DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
[QUOTE="SamScfc,

There isn't already a thread for this is there...[/QUOTE]

Yep. Have merged your posted in to it mate.

KHFC_Shaun

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Under Contract (All players signed on until Summer 2017)
Defenders
Tyrone Williams
- Get rid - so out of his depth. Only playing for what I believe, to improve the look of our academy. Must be so much better options out there.
Kennedy Digie - - Undecided - Been playing North football with Hednesford who are relegated, but not seen enough of him to really judge.
Zaine Francis Angol - Get Rid - Doesn't offer anything different to what we have got. North may be his level however.
Midfielders
Ousmane Fane -
Keep - One of our better players, breaks up play well and is the physical presence we need in the middle of the park.
Elton Ngwatala - Keep - A class act, if we hold onto him we will stand a chance. Would walk into most sides in the Conference in my opinion.
Arthur Gnahoua - Keep - A bit of a hot/cold player but he has contributed with goals and assists since hes came into the team. Can imagine that he would be one of the better wingers in the division next year.

Out of Contract
Goalkeepers
Dean Snedker
- Get Rid - Not good enough i'm afraid. Good shot stopper, but always a mistake in him, distribution is among the worst i've seen at this level and judgement is suspect.
Jon Brown - Undecided - Not played, can't imagine hes any good though if we got forced down the pecking order when O'Leary came in.
Defenders
Jared Hodgkiss - Get Rid - Doesnt justify the wage which he would be on. Been poor this season, no pace and no real leadership qualities shown, despite being our captain.

Jordan Tunnicliffe - Keep - I have always liked the look of Tunnicliffe but has struggled to get a proper run in the side. Think he would eventually turn out to be a top player for us.
Keith Lowe - Keep - Need to keep Lowe at all costs, experienced professional who has only recently dropped out the league because of his family and geographical reasons. Would be a top defender in the North.
Nathan Millichamp - Undecided - He's on our club website but he's never made the first team.

Midfielders
Jordan Jones - Get Rid -
Has had his chances throughout the season and not made an impression. Didn't go to the Bromley game where he bagged two but not done anything spectacular.
James McQuilkin - Keep - Might be a bit lightweight but with the style of play we will likely be adopting next year, he fits in well. Not as creative as Elton but will be useful.

Strikers -
Gurjit Singh - Keep -
Been unfairly treated by us in my opinion, was one of the few players who was scoring goals at the start of the season, but due to managerial changes/injuries, just hasn't been given another chance. He'll be off.
Evan Garnett - Keep - Hasn't had the service to be honest, playing as a lone striker with his build would be tough for anyone coming from a few leagues below. I feel theres a goalscoring knack in him.
Omari Patrick - Undecided - Maybe a good preseason will do him good, a very unselfish player but doesn't possess a physical presence up top, which is what we've been craving all season.
George Taylor - Undecided - See our other academy players who haven't played.
On Loan
Luke Maxwell - Keep -
Won't see him again, but if he's playing for Birmingham, we're not going to say no are we?
Kelvin Langmead - Get Rid - He may be a decent asset next year, but think we need to have a bit of pace at centre half, been caught on more than one occasion this year.
Lewis Kinsella -Keep - I would be more than happy for him to be our starting left-back next year. Solid player.
Ben Whitfield - Keep - Player of the season.

Out on Loan
Lathenial Rowe Turner - Get rid -
Fucking shambles.
Aman Verma - Rid -Dont know why he left in the first place, but he'll be off.
Reece Hales - Get Rid - He'll be off and no one will bat an eyelid.
Dan Sweeney - Keep - Looks promising in fairness and being 17 theres plenty of room for improvement. This league is too much of a step up for him currently, so maybe he will shine next year.
George Forsyth - Undecided - Not seen enough off him

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Evan Garnett - Keep - Hasn't had the service to be honest, playing as a lone striker with his build would be tough for anyone coming from a few leagues below. I feel theres a goalscoring knack in him.

He is awful is one of the first names for me to be out the door.

KHFC_Shaun

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
He is awful is one of the first names for me to be out the door.
I can see why you'd think that. He hasn't set the world alight, but he has a proven goalscoring record in leagues below. Our past players who have earnt us a bit of bob have came from similar backgrounds.

When Garnett came on board, in a struggling team, it was always going to be hard for him to make an impact. Personally i've seen some moments in his game to think he will become a decent player in time. Never in a million years is Garnett a lone striker - hes been poorly managed in my opinion.

yellow

Reaction score
Supports
Torquay
I hope we go in for Verma - is he out of contract? He's been class deputising at right back since the debacle at Dover.

Andy Harrier

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Under Contract (All players signed on until Summer 2017)
Defenders
Tyrone Williams
- Get rid - so out of his depth. Only playing for what I believe, to improve the look of our academy. Must be so much better options out there.
Kennedy Digie - - Undecided - Been playing North football with Hednesford who are relegated, but not seen enough of him to really judge.
Zaine Francis Angol - Get Rid - Doesn't offer anything different to what we have got. North may be his level however.
Midfielders
Ousmane Fane -
Keep - One of our better players, breaks up play well and is the physical presence we need in the middle of the park.
Elton Ngwatala - Keep - A class act, if we hold onto him we will stand a chance. Would walk into most sides in the Conference in my opinion.
Arthur Gnahoua - Keep - A bit of a hot/cold player but he has contributed with goals and assists since hes came into the team. Can imagine that he would be one of the better wingers in the division next year.

