Starting XI’s - Current Squad (keep updating)

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
New <
Out>

Keepers
Corey Addai
Roshan Grensall <

Defenders
Dion Conroy
Harry Ransom
Joel Lynch
Travis Johnson
Nick Tsaroulla
Kellan Gordon
Brandon Mason >
Tobi Omole (started every game then got a cruciate injury, back running)
Midfield
Jack Powell >
Jake Hessenthaler (owners have said he will never play for the club again)
Ben Gladwin
Jack Roles
Rafiq Khaleel
Jayden Davis
Liam Kelly <
James Tilley >
Forwards
Dom Telford
Ashley Nadersan
Kwesi Appiah (spent all of last season either injured or on loan at Colchester)
Danillo Orsi <

Sorry forgot to cross out Jack Powell who has joined Crewe.

If Orsi is the cf we've been crying out for just some legs in midfield and a left side midfielder needed for a mid table finish.

Casey

JJ1990

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Squad hasn't changed much since the last update, so I'll go with what I think is Crewe Alex's best starting XI right now:

4-3-3:

GK: Harvey Davies
RB: Ryan Cooney
CB: Connor O'Riordan
CB: Luke Offord
LB: Charlie Finney
CM: Conor Thomas
CM: Jack Powell
CM: Joel Tabiner
RW: Shilow Tracey
ST: Courtney Baker-Richardson
LW: Chris Long

Subs:
Tom Booth, Zac Williams, Rio Adebisi, Charlie Colkett, Regan Griffiths, Matus Holicek, Elliott Nevitt

Remaining Depth:
Dave Richards(Transfer listed), Billy Sass-Davies(Transfer listed) Lewis Billington, Connor Evans, Max Woodcock(Not signed yet, FYP), Owen Lunt(Not signed yet, FYP), Zak Kempster-Down(Not signed yet, FYP)

Clear they still need 3-4 players in. Starting XI should hold it's own when fit. Biggest concern for me is the full backs, they worry me as Cooney doesn't have a lot of experience and Finney is basically learning the position. Offord and O'Riordan is fine as a CB partnership, but an experienced signing back there helps. Not sure who drops to the bench though. And Williams needs games but might also find his path blocked for the time being.

The midfield 3 looks decent, Thomas is a nice CDM option, whilst Tabiner is a number 10 and Powell number 8. Hopefully plenty of creativity and goals in those 2. No depth behind them though, injury prone Colkett and Griffiths, who should have been gone years ago.

Upfront, Tracey I'm not that enthused about. Got lots of pace, but he didn't start or produce very often for Cambridge in the last 3 seasons, so I'm hoping for another signing to challenge him. CBR and Long will be good for 10 each IF they can fit, which is a big if. Depth behind them is lacking.

As ever though, the hopes and dreams of the club massively hinge on the youngsters. If Finney, O'Riordan, Tabiner and potentially Holicek, Williams and maybe Woodcock or Lunt have good seasons, the team will do well. If only 1-2 of them step up, mid-table will be the best we can hope for.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Goalkeepers
Fiachra Pagel
Ross Doohan (though rumours that he's off to Aberdeen abound)

Defence
Corey O'Keeffe
Dom Bernard
Jamie Robson
Ryan Innis
Sean Robertson (reckon he might be loaned out or sold, spent a lot of time at Crewe Alex last season)
David Davis (reckon he might be loaned out or sold, was latterly on loan to Solihull Moors)
[Udoka Godwin-Malife offered contract extension. No public news yet, but reckon it's unlikely he'll stay]

Midfield
Charlie McCann
Harvey Bunker
Reece Brown
Teddy Jenks
Kyle McAllister
Jordon Garrick
Armani Little (reckon he will be loaned out or sold, was at Wimbledon for 2nd half of last season))

Forwards
Matty Stevens
Tyrese Omotoye
Amadou Bakayoko

Midfield looks like it might work. Not sure about the other bits though...

Can now add new loan signing from Hull Callum Jones to the midfield, which looks near complete. Still work needed on other areas, especially as a few could still be off.

Hoping for at least a couple more experienced/proven players, especially at CB given Inniss’ suspension and injury record. Two of our three signings so far are young lads looking to prove themselves, which granted is our usual type of signing however given how atrocious our form has been since February 2022 and how many of our best players have left we need to steady the ship with a few older heads imo.

