The days banker (Cambridge vs Barnet)

Urban

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Derry will save his job on Boxing Day with an awe-inspiring victory at the hands of a truly pathetic Barnet team. Bin off McGhee before him and his shit decisions dont just get us relegated (which is a cert anyway) but end our club entirely. I've never known our support more fractious.

I can't wait to see the kind of abuse McGhee will get thrown his way, the arrogant prick.

Wish I could say we weren't warned about him...

Smurf

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
I dont think you celebrating Cambridges impending victory is suitable.

Please refrain.

Habbinalan

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United (and reminisces about Barrow AFC)
Twitter
@habbinalan
Not sure this deserves a thread but whatever happens today will have little effect on what Jez George and Shuan Derry are up come the 12th day of Christmas. We're more than capable of screwing it up so think of ways to make a comfortable home win banker go pear shaped and lay your bets.

How about 2 sending offs and 2 pens to provide some distraction from the Bees' inevitable journey back to their non-league promotion contender comfort zone?

I've never much enjoyed Xmas or New Year holiday games at the Abbey and frequently found ways to give them a miss. I think today will be my first since we got back in the League and I have no expectation of a happy outcome................................but we all live in hope.

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
An extremely boring and dull 1 nil win for Bromley at home to Torquay. Can see why Torquay are down there as they offered nothing in the final third. As for Bromley, they won't go down but there's absolutely no chance they'll make the play offs under Shaun Derry.

Seriously though, you can quite easily come across much more entertaining fare down in the Connie South.

huddsmoose

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
I thought we were bad but Barnet were next level terrible. I do thank them though; their centre backs provided the only entertainment today - we were running a sweepstake on the direction of the next shanked clearance.

#Beebot

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet, Maidenhead
McGhee is completely devoid of any understanding of basic football tactics.

Completely detached from reality in every respect.

In 15 years of supporting the club I've never been more scared about what comes next. An MM led transfer window could be the death of this football club.

I have never wanted any individual out of our club more.

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Derry will save his job on Boxing Day with an awe-inspiring victory at the hands of a truly pathetic Barnet team. Bin off McGhee before him and his shit decisions dont just get us relegated (which is a cert anyway) but end our club entirely. I've never known our support more fractious.

I can't wait to see the kind of abuse McGhee will get thrown his way, the arrogant prick.

Wish I could say we weren't warned about him...

I don't think its very nice calling people arrogant pricks. Very distasteful and unbecoming of a fan such as yourself who does not celebrate others misfortune. I am sure he is trying his best and is unfortunately just falling short.

Like Brad Collins

Urban

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
I don't think its very nice calling people arrogant pricks. Very distasteful and unbecoming of a fan such as yourself who does not celebrate others misfortune. I am sure he is trying his best and is unfortunately just falling short.

Like Brad Collins

Why are you taking the piss when you can see the club is at a really low ebb?

Urban

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
We were awful as expected today. McGhee is an absolute joke. Blackman is one of the worst LB's I've ever seen at this level (bring back Muggleton!) and the team as a whole look like the just can't be arsed.

Would encourage everyone to lump on us being relegated.

#Beebot

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet, Maidenhead

Like Brad Collins
I don't know whether you are taking the piss or not but I have never known one of our managers to be so universally despised by our fans. Everything he has said and done since he arrived points towards him being an awful, incompetent man with no understanding of the basics of the game.

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Why are you taking the piss when you can see the club is at a really low ebb?

A scurrilous accusation Urban, I don't take the approach of celebrating misfortune following your spirited argument on our match thread last weekend.

I am sympathising with Mr McGhee who unfortunately finds himself deeply out of his depth, to the unfortunate consequence of upstanding Barnet fans such as yourself.

Urban

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
A scurrilous accusation Urban, I don't take the approach of celebrating misfortune following your spirited argument on our match thread last weekend.

I am sympathising with Mr McGhee who unfortunately finds himself deeply out of his depth, to the unfortunate consequence of upstanding Barnet fans such as yourself.