Out of Contract
Goalkeepers
Dean Snedker
- Get Rid - Not good enough i'm afraid. Good shot stopper, but always a mistake in him, distribution is among the worst i've seen at this level and judgement is suspect.
Jon Brown - Undecided - Not played, can't imagine hes any good though if we got forced down the pecking order when O'Leary came in.
Defenders
Jared Hodgkiss - Get Rid - Doesnt justify the wage which he would be on. Been poor this season, no pace and no real leadership qualities shown, despite being our captain.
Jordan Tunnicliffe - Keep -
I have always liked the look of Tunnicliffe but has struggled to get a proper run in the side. Think he would eventually turn out to be a top player for us.
Keith Lowe - Keep - Need to keep Lowe at all costs, experienced professional who has only recently dropped out the league because of his family and geographical reasons. Would be a top defender in the North.
Nathan Millichamp - Undecided - He's on our club website but he's never made the first team.

Midfielders
Jordan Jones - Get Rid -
Has had his chances throughout the season and not made an impression. Didn't go to the Bromley game where he bagged two but not done anything spectacular.
James McQuilkin - Keep - Might be a bit lightweight but with the style of play we will likely be adopting next year, he fits in well. Not as creative as Elton but will be useful.

Strikers -
Gurjit Singh - Keep -
Been unfairly treated by us in my opinion, was one of the few players who was scoring goals at the start of the season, but due to managerial changes/injuries, just hasn't been given another chance. He'll be off.
Omari Patrick - Undecided - Maybe a good preseason will do him good, a very unselfish player but doesn't possess a physical presence up top, which is what we've been craving all season.
George Taylor - Undecided - See our other academy players who haven't played.
On Loan
Luke Maxwell - Keep -
Won't see him again, but if he's playing for Birmingham, we're not going to say no are we?
Kelvin Langmead - Get Rid - He may be a decent asset next year, but think we need to have a bit of pace at centre half, been caught on more than one occasion this year.
Lewis Kinsella -Keep - I would be more than happy for him to be our starting left-back next year. Solid player.
Ben Whitfield - Keep - Player of the season.

Out on Loan
Lathenial Rowe Turner - Get rid -
Fucking shambles.
Aman Verma - Rid -Dont know why he left in the first place, but he'll be off.
Reece Hales - Get Rid - He'll be off and no one will bat an eyelid.
Dan Sweeney - Keep - Looks promising in fairness and being 17 theres plenty of room for improvement. This league is too much of a step up for him currently, so maybe he will shine next year.
George Forsyth - Undecided - Not seen enough off him
I mostly agree with this, but I would probably keep ZFA, Patrick and Snedker and I'm not sold on Garnett. Despite his record before here, neither Garnett or Patrick look like regular goalscorers, but Patrick looks stronger and quicker and his interplay with the midfield looks better. I think if we can find a goalscorer to play alongside him, he could be a useful player. Snedker's distribution is really frustrating, but I think he's a very good shot stopper and I just feel that's more important.

Andy Harrier

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
I hope we go in for Verma - is he out of contract? He's been class deputising at right back since the debacle at Dover.
I'm fairly sure he is. Still a little annoyed we got rid of him, I think he fell out with Hockaday.

dan_wrexhamafc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Our whole squad out of contract, a clean slate for Mills i'd go with this....
Goalkeepers
  • Cam Belford - Let Go
  • Rhys Taylor - SIGN - Very good keeper(currently on loan)
  • Sharpe - keep - decent prospect - 1 year
Defenders
  • Javan Vidal - Let go - to many injuries
  • Ross White - Keep - Young enough to develop - 1 year
  • Mark Carrington - Keep - Decent at RB, can play CM too, good on the ball - 2 years
  • Blaine Hudson - Let Go - To many mistakes, likes a drink too much
  • Manny Smith - Keep - 2 year deal
  • Jamal Fyfield - Keep - good enough back up - 1 year
  • Sean Newton - Keep - Underated imo, scores a few, puts good balls in just need a goalscorer to finish them - 1 year
Midfielders
  • Lee Fowler - Let go - Purely down to wages, probably high earner - Keep if not to expensive (potential 1 year)
  • Adriano Moke - Keep- Brilliant until his injury, Mills just won't play him anymore - 1 year
  • Simon Heslop - Keep - GREAT for us since he signed, 100% effort - 2 year
  • Rob Evans - Keep - Always committed, still young,decent already and can develop - 2 years
  • Wes York - Let Go - Great pace but no final ball, can play up top but poor finisher and very weak, Cieslewicz #2
  • John Royle - Let Go - constantly loaned out, not good enough
  • Connor Jennings - Keep - Best player, Great work rate, 15 goals playing CM all year, 10 assists, good age - 2 years
  • Louis Briscoe - Let Go - The lads poor
Forwards
  • Kayden Jackson - Keep - Unreal pace, good effort, excelled since he came into the team - 2 maybe 3 years, will score atleast 15-20 next season
  • James Gray - Keep - Decent enough as back up, can't understand how Beck gets infront of him, drink driving didn'thelp this season, 2 year driving ban, will probably leave
  • Mark Beck - Let Go - On loan here, would drive him back myself, awful
7 to be let go, potentially 1 more wage depending

iesty wfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Agree with the majority although I don't think he will give white a contract and would love for royle to stay and be given a chance in first team. Plus I think York offers enough to stay on too

If Taylor doesn't re sign then 2 goalkeepers would be a priority along with a 20 goal potential striker

AtfcTilliDie

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot
All of our players are on one year deals.