Doohan leaving would be a boost, right now our goalkeeping department is made up of him, who has generally been shit and whose confidence looks shot, and Pagel who didn’t play a minute in the league for Drogheda this year. We desperately need someone better there. If Doohan stays I doubt that will happen.

Last edited:

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
New <
Out>

Keepers
Corey Addai
Roshan Grensall <

Defenders
Dion Conroy
Harry Ransom
Joel Lynch
Travis Johnson
Nick Tsaroulla
Kellan Gordon
Brandon Mason >
Midfield
Jack Powell >
Ben Gladwin
Jack Roles
Rafiq Khaleel
Jayden Davis
Liam Kelly <
James Tilley >
Forwards
Dom Telford
Ashley Nadersan
Kwesi Appiah >
Danillo Orsi <

Kwesi Appuah has left after agreeing to have a mutual termination of his contract. It was expected. I am expecting Hessanthaler to be the last to go like this but you never know.

Possible team.

Addai
Conroy Lynch Omole
Gordon Tsaroulla
Gladwin Kelly
Orsi Telford Nadersan

A 5 2 3 system. Maybe a 5 3 2 with Khaleel in for Orsi or Nadersan. I just think k we are lightweight I the midfield though.

Casey

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
New signings in italics

Goalkeepers
Harvey Davies (loan)
Tom Booth
Dave Richards (transfer listed)

Defenders
Ryan Cooney
Rio Adebisi
Zac Williams
Luke Offord
Connor O'Riordan
Charlie Finney
Lewis Billington
Zak Kempster-Down (first year pro)
Billy Sass-Davies (transfer listed)

Midfielders
Conor Thomas
Regan Griffiths
Charlie Colkett
Jack Powell
Joel Tabiner
Matus Holicek
Owen Lunt (first year pro)

Forwards
Chris Long
Courtney Baker-Richardson
Elliott Nevitt
Connor Evans
Max Woodcock (first year pro)
Shilow Tracey

All contract situations from the end of the season resolved. Tariq Uwakwe leaves us by mutual consent, Dan Agyei moves on to Leyton Orient whilst the three first year pro's, Lewis Billington and Charlie Finney sign new deals.

All about offloading the two transfer listed players now and bringing in 2 more permanent signings and 2-3 more loanees for added depth and then I feel we'll be good to go. Hopefully Charlie Raglan will be next to sign!

White Army

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I would imagine we will be setting up as below for the first game against Barow. Dawes seems to like a diamond formation, but did play 4231 towards the end of last season.

GK: Luke Mcgee

RB: Lee O Connor
CB: Tom Davies
CB: Jordan Turnbull
LB: Ethan Bristow

DM: Brad Walker
CM: Regan Hendry
CM: Kieron Morris
AM: Josh Hawkes

ST: Luke Norris
ST: Kristian Dennis

Subs:
Joe Murphy
Ben Hockenhull
Chris Merrie
Rhys Hughes
Reece Mcalear
Kane Hemmings
Harvey Saunders

Squad players:
Paul Lewis
Sam Taylor
Charlie Jolley
Connor Jennings

I still expect a lot of movement between now and August. Bristow, Hawkes and Hemmings will all likely leave - Bristow and Hawkes subject to interest from leagues above. They are both in contract so we will get a decent fee for both.

We badly need to add depth in defence, a couple of fullbacks and a backup centre back. Midfield we are well stacked, although we are apparently close to adding a creative mid this week.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Can take Ross Doohan and Armani Little out of our squad, quite probably add David Davis and one or two others to that too shortly.

Basically we seem to have 16 senior players plus 3 first year pros, those 16 include just one GK with zero EFL experience and several other players not really good enough but on contracts. We also have no manager or many coaching staff and our chief scout has left. Preparations going well for the new season…..

Hopefully we appoint a manager at some point before the season starts so we can sign players they might actually want.

Optipez

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Can take Ross Doohan and Armani Little out of our squad, quite probably add David Davis and one or two others to that too shortly.

Basically we seem to have 16 senior players plus 3 first year pros, those 16 include just one GK with zero EFL experience and several other players not really good enough but on contracts. We also have no manager or many coaching staff and our chief scout has left. Preparations going well for the new season…..

Hopefully we appoint a manager at some point before the season starts so we can sign players they might actually want.
Little looked great when he was at Torquay. I'd be happy for us to sign him.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers

That sums up the situation pretty well...I'm starting to wonder if Dale Vince is starting to become a negative factor when it comes to people (players and staff) joining our club?

