presumably on better money than previously as well. We've brought in a few new players but it's really been about increasing the numbers with the little money we have left rather than throwing money at a top class signing or two. Maybe the change in management half way through pre season scuppered any 'big' moves but honestly I think we were always going to have to sign a few young inexperienced players and a couple of FL journeymen and just see what happens. Undoubtedly there are a couple more signings still to come too.

Looking at last season's team, a lot of them can make the step up - Whitaker and Lowe have still got it and should be fine at this level. Hodgkiss and especially Fitz will both be solid fullbacks. Durrell and Lloyd (who really grew into his role here last season before getting injured) should be good enough if they can stay fit. Evans will do a job here and there. Out of the new players Grimes is solid and Smith is decent up front. Rose has experience and quality but i'm not totally convinced with him just yet. I expect we'll struggle, but there's still a good chance we'll stay up.
Didn’t Lowe retire?

Fuzzyvalefan

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Ours now is probably looking like:

Scott Brown
James Gibbons
Nathan Smith
Leon Legge
Christian Montano
Luke Joyce
Luke Hannant
Emanuel Oyeleke
David Worrall
Ricky Miller
Tom Pope

Subs

Sam Hornby
Connell Rawlinson
Theo Vassell
Anthony Kay
Scott Quigley
Brendan Daniels
Louis Dodds

immariner

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town FC
Garratt

Ng Ray Nolan Pickering

Ainley Green Jones Kirk

Bowery Miller

Subs:
Richards
Raynes
Hunt
Wintle
Lowery
Nicholls
Porter

That screams 15th-17th to me. Thoughts? Likely to strengthen before next Saturday?

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
That screams 15th-17th to me. Thoughts? Likely to strengthen before next Saturday?
No we look all set, maybe a young lad from Liverpool on loan. I'm fairly happy, Bowery, Miller, Porter and Nicholls have got goals in them. Ray and Nolan were solid at the back end of last season. Were going with pretty much the same team we finished the end of last season with, which we were the form team. We have alot of young exciting players, who are gaining in experience all the time. I don't expect us to pull up too many trees but a steady improvement on last season, perhaps sneak a top half finish.

immariner

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town FC
No we look all set, maybe a young lad from Liverpool on loan. I'm fairly happy, Bowery, Miller, Porter and Nicholls have got goals in them. Ray and Nolan were solid at the back end of last season. Were going with pretty much the same team we finished the end of last season with, which we were the form team. We have alot of young exciting players, who are gaining in experience all the time. I don't expect us to pull up too many trees but a steady improvement on last season, perhaps sneak a top half finish.

Pretty reasonable assessment I'd say. Happy to see any of your 4 strikers start? Porter and Nicholls bring a lot of 'nous', whereas Miller and Bowery a bit more instinctive kind of strikers?

Green's age a worry at all? If he's still got 'legs', him and Nolan key for you to help push the youngsters on I feel. Definitely a plus having them in your spine. Really interesting to see if your young squad can push on.

Ones to watch? Ainley and Jones? Pickering seemed to get some good reviews toward the end of last season.

Simpo

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham Athletic
When Baxter's fit:
oi0lblr.png

If David Cotterill comes in as expected, place him in Branger-GamesGone's spot.

Dummigan, Hamer, Graham, Coke, Benteke pushing hard for starting spots too. I believe this bunch can do well.

Franchisor

Reaction score
Supports
Milton Keynes Dons
Not really sure on how Tisdale will set us up but our best 11 with everyone fully fit would likely be:

Nicholls
Lewington (C)
Moore-Taylor
Walsh
Williams
Houghton
Gilbey
Pawlett
Harley
Aneke
Agard

Subs: Sietsma, Baudry, Hancox, Brittain, Watson, McGrandles, Sow

Hurrikeen

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham Athletic
Twitter
@Hurrikeen
When Baxter's fit:
oi0lblr.png

If David Cotterill comes in as expected, place him in Branger-GamesGone's spot.

Dummigan, Hamer, Graham, Coke, Benteke pushing hard for starting spots too. I believe this bunch can do well.
Rumour has it Byrne has apologised to Bunn and wants back in. Happy fucking days if that’s true.

Simpo

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham Athletic
Rumour has it Byrne has apologised to Bunn and wants back in. Happy fucking days if that’s true.
I'm heading to the open training session tomorrow, it'll be interesting to see if he's there.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Jamie Grimes - Only spent 1 season in the FL and that was last season with Cheltenham. They were buzzing when he was released.

For 3 games in 4 Grimes is a solid, if unspectacular, defender. He'll win everything in the air, and he'll clear his lines with no issues at all.

Unfortunately, in that 4th game he will make a howler that will lead to a goal, and there will be nothing the rest of your defence can do about it, so bad will the howler be. Off the top of my head I can think of three goals that he was at fault for, FGR away (complete air kick to clear the ball, leaving Doidge through to score), Yeovil at home (literally passed the ball to a Yeovil forward who was then clean through to score) and Exeter at home (rather than clearing the ball, tries to take on an attacker in his own box, is tackled and they score).

Things like that stick in the mind, and despite the fact that for 30 games he was perfectly fine - the other games are enough to say he isn't good enough for League football.

One thing I would say though, no other player (except maybe Lowey - the Bilston Cafu) will put in more effort for the cause.

Regarding our starting XI, I honestly have no idea what it will be, but if I was to hazard a guess, I'll go 3-5-2:

GK - Scott Flinders

RWB - Sean Long

CB - Jordon Forster
CB - Will Boyle
CB - Johnny Mullins

LWB - Joshua Debayo

CDM - Ben Tozer
CM - Nigel Atangana
CAM - Jacob Maddox

FW - Manny Duku
FW - Liam McAlinden

We could go 4-4-2, in which case the wing-backs would become fullbacks, Forster would be out of the team, Maddox would be LM and Connor Thomas or Ryan Broom would come in as RM.

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
Goalkeeper scott brown
Right wing back james gibbons
Left wing back christian montano
Centre back connell rawlinson
Centre back nathan smith
Centre back leon legge
Centre midfield luke joyce
Centre midfield manny oyeleke
Right midfield david worall
Left midfield luke hannant
Striker tom pope
Striker ricky miller
Question marks over legge been awful in preseason and miller only played 45 mins so louis dodds may play in a role just behind the striker. Those are the players in the frame to play cant see people like michael tongue danny pugh theo vassell Scott quigley been anything other than subs.

PaulHaddock

people person
Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Goalkeeper scott brown
Right wing back james gibbons
Left wing back christian montano
Centre back connell rawlinson
Centre back nathan smith
Centre back leon legge
Centre midfield luke joyce
Centre midfield manny oyeleke
Right midfield david worall
Left midfield luke hannant
Striker tom pope
Striker ricky miller
Question marks over legge been awful in preseason and miller only played 45 mins so louis dodds may play in a role just behind the striker. Those are the players in the frame to play cant see people like michael tongue danny pugh theo vassell Scott quigley been anything other than subs.
Your team seems to have that bit extra that others don’t!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!