GOALKEEPERS
PHIL SMITH - Let go
DAN THOMAS - Keep

DEFENDERS
CHEYE ALEXANDER - Keep
OMAR BECKLES - Keep
- Our POTS, As much as I want beckles to stay he will probably get offered a better deal elsewhere at a football league team.
SEAN MCGINTY - Let go - He is trash.
JACK SAVILLE - Undecided
LUKE OLIVER - Let go
JOE OASTLER - Let go
CHRIS BARKER - Keep-
Our assistant player/manager

MIDFIELDERS
SAM HATTON - Let go
TOM RICHARDS - Let go
RHYS BROWNE - Keep
DAMON LATHROPE - Undecided
JAKE GALLAGHER - Keep -
Fantastic player gives 100% each time he plays.
DAN WALKER - Let go
JIM STEVENSON - Let go

FORWARDS
CHARLIE WALKER - Undecided

ON LOAN
ROSS LAFAYETTE - KEEP -
If we can
NATHAN RALPH - Let go
GIORGIO RASULO - Let go
LOUIS MCGRORY - Let go

Mr Scooty

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Ignoring the kids, because I have no idea how good they are, I'd offer deals to
  • Rhys Taylor
  • Mark Carrington
  • Blaine Hudson
  • Manny Smith
  • Jamal Fyfield
  • Sean Newton
  • Simon Heslop
  • Robbie Evans
  • Wes York
  • Connor Jennings
  • Kayden Jackson
Maybe Ross White too, I like him. Although I do think we are gagging for another centre back to organise the shit out of us, so maybe we need to let Ross or Blaine or both of them go, depends if Mills is going continue with 5 at the back.

Last edited:

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
These always create a bit of debate so with one game left who do you want your team to keep/tell to piss off?

Under Contract -

GK - Ian Ormson
- fine as a back up but no way should he be our number 1.
CM - Lewis Montrose - I'll still be surprised if he stays as he's clearly too good for this level.
CM - Glenn Rule - Really hope he stays as at the start of the season he was brilliant and instantly became a fan favourite, but then got hit with a ten game ban, got rushed back and played with an injury and not been the same, but I'm not sure he's a Gannon player.
AM - John Marsden - Been brilliant since he signed in January and is already our top scorer and contender for player of the year.
ST - George West - A kid.

Out of contract

GK - Danny Hurt
- Been injured for ages now but was the best keeper in the league last season. Keep

RB Danny Morton -
his first season at this level and hasn't looked out of place, gets caught out a bit defensively but personally think he's better as a winger. Keep

CB Sean O'Hanlon
- a few critics but overall had a good season, the type of defender you need in your side. Keep.

CB - Paul Connolly -
can play RB too and has had a solid season, if he's on a low-ish wage I'd keep.

LB Gareth Roberts -
He's nearly 40 but has had a good season considering, I wouldn't be against keeping him. Only thing concerning is his age. Not sure.

CB Chris Smalley -
doesn't convince me as much as others, as back up yeah but we want promotion next season and I think we can do better Go

CB/RB/CDM Ryan Ellison -
Back up player but covers a few positions nicely. Keep.

LM - Joe Garvin -
only on a low wage I assume and has done well, struggled with injury and most of his starts have been a left back but deserves a second season. Keep

CM - Tom Field
Not seen anything from him that makes me want him to stay. Go

CM - Wade Joyce -
on Non Contract so will probably go.

CM Charlie Russel -
another young player that covers a few positions, best known for that WWE moment at Worcester but he'll be on like £150 a week if that so he can stay.

LM Sam Grimshaw
- barely played and I've only seen him play 30 mins so I can't say.

RM - Jamie Menagh - struggled at the start but I really like him now, seems like a Gannon type player, too. Good technically, although we possibly need better to start. Keep.

ST Obi Anouro -
Gannon's first signing as he played well in his first game against Gloucester, his scoring record is good for us but his all round game is limited, wouldn't be against him saying but I think we can do better, maybe a bit harsh but go.

ST - Kayode Odejayi
the tough one. 50% of County fans will say he should stay, the other 50% will say go. He'll be on a big wage, and on that big wage, we get a player who wins his aerial battles, holds the ball up very well, but doesn't score, and a striker like that will not get you promoted. Lower your wages big man or go.

ST Richard Brodie
another one who splits opinion, he always gets booked for dissent and comes across as a bit of an arsehole, he's a natural goalscorer though and is capable of getting 20 goals. Keep

Loan players

Brandon Wilson - done well but can do better. Go.
Marcus Poscha
- played once and was shit. Go
Dean Henderson -
a slightly better version of Ormson. Go.