Next season could be dreadful at this rate...going from being pitied by opposition fans to loathed because of who our Chairman is...I just hope they take it out on him and not us!

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
I genuinely don't know what Hurst is working towards in terms of system. I'd imagine he wants a squad of around 22 that can play a variety of ways and he'll tinker and adapt us depending on who we're playing.

GK
None

Defence
Luke Waterfall
Niall Maher
Toby Mullarkey
Michee Efete
The Rubbish Glennon
Danny Amos

Midfield
Harry Clifton
Gavan Holohan
Alex Hunt
Kieran Green
Evan Khouri

Attack
Danny Rose
Danilo Orsi
Otis Khan
Abo Eisa
Donovan Wilson

In terms of remaining incomings I think it'll be two keepers, a centre back, a midfielder, a big man type striker, a wingery or in the hole type attacker and maybe another right back. If we get some quality coming in then we'll be decent. The core of the squad is in place and it's solid if a little unspectacular.

If we were to play tomorrow I'd hazard a guess that the lineup would be something like this but I'm probably a few players off being truly accurate...

GK - Shaun Pearson
RB - Efete
CB - Waterfall
CB - Maher
LB - Glennon
CM - Green
CM - Clifton
CM - Hunt
LW - Eisa
ST - Rose
RW - Khan

...Rose and the wide players will definitely need a big man of some sort in the squad, as I don't think Rose and two nippy wingers is a long term solution. I don't see Hurst giving Orsi much of a crack either. A top tier CM would really elevate those midfield options from solidly decent to good enough for a push.
GK
Harvey Cartwright
Jake Eastwood

Defence
Luke Waterfall
Niall Maher
Toby Mullarkey
Michee Efete
The Rubbish Glennon
Danny Amos
Harvey Rodgers

Midfield
Harry Clifton
Gavan Holohan
Alex Hunt
Kieran Green
Evan Khouri
Kamil Conteh

Attack
Danny Rose
Otis Khan
Abo Eisa
Donovan Wilson
Charles Vernam
Rekeil Pyke

Have checked off a fair few of those that I had on the shopping list since my last post. Still no clear idea what Hurst is planning formation wise. I got a fair few Fishy posters disagreeing with me when I said I could see a return to 442 at some point in the season so was quite satisfying to see us line up against Grimsby Borough in a 442 with Clifton on the right, Vernam on the left and Danny Rose up top in a two just as I said was a potential system.

Also just totting up squad numbers and my calculator must be broken as it's saying our massive squad is 3 players lighter than Wrexham's?

Richard Cranium

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Twitter
@jallsop93
I think this will be our opening day starting 11.

Pym
Johnson
Kikgour
Cargill
Lewis
Reed
Clarke
Quinn
Kellior-Dunn
Swan
Akins

442 diamond formation

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
I think this will be our opening day starting 11.

Pym
Johnson
Kikgour
Cargill
Lewis
Reed
Clarke
Quinn
Kellior-Dunn
Swan
Akins

442 diamond formation

Maris got to play when fit for me every time.

Not surprised if your right mind, a lot of quality on bench if that’s the case, until the injuries hit like they always do.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Pagel
O’Keeffe (if he hasn’t left)
Inniss
Bernard
Robson
Bunker
McCann
Jones
McAllister
Garrick
Stevens

Subs Robertson, Jenks, Brown, Omotoye, Bakayoko plus a couple of the first year pros.

Probably our strongest XI as things stand, although you could stick Reece Brown or Teddy Jenks in midfield. Might as well just hand us the title now.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I would imagine we will be setting up as below for the first game against Barow. Dawes seems to like a diamond formation, but did play 4231 towards the end of last season.

GK: Luke Mcgee

RB: Lee O Connor
CB: Tom Davies
CB: Jordan Turnbull
LB: Ethan Bristow

DM: Brad Walker
CM: Regan Hendry
CM: Kieron Morris
AM: Josh Hawkes

ST: Luke Norris
ST: Kristian Dennis

Subs:
Joe Murphy
Ben Hockenhull
Chris Merrie
Rhys Hughes
Reece Mcalear
Kane Hemmings
Harvey Saunders

Squad players:
Paul Lewis
Sam Taylor
Charlie Jolley
Connor Jennings

I still expect a lot of movement between now and August. Bristow, Hawkes and Hemmings will all likely leave - Bristow and Hawkes subject to interest from leagues above. They are both in contract so we will get a decent fee for both.