It's a real bad attempt at trolling. Why are you trying so hard? Our entire club is in crisis (well pretty much) and you're here taking the piss about it. You know exactly what that's like, having dealt with he points deduction, relegation, and years being unlucky in non-league. Is there a need for it?

Urban

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Dont attack the poster and not the post

Here you go:

It's a real bad attempt at trolling. Why are you trying so hard? Our entire club is in crisis (well pretty much) and you're here taking the piss about it. You know exactly what that's like, having dealt with he points deduction, relegation, and years being unlucky in non-league. Is there a need for it?

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Here you go:

In all seriousness, do you think you could get yourselves out of it by appointing a “proper manager”?

As I understand it the previous guy was a decent coach but perhaps not manager material and then there’s McGhee whose a bit of a "has been". Doesn’t seem like you’ve given yourselves a fair chance this season through some poor managerial choices.

Also thought you had a bit of money about being generated from the Hive and you paid some money for some players in the not too distant past, like Santos who has looked a bit of a beast when we have come up against him? What’s happened with all that to the extent your find yourselves where you are? Is investment in January an option?

#Beebot

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet, Maidenhead
In all seriousness, do you think you could get yourselves out of it by appointing a “proper manager”?

As I understand it the previous guy was a decent coach but perhaps not manager material and then there’s McGhee whose a bit of a "has been". Doesn’t seem like you’ve given yourselves a fair chance this season through some poor managerial choices.

Also thought you had a bit of money about being generated from the Hive and you paid some money for some players in the not too distant past, like Santos who has looked a bit of a beast when we have come up against him? What’s happened with all that to the extent your find yourselves where you are?
Ravaged by injuries that made things very difficult for Eames. He was too naive to adapt his tactics and when he did his tactics became desperate rather than astute.

McGhee was appointed as soon as Akinde became fit. Despite having a stronger squad available we now look worse than at any point under Eames.

The tactics and starting XI are nonsensical, with decent players like Vilhete and Tutonda ostracised in favour of NL South players like Blackman and Watson, and MM's post-match interviews are totally detached from reality, repeatedly blaming Akinde for not scoring goals despite the fact that he's receiving no decent service and is being deployed as a target man when he's never been that type of player.

Today he blamed Akinde and our young playmaker Taylor for not creating enough chances, as part of his mission to ostracise anyone in the squad who can perform at this level. As always his favourites Watson and Blackman escaped without criticism.

He's now talking about bringing in more strikers in the transfer window, totally ignorant of how light we are in midfield. I can't begin to imagine what he might do to us if given a transfer window.

TK's decision making over the past 12 months has been dreadful, but we have the tools to be competitive in this division.

McGhee is an extremely destructive force and needs to go immediately.

Urban

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet

Also thought you had a bit of money about being generated from the Hive and you paid some money for some players in the not too distant past, like Santos who has looked a bit of a beast when we have come up against him? What’s happened with all that to the extent your find yourselves where you are? Is investment in January an option?

I don't even know mate. But we've gone through enough delegations and awful managers in the past and none, absolutely, come anywhere close to the level of hate from supporters. He's completely split the club. And that's in what, 5/6 games? Imagine what he'll be like with a transfer window and 5 more matches.

We got a bit of money from Eastleigh with Allen leaving which we spent, but that's about it. The Hive makes a bit of money but not all that much (our accounts aren't healthy). This season we've just had a grim time with injuries that coincided with a promising, but young and naive, manager and then a completely wrong appointment to replace him.

I fear for our club. Relegation wouldn't be great, but I have a horrible feeling that there's much worse round the corner.

TommoCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Surprised by just how crap Barnet were. They battered us at The Hive in September, and were the best side I've seen this season, and if it wasn't for a David Forde masterclass that day it really could've been more embarrassing than when Luton put seven past us.