I've probably missed a few players off, and with Gannon saying he only wants a squad of 16-18 and he's already signed 4/5 players I'll be surprised if as many stay but here's what our squad would look like going off my post

Hurst

NEW RB - O'Hanlon - NEW CB - NEW LB

Montrose - Rule

Morton - Marsden - NEW LM

Brodie

Subs, Ormson, Connolly, Garvin, Ellison, NEW PLAYER.

There isn't already a thread for this is there...
Smalley has outperformed all our other defenders since Gannon came in and he will stay - the experienced three of O'Hanlon, Connolly and Roberts will all go as will pretty much everybody else out of contract I reckon - perhaps Morton and Ellison will stay if they are prepared to take squad roles.

Heard lots of interesting names in terms of targeted/signed players on Saturday, really looking forward to the summer and seeing what comes to fruition.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
I'm not certain of who is/isn't contracted for next season but...

Under Contract
Shaun Pearson
Josh Gowling
Omar Bogle
Harry Clifton (YT)

Defenders
Richard Tait- great attacking fullback and solid defensively. Would fit comfortably into L2, as he did with Cambridge. Keep.

Gregor Robertson- whilst fairly solid defensively, he offers nothing going forward and is pretty slow. I'm not sure he's up to it personally. Get rid.

Danny East- felt a bit sorry for him because he hasn't had his place back all season. Unfortunately, he's made some costly errors that have lead to goals and Tait/ Robertson/ Horwood are all better respectively. Undecided.

Toto Nsiala- Toto has pace, strength, prowess and he's also young. However, he sometimes gets caught out, loses his head and is pretty petulant. When he's on his game, he's brilliant. If he can cut out his errors, he will go higher. Keep.

Evan Horwood- arrived in January. Steady, good cross and no mistakes as of yet. Not sure he works with Monkhouse because he needs a pacy, attacking fullback with him. If only we still had Townsend ;(. Undecided.

Josh Sunter- Young CB, never seen him but he's been nowhere near the first team all season. Get rid.

Midfielders

Craig Disley- I'd keep him on forever if I could. The fact he's 34 and can keep up with most players in the division is testament to him. Expect him to retire in a couple of seasons but while he's playing, it should be with us. Keep.

Andy Monkhouse- he's an intelligent player but he is soooo slow. Needs an attacking fullback behind him. Not sure he offers enough without that though. Undecided.

Marcus Marshall- he's got the ability and potential to be great but he's a 1 in 50 player and he hasn't shown it once this season. Get rid.

Craig Clay- got displaced by Jon Nolan because, ultimately, he isn't as good. Great breaker upper of play but is woeful in the attacking sense. He's good backup. Keep.

Nathan Arnold- frighteningly fast and skilful and scores great goals...sometimes. Not very consistent and has had a generally poor season IMO. I'd wary of resigning him. Undecided.

Jon Nolan- He was brought in because our central midfielders were battlers, not creators. Nolans come in and now we can play it about more and we have someone who can actually take corners. Keep.

Josh Venney- small CM who has looked good when I've seen him. Keep.

Strikers

Padraig Amond- KEEP. KEEP. KEEP. Won't happen though unless we get promoted. He is just too good.

JP Pittman- can score goals when put into the team, but there's nothing really special about him. He's apparently brilliant for the dressing room. Undecided.

I'm sure Amond is a great player as his 30 goals this season proves. Sounds a bit like Daryl Clare. I just wonder why Morecambe let him go, unless he's like Clare and could never cut it in League 2. Just curious!

stupot

Reaction score
Supports
groundhopper
I agree with Lewhites in as much as, if by some stroke of good fortune or inspiration we go into the FL then the club might have to have a serious rethink on who they retain and who they let go.

KEEPERS:
Happy to keep both Walker & Rafferty though if we do go up and as in my eyes the keeper is the most important position on the pitch, I do think we may need to get in one with league experience. At the moment Walker has the shirt and is playing really well.