We badly need to add depth in defence, a couple of fullbacks and a backup centre back. Midfield we are well stacked, although we are apparently close to adding a creative mid this week.
Norris isn’t up to training on grass yet, so unlikely to be ready for the start of this season. Walker and Merrie training separately due to last season’s injuries, so unlikely to have much of a pre-season and Walker unlikely to start opening game, though agree likely first choice when fit.

At Vauxhall, Dawes seemed to be experimenting with a lone striker and the other forwards used in wide positions. Unsure it’s the best way to go with current players.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
New <
Out>

Keepers
Corey Addai
Roshan Grensall <

Defenders
Dion Conroy
Harry Ransom
Joel Lynch
Travis Johnson
Nick Tsaroulla
Kellan Gordon
Brandon Mason >
Midfield
Jack Powell >
Ben Gladwin
Jack Roles
Rafiq Khaleel
Jayden Davis
Liam Kelly <
James Tilley >
Forwards
Dom Telford
Ashley Nadersan
Kwesi Appiah >
Danillo Orsi <

Kwesi Appuah has left after agreeing to have a mutual termination of his contract. It was expected. I am expecting Hessanthaler to be the last to go like this but you never know.

Possible team.

Addai
Conroy Lynch Omole
Gordon Tsaroulla
Gladwin Kelly
Orsi Telford Nadersan

A 5 2 3 system. Maybe a 5 3 2 with Khaleel in for Orsi or Nadersan. I just think k we are lightweight I the midfield though.

Casey
We've added Harry Forster. A left winger who was at Bromley last season. Buggers the system I thought we were going for. Might be a 4-3-3 with Nadersan rw and Forster lw but I feel that playing Nadersan wide seems to put the dampers on him...just not as effective and Telford has shown he is not dangerous when working as a loan striker.

Casey

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
We've added Harry Forster. A left winger who was at Bromley last season. Buggers the system I thought we were going for. Might be a 4-3-3 with Nadersan rw and Forster lw but I feel that playing Nadersan wide seems to put the dampers on him...just not as effective and Telford has shown he is not dangerous when working as a loan striker.

Casey
Traditional wingers and a partner would suit Orsi a bit more I reckon so could be that you're looking at having a few systems that fit around Telford?

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Few additions for us, 3 youngsters signing pro deals. Alex Giles (CB), Sam Gale (CB) and Ronald Sithole (ST) onto the squad list for the season.

GK - Glenn Morris, Jake Turner
DF - Max Ehmer, Connor Masterson, Will Wright, Max Clark, Robbie McKenzie, Cheye Alexander, Alex Giles, Sam Gale
MF - Shaun Williams, Dom Jefferies, Jonny Williams, George Lapslie, Tim Dieng, Ethan Coleman, Josh Chambers, Jayden Clarke
ATT - Oli Hawkins, Tom Nichols, Joe Gbode, Lewis Walker, Ronald Sithole

Still need another centre forward, wide player and I'd like to see a versatile left sided player come in. Elsewhere we have good depth, and I think our starting XI stacks up against anyone in the league. Little bit more at the top end and I'll be happy.

One further addition for us since this list - youngster Matty MacArthur has signed his first pro deal. Attacking midfielder of Aussie heritage, I imagine he'll be out on loan more or less straight away but he might make some squads if we're short.

THE LAST WALTZ

Reaction score
Supports
GILLINGHAM
One further addition for us since this list - youngster Matty MacArthur has signed his first pro deal. Attacking midfielder of Aussie heritage, I imagine he'll be out on loan more or less straight away but he might make some squads if we're short.
Matty looked really sharp in his 15 minute spell yesterday.

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Matty looked really sharp in his 15 minute spell yesterday.
Good to hear. Haven't seen too much of him myself but he's had a lot of positive stuff said about him, much in the same way Dack had. Not to put too much pressure on the lad or anything.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Crawley have added Kaidi Lolas. Striker from Oxford City. Sub in their play off win this/last season. Played 12 times for Plymouth in league 1 but I don't see him starting ahead of Nadersan, Orsi and Telford.

Possibly means Oteh has decided against signing for us.

Casey

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
With a change in formation, I couldn’t tell you what our best XI is. We’ll know more towards the end of pre-season (as per most clubs).