DEFENDERS/MIDFIELD
Richard Orlu;
Just signed a new contract, but not for me, can't knock the effort he puts in, but is that enough? Positionally he is all over the place, master of the boot it as high and as long as you can art, and has this annoying habit of heading it sideways, the fear is if we do go up he may really get found out get (get rid)
Sean Raggett;
Best CH by some way, England C International, and apart from an indifferent period around New yeear has been quite superb. He's only young and would love to see him stay, but he's not one of the players who as yet have re-signed and am worry a bigger club may come in and get him as Posh were apparently going to do inn the transfer Window. Distribution not brilliant, but in three battles against Rhead and Parkin has pretty much had them in his pocket, that's how strong the lad is (Most definitely keep)
Jamie Grimes:
Jury is out, started the season really well, so strong, so committed but then got injured and has struggled a bit since, and that included getting back into a largely winning team, but don't think we have seen the best of him (Keep)
Jack Parkinson:
Would I keep, if we are in this league next year yes, if we got promoted probably no, lack of pace is a concern, and though has played well back end of year, and is too inconsistent and prone to making quite a few mistakes (Not sure)
Sam Magri:
Signed a new contract and has had a brilliant year. Strong, superb at one on one defending and though he has had some stinkers over the season he has been superb and all fans will be delighted to see him committ for next year, and at 20 can only get better (Most definitely keep)
Tyronne Stirling:
Very reliable and decent footballing brain, and am convinced he would be a better defender if he was allowed to play football rather than (like Orlu) being under orders to smash it into orbit at every opportunity especially as a lot of the time like Orlus headers they go straight into touch, but love his attitude (Keep)
Aswad Thomas:
Think he has signed for next year, and though he's got pace in abundance, pushes up well he does unfortunately get caught ball watching, and on so many occasions just doesn't seem to know what is going on around him, and as a defender has to cut that out of his game (Keep)
Connor Essam;
On loan from Orient, so one assumes has a two year deal, if they release him from contract at the end of the year, then I would like to think we would definitely be fist in line to have him back full time (Keep)
Craig Braham-Barret:
I think he has been superb since he joined us on loan a couple of months ago. Defensively strong but pushes up to great affect, done really well, and even if Thomas as fit, I doubt if he would displace him with the form he has shown (Keep)

MIDFIELD

Tom Murphy; So frustrating, can be really good, but equally can be awful. Can't knock his endeavour but am sorry not for me (Get rid)
Chris Kinnear(JNR);
If we don't go up, which still remains a dream would be tempted to keep him as a squad player as he always gives his all, but is that enough? Cant be easy either playing for your Dad. (Keep just)
Liam Bellamy;
As above, but doubtful if could he perform consistently any higher, can't knock his commitment or endeavour but probably no more than a decent squad player though. (Keep)
Nick Deverdics:
Was good last year, and has been better this year, and am also convinced if we played through rather than over the midfield he would be even better, even more influential and even more important to the team. Leads the league in the assist stats and most certainly can deliver a lovely dead ball, but has so much more than to his games, and though half his goals have been from the spot, still has a had a great return in hitting the net. One of three or four players though I fear may leave for pastures new in the summer more likely if we don't go up and more particularly as he will be available without a fee. Great season though and must be up there for Dovers player of the year (Most certainly keep)

FORWARDS

Duane Ofori-Acheampong;
Brought in from Torquay and started first few games but since then, nothing more than 5 min cameos, so don't really know what to make of the lad. Feel a bit sorry for him actually, Kinnear obviously had second thoughts about him but can't see him staying one way or the other (Get rid)
Tyronne Marsh;
Came in at Xmas on an 18 month deal, but hasn't been able to dislodge others who have been playing too well, but am sure we will see a lot more of him next season as he has looked very lively indeed when he has come on (Keep)
Stefan Payne; Like Ragget and Deverdics, another who has not signed for next year which whilst a worry, is no surprise as I think he is a free agent (might possibly be a compensation fee if he leaves) Had another really great season which will surely have had bigger clubs looking at him and that is the genuine concern. Pacey, strong and tenacious, a great finisher, and only flaw is that he probably plays for himself a bit too much at times, but anyone who scores 20 goals especially when played out wide, is a huge asset to any team, and the Dover faithful would be gutted he left for pastures new (Most definitely keep)
Ricky Miller;
Signed him in the summer on 2 year deal when after being charged with assault Luton surprisingly let him go, and he's been superb. Playing up front on his own (as a back to goal 5' 9" target man!). Centre halves hammer him every game, they double up on him but as he doesn't know how to give less than 100% and his work rate is astonishing he can at times almost occupy a back four on his own, and if teams let him turn they know they are in trouble. The worry now is a team coming in and paying a fee for him which many fear will happen (Most definitely keep)
Harry Crawford; I have no idea why we signed the lad really, and as he has featured so little don't even know if he is any good (Get rid)

rudebwoyben

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
I agree with Lewhites in as much as, if by some stroke of good fortune or inspiration we go into the FL then the club might have to have a serious rethink on who they retain and who they let go.

KEEPERS:
Happy to keep both Walker & Rafferty though if we do go up and as in my eyes the keeper is the most important position on the pitch, I do think we may need to get in one with league experience. At the moment Walker has the shirt and is playing really well.