At a guess:

GK: Harry Lewis

CB: Sam Stubbs
CB: Ash Taylor
CB: Matty Platt

RWB: Brad Halliday
LWB: Liam Ridehalgh

CM: Alex Pattison
CM: Ritchie Smallwood
CM: Jamie Walker

ST: Andy Cook
ST: Tyler Smith

クレイグ

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Midtable written all over that.

Reactions: loz

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Farman

Canavan
Ray
Feely

Worrall
Warren

Campbell
Spence
Whitfield

Proctor
Garner

could be way out though as our strength in depth is far better than the last 3 seasons.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
Midtable written all over that.

Best keeper in the league.

Same defence as least season which has proven to be solid (barring set pieces).

Revamped midfield - more goals added with Pattison. Keep Walker fit and we’re laughing. Between them they'll notch15-20 goals next season.

The leagues top scorer in Cook, alongside Championship addition Smith.

Strength in dept, too.

Why so cynical?

LeonTheGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle Football Club
Crawley have added Kaidi Lolas. Striker from Oxford City. Sub in their play off win this/last season. Played 12 times for Plymouth in league 1 but I don't see him starting ahead of Nadersan, Orsi and Telford.

Possibly means Oteh has decided against signing for us.

Casey
Klaidi Lolos* ;)

From memory Ryan Lowe I think it was talked him up and then never really used him. Looked half decent but not sure he’s up to L2.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
I was on the sauce for most of yesterday Leon. English as a second language for a while.

Casey

Gi Dalor

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
With a change in formation, I couldn’t tell you what our best XI is. We’ll know more towards the end of pre-season (as per most clubs).

At a guess:

This looks pretty accurate to me (which is fortunate because I think we've established that you know a lot more about City than I do). I'd see Oyegoke as the right wing back instead of Halliday, but I guess that's a genuine battle between the two of them.
I can see Halliday doing well as a wingback though.
Who is the competition for Ridehaugh? Clarke Odour? I think that's definitely where Hughes sees him playing, and where we have a need. Against Getafe in the first half, Oyegoke and Odour were the wingbacks and Gillead was in the centre. I know it wasn't the whole first team in the first half, but it seemed to show where Gillead and Odour are meant to fit in. (I don't know that Gillead fits in anywhere though).
I'd love to see Kevin McDonald in the first team, but I don't see who he replaces. Presumably he's competing with Walker and Pattison.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
This looks pretty accurate to me (which is fortunate because I think we've established that you know a lot more about City than I do). I'd see Oyegoke as the right wing back instead of Halliday, but I guess that's a genuine battle between the two of them.
I can see Halliday doing well as a wingback though.
Who is the competition for Ridehaugh? Clarke Odour? I think that's definitely where Hughes sees him playing, and where we have a need. Against Getafe in the first half, Oyegoke and Odour were the wingbacks and Gillead was in the centre. I know it wasn't the whole first team in the first half, but it seemed to show where Gillead and Odour are meant to fit in. (I don't know that Gillead fits in anywhere though).
I'd love to see Kevin McDonald in the first team, but I don't see who he replaces. Presumably he's competing with Walker and Pattison.

I can see McDonald being a replacement for Smallwood in games where his legs are going and true game management is needed - which is why we conceded so many late goals last season.

That, coinciding with a change back to 4231/4321 when required, he’ll slot in alongside Smallwood. After all, we still have wingers such as Harry Chapman to utilise.

AR27

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City

At a guess:

No way either Stubbs or Taylor play as an outside CB with their pace (or lack of it). Hughes has played both of them as the middle CB in the two friendlies so far and I don't see it changing. It'll be one or the other.

And whilst I like Halliday, he's not a RWB in a million years. And Ridehalgh is barely good enough to be on the bench.

Lewis

Platt
Stubbs
Odusina

Oyegoke
Pattison
Smallwood
Walker
Oduor

Cook
Smith

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Foster (Lainton)

Barnett (Forde)
Hayden (Cleworth)
Tozer (Tunnicliffe)
Boyle (O'Connell)
Mendy (McFadzean)

O'Connor (Young)
Jones (Cannon)
Lee (Davies)

Mullin (Waters)
Dalby (Palmer)

How I see us starting with their first replacements in brackets. Defence is especially stacked now.

I could see us bringing in another striker and another left back with McFadzean moving. Been speculated that Young could be moved on, so another midfielder would be brought in if so. Young doesn't really fit in as an O'Connor replacement so I could see there being truth in that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanPep

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!