DEFENDERS/MIDFIELD
Richard Orlu;
Just signed a new contract, but not for me, can't knock the effort he puts in, but is that enough? Positionally he is all over the place, master of the boot it as high and as long as you can art, and has this annoying habit of heading it sideways, the fear is if we do go up he may really get found out get (get rid)
Sean Raggett;
Best CH by some way, England C International, and apart from an indifferent period around New yeear has been quite superb. He's only young and would love to see him stay, but he's not one of the players who as yet have re-signed and am worry a bigger club may come in and get him as Posh were apparently going to do inn the transfer Window. Distribution not brilliant, but in three battles against Rhead and Parkin has pretty much had them in his pocket, that's how strong the lad is (Most definitely keep)
Jamie Grimes:
Jury is out, started the season really well, so strong, so committed but then got injured and has struggled a bit since, and that included getting back into a largely winning team, but don't think we have seen the best of him (Keep)
Jack Parkinson:
Would I keep, if we are in this league next year yes, if we got promoted probably no, lack of pace is a concern, and though has played well back end of year, and is too inconsistent and prone to making quite a few mistakes (Not sure)
Sam Magri:
Signed a new contract and has had a brilliant year. Strong, superb at one on one defending and though he has had some stinkers over the season he has been superb and all fans will be delighted to see him committ for next year, and at 20 can only get better (Most definitely keep)
Tyronne Stirling:
Very reliable and decent footballing brain, and am convinced he would be a better defender if he was allowed to play football rather than (like Orlu) being under orders to smash it into orbit at every opportunity especially as a lot of the time like Orlus headers they go straight into touch, but love his attitude (Keep)
Aswad Thomas:
Think he has signed for next year, and though he's got pace in abundance, pushes up well he does unfortunately get caught ball watching, and on so many occasions just doesn't seem to know what is going on around him, and as a defender has to cut that out of his game (Keep)
Connor Essam;
On loan from Orient, so one assumes has a two year deal, if they release him from contract at the end of the year, then I would like to think we would definitely be fist in line to have him back full time (Keep)
Craig Braham-Barret:
I think he has been superb since he joined us on loan a couple of months ago. Defensively strong but pushes up to great affect, done really well, and even if Thomas as fit, I doubt if he would displace him with the form he has shown (Keep)

MIDFIELD

Tom Murphy; So frustrating, can be really good, but equally can be awful. Can't knock his endeavour but am sorry not for me (Get rid)
Chris Kinnear(JNR);
If we don't go up, which still remains a dream would be tempted to keep him as a squad player as he always gives his all, but is that enough? Cant be easy either playing for your Dad. (Keep just)
Liam Bellamy;
As above, but doubtful if could he perform consistently any higher, can't knock his commitment or endeavour but probably no more than a decent squad player though. (Keep)
Nick Deverdics:
Was good last year, and has been better this year, and am also convinced if we played through rather than over the midfield he would be even better, even more influential and even more important to the team. Leads the league in the assist stats and most certainly can deliver a lovely dead ball, but has so much more than to his games, and though half his goals have been from the spot, still has a had a great return in hitting the net. One of three or four players though I fear may leave for pastures new in the summer more likely if we don't go up and more particularly as he will be available without a fee. Great season though and must be up there for Dovers player of the year (Most certainly keep)

FORWARDS

Duane Ofori-Acheampong;
Brought in from Torquay and started first few games but since then, nothing more than 5 min cameos, so don't really know what to make of the lad. Feel a bit sorry for him actually, Kinnear obviously had second thoughts about him but can't see him staying one way or the other (Get rid)
Tyronne Marsh;
Came in at Xmas on an 18 month deal, but hasn't been able to dislodge others who have been playing too well, but am sure we will see a lot more of him next season as he has looked very lively indeed when he has come on (Keep)
Stefan Payne;
Like Ragget and Deverdics, another who has not signed for next year which whilst a worry, is no surprise as I think he is a free agent (might possibly be a compensation fee if he leaves) Had another really great season which will surely have had bigger clubs looking at him and that is the genuine concern. Pacey, strong and tenacious, a great finisher, and only flaw is that he probably plays for himself a bit too much at times, but anyone who scores 20 goals especially when played out wide, is a huge asset to any team, and the Dover faithful would be gutted he left for pastures new (Most definitely keep)
Ricky Miller;
Signed him in the summer on 2 year deal when after being charged with assault Luton surprisingly let him go, and he's been superb. Playing up front on his own (as a back to goal 5' 9" target man!). Centre halves hammer him every game, they double up on him but as he doesn't know how to give less than 100% and his work rate is astonishing he can at times almost occupy a back four on his own, and if teams let him turn they know they are in trouble. The worry now is a team coming in and paying a fee for him which many fear will happen (Most definitely keep)
Harry Crawford;
I have no idea why we signed the lad really, and as he has featured so little don't even know if he is any good (Get rid)

What about Ricky Modeste??

LeWhites

Reaction score
Supports
Dover Athletic
What about Ricky Modeste??

Surely goes without saying that he's a keeper. If we did manage to go up, we all know that the first few games of the season we'll start with Bellamy, Orlu and probably CKJ, because that's the kind of manager Kinnear is. We'll then realise with a few days to go before the transfer window closes that our squad is nowhere near good enough for the league and draft in some new faces. Got to remember that a lot of this squad were with us in the Conference South and played even lower before signing for us.

I do feel that League 2 is a bridge too far for a few players we have, but I'd love to be proven wrong and see Richard Orlu tearing up the Football League.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Contracted until 2017:
Neil Ashton - but try to GET RID
Andy Haworth - KEEP
David Mellor - try to GET RID
Ashley Grimes - try to GET RID

Goalkeepers
Joel Dixon - KEEP
Danny Eccles - young local lad KEEP

Defence
Simon Grand - UNDECIDED
Niall Cowperthwaite - can play anywhere and runs all day KEEP
Danny Livesey - KEEP
Steve Williams - okay as back-up KEEP
Brad Carroll - local teenager KEEP
Ritchie Sutton (on loan) - Talk to Tranmere and KEEP
Nick Wilmer Anderton (on loan) - At end of contract with Preston - try to KEEP

Midfield
Paddy Lacey - UNDECIDED
Dan Pilkington - too injury prone GET RID
Alex-Ray Harvey - KEEP
Alex Newby - local youngster KEEP
Mamadou Fofana - GET RID
Elliott Newby - local youngster KEEP (scored our goal at Grimsby)
Dave Symington - ALREADY GONE
Andy Parry - KEEP
Jordan Williams - will be in Premier League or Championship inside 3 or 4 years ALREADY SIGNED EXTENSION - KEEP

Forwards
Andy Cook - class KEEP
Ben Tomlinson (on loan) - likely to be released by Barnet KEEP
Jason Walker - will probably KEEP - I think the owner will want him kept for non playing reasons anyway.....

11 KEEPS + 3 YOUNG LOCALS TO KEEP (WILL PROBABLY GO OUT ON LOAN) + 3 LOANEES TO KEEP IF POSSIBLE

If we can get SUTTON, NWA and keep LIVESEY and add 1 decent Centre half (Astles?) we will have a very solid defence.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Contracted until 2017:
Neil Ashton - but try to GET RID
Andy Haworth - KEEP
David Mellor - try to GET RID
Ashley Grimes - try to GET RID

Goalkeepers
Joel Dixon - KEEP
Danny Eccles - young local lad KEEP

Defence
Simon Grand - UNDECIDED
Niall Cowperthwaite - can play anywhere and runs all day KEEP
Danny Livesey - KEEP
Steve Williams - okay as back-up KEEP
Brad Carroll - local teenager KEEP
Ritchie Sutton (on loan) - Talk to Tranmere and KEEP
Nick Wilmer Anderton (on loan) - At end of contract with Preston - try to KEEP

Midfield
Paddy Lacey - UNDECIDED
Dan Pilkington - too injury prone GET RID
Alex-Ray Harvey - KEEP
Alex Newby - local youngster KEEP
Mamadou Fofana - GET RID
Elliott Newby - local youngster KEEP (scored our goal at Grimsby)
Dave Symington - ALREADY GONE
Andy Parry - KEEP
Jordan Williams - will be in Premier League or Championship inside 3 or 4 years ALREADY SIGNED EXTENSION - KEEP

Forwards
Andy Cook - class KEEP
Ben Tomlinson (on loan) - likely to be released by Barnet KEEP
Jason Walker - will probably KEEP - I think the owner will want him kept for non playing reasons anyway.....

11 KEEPS + 3 YOUNG LOCALS TO KEEP (WILL PROBABLY GO OUT ON LOAN) + 3 LOANEES TO KEEP IF POSSIBLE

If we can get SUTTON, NWA and keep LIVESEY and add 1 decent Centre half (Astles?) we will have a very solid defence.

Agree with most of that, but I'd ditch Lacey (a relegation scrapper at best), and Grand and Walker will be another year past their best - simply not up to a play-off push IMO.
I'm really excited by the prospect of a happy and confident Haworth being given an extended run in the side next season. One of the best wingers in this league when he's in the right frame of mind.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Agree with most of that, but I'd ditch Lacey (a relegation scrapper at best), and Grand and Walker will be another year past their best - simply not up to a play-off push IMO.
I'm really excited by the prospect of a happy and confident Haworth being given an extended run in the side next season. One of the best wingers in this league when he's in the right frame of mind.
yeah Howarth has surprised me in the last 2 months, maybe we could get Rutherford back in place of Pilkington - he seems to have been Southports best player this season according to their forum

stupot

Reaction score
Supports
groundhopper
How did I forget Modeste?

Love his attitude, and behind Miller is probably the hardest worker in the team, I love his talent, decent control, and gets in loads of decent crosses, only drawback is that he should score more than he does. Signed for next year already as well (Definitely keep)

rudebwoyben

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
How did I forget Modeste?

Love his attitude, and behind Miller is probably the hardest worker in the team, I love his talent, decent control, and gets in loads of decent crosses, only drawback is that he should score more than he does. Signed for next year already as well (Definitely keep)
If Dover do end up in League, we'll probably form a guard of honour for Modeste when Dover come to the Hive!

Sparrow

Reaction score
Supports
Woking FC
'ere goes my two penneth worth.

The following is providing we:
1. Don't liquidate in the summer
2. Keep Garry Hill and Steve Thompson
3. Don't have a relegation budget

Whether 2 occurs will be a result of 3. And I imagine both can happen as long as 1 doesn't happen.

Goalkeepers:
Jake Cole: Keep. Class. 2nd place Player of the Season.
Nick Hamann: Undecided. I haven't seen enough of him and there might be a cheaper 2nd choice out there.

Defenders:
Chris Arthur: Keep. Plays well when the team plays well. If it means we can afford Rendell then so be it.
Jake Caprice: Keep. Decent going forward, question marks when defending. Not sure him and GH get along. Hopefully that can get sorted.
Brian Saah: Keep. Was good alongside Yakubu early in the season. Doesn't get injured much (now I've done it).
Ismail Yakubu: Keep. Class. Hopefully can sort his fitness over the summer.
Joey Jones: Keep. Good, at times. Never want to see a repeat of his Welling away performance again.

Midfielders:
Mark Ricketts: Keep. Mark Ricketts Is God.
John Goddard: Keep. But we won't. Will be playing in the Football League next season.
Keiran Murtagh: Keep. Was our best player for the opening couples of months or so before he got injured.
Bruno Andrade: Keep. There's potential there. Showed a few times that he can be unplayable. Needs to find consistency.
Alex Smith: Undecided. Haven't seen enough. Will be cheap so might be worth having around if we don't find anything better in pre-season.
Godfrey Poku: Get rid. Doesn't seem to be high in GH's pecking order. Has had some good games when played.

Strikers:
Scott Rendell: Keep. Like Yakubu, needs to get fit over the summer.
Giuseppe Sole: Keep. Good striker to have off the bench. Understand he only trains once a week due to work so GH might get rid in that case.

Loan players:
Cameron Norman: Keep. Would like to see him back. Will have learnt a lot since he's been here.
Matt Robinson: Keep. Solid, hardworking. The sort of type we could sign permanently from Luton. Wouldn't be a bad replacement for Poku.
Daniel Carr: Get rid. Doesn't do enough, for me, up front. Difficult playing the lone striker but we can do better.
Joe Quigley: Get rid. Was decent alongside Holman but became uninterested when he left. Hasn't been in the squad for a while, probably already gone.
Matt Butcher: Keep. Tidy in possession. Has had some better games in the last month.

Board: Get rid. Fresh ideas and ambition needed.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green

Whether 2 occurs will be a result of 3. And I imagine both can happen as long as 1 doesn't happen.

Goalkeepers:
Nick Hamann: Undecided. I haven't seen enough of him and there might be a cheaper 2nd choice out there.

Defenders:
Chris Arthur: Keep. Plays well when the team plays well. If it means we can afford Rendell then so be it.
Jake Caprice: Keep. Decent going forward, question marks when defending. Not sure him and GH get along. Hopefully that can get sorted.
Brian Saah: Keep. Was good alongside Yakubu early in the season. Doesn't get injured much (now I've done it).
Joey Jones: Keep. Good, at times. Never want to see a repeat of his Welling away performance again.

Midfielders:
John Goddard: Keep. But we won't. Will be playing in the Football League next season.
Keiran Murtagh: Keep. Was our best player for the opening couples of months or so before he got injured.
Bruno Andrade: Keep. There's potential there. Showed a few times that he can be unplayable. Needs to find consistency.
Alex Smith: Undecided. Haven't seen enough. Will be cheap so might be worth having around if we don't find anything better in pre-season.
Godfrey Poku: Get rid. Doesn't seem to be high in GH's pecking order. Has had some good games when played.

Strikers:
Giuseppe Sole: Keep. Good striker to have off the bench. Understand he only trains once a week due to work so GH might get rid in that case.

Loan players:
Cameron Norman: Keep. Would like to see him back. Will have learnt a lot since he's been here.
Matt Robinson: Keep. Solid, hardworking. The sort of type we could sign permanently from Luton. Wouldn't be a bad replacement for Poku.
Daniel Carr: Get rid. Doesn't do enough, for me, up front. Difficult playing the lone striker but we can do better.
Joe Quigley: Get rid. Was decent alongside Holman but became uninterested when he left. Hasn't been in the squad for a while, probably already gone.
Matt Butcher: Keep. Tidy in possession. Has had some better games in the last month.

We have a habit of going after players who play well against us, due to our "extensive" scouting network made up of some ex Gillingham bloke based in Chatham in Kent. So wouldn't be surprised to see us go after Murtagh and Andrade.

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
You also have a habit of buying overpriced shit. Which is why you'll still be here next season despite the millions thrown at it that originate in the form of taxpayers subsidies paid to prop up Swampy's pointless eco-business. :£

Last edited:

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
You also have a habit of buying overpriced shit. Which is why you'll still be here next season despite the millions thrown at it that originate in the form of taxpayers subsidies paid to prop up Swampy's pointless eco-business. :£

You are helping pay Jon Parkin's wages. Cheers. :2thumb:

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
You're welcome. I'm happy to do so if it means the useless tub of lard is occupying a place in your side that could be more effectively taken up by a statue of Mr Blobby. In his underpants.:ds:

SamScfc

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport
Twitter
@samcharnock94
Smalley has outperformed all our other defenders since Gannon came in and he will stay - the experienced three of O'Hanlon, Connolly and Roberts will all go as will pretty much everybody else out of contract I reckon - perhaps Morton and Ellison will stay if they are prepared to take squad roles.

Heard lots of interesting names in terms of targeted/signed players on Saturday, really looking forward to the summer and seeing what comes to fruition.

Any names you can share?

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:

Midfielders:

Strikers:

Loan players:

So you'd keep pretty much the same squad that has been somewhere around relegation standard for most of the last six months? That'll do for the rest of us, ta.

Sparrow

Reaction score
Supports
Woking FC
So you'd keep pretty much the same squad that has been somewhere around relegation standard for most of the last six months? That'll do for the rest of us, ta.

You must not have heard that Scott Rendell and Ismail Yakubu got injured within the first seven games. Both our highest earners and best players. We've done unbelievably well this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!