But today they were really rubbish. They played a pretty huge part in the lowest quality half of football I've seen since we returned to the league. Second half we upped our game for about ten minutes and it was enough, but yet again we're relying on something special from Jevani to paper over the cracks. Both managers should receive p45s. I think Barnet will probably be okay if they can keep Akinde as they've got some reasonable talent going forward, but they need to sign some capable league two defenders, because the ones they've got are not up to it based on today's evidence

#Beebot

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet, Maidenhead
Surprised by just how crap Barnet were. They battered us at The Hive in September, and were the best side I've seen this season, and if it wasn't for a David Forde masterclass that day it really could've been more embarrassing than when Luton put seven past us.

But today they were really rubbish. They played a pretty huge part in the lowest quality half of football I've seen since we returned to the league. Second half we upped our game for about ten minutes and it was enough, but yet again we're relying on something special from Jevani to paper over the cracks. Both managers should receive p45s. I think Barnet will probably be okay if they can keep Akinde as they've got some reasonable talent going forward, but they need to sign some capable league two defenders, because the ones they've got are not up to it based on today's evidence
We beat you with a weaker squad than the one available today.

That tells us just what a poor manager McGhee is. Utterly awful.

rudebwoyben

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Barnet

That there is such a difference in our two performances against Cambridge Utd is down to McGhee. Rossi has fewer players to select from for the first match as well.

Bee sting

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Having supported Barnet for 50 years, nothing surprises me anymore. They were Non-League when I was born and started following them, and they will be Non -League when I die. Apart from a couple of play-offs, we have always struggled in the FL. The football has always been dire and we have never seemed capable of competing at this level. TK must shoulder all the blame. Taking over the club 20 years ago, he has managed to get through 31 managers(some more than once). He always wanted a bigger and better Stadium with bigger income resources and promised once in place it will be all out for promotion. Well, 5 years after moving to the Hive, all we have had is price increases, worse football and ever decreasing crowds as fans are so disillusioned they are giving up memberships in droves. The club has no structure, no aim and no drive. There is no Supporters Club(because TK doesen't like them) The club is a shambles on the pitch(not the players fault) and off it. Next season we will be back in Non-League where we rightfully belong. How long this time we will be there is anyones guess, but until the club is run properly by a proper Chairman with a proper vision we will still be there until the end of my days. P.S. Urban, you will probably read this and totally disagree, but I presume you have only been following since the FL days, so can you honestly say you have enjoyed the lot, or only the seasons following relegation.

rudebwoyben

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
It’s pretty clear that the club does have a target that they have set out to achieve. The successful implementation of it is a different matter.

Urban

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Having supported Barnet for 50 years, nothing surprises me anymore. They were Non-League when I was born and started following them, and they will be Non -League when I die. Apart from a couple of play-offs, we have always struggled in the FL. The football has always been dire and we have never seemed capable of competing at this level. TK must shoulder all the blame. Taking over the club 20 years ago, he has managed to get through 31 managers(some more than once). He always wanted a bigger and better Stadium with bigger income resources and promised once in place it will be all out for promotion. Well, 5 years after moving to the Hive, all we have had is price increases, worse football and ever decreasing crowds as fans are so disillusioned they are giving up memberships in droves. The club has no structure, no aim and no drive. There is no Supporters Club(because TK doesen't like them) The club is a shambles on the pitch(not the players fault) and off it. Next season we will be back in Non-League where we rightfully belong. How long this time we will be there is anyones guess, but until the club is run properly by a proper Chairman with a proper vision we will still be there until the end of my days. P.S. Urban, you will probably read this and totally disagree, but I presume you have only been following since the FL days, so can you honestly say you have enjoyed the lot, or only the seasons following relegation.

Why do you think I'd totally disagree with that? Why do you presume I've only followed Barnet since the FL days? (FWIW my first memory was sitting in the temporary South Stand watching the 7-0 win vs Blackpool... 17 years a supporter). If you want to turn that into some kind of negative then that's up to you.

I think (and know) TK has a lot to answer for. Everyone I've spoken to who has worked closely with him essentially calls him a dick. He's a real bastard to work under with all the social skills and empathy of a rock. HOWEVER my argument has always been that we could do a lot worse - teams much bigger and uglier than us have been undone completely by megalomaniacal/criminal/absent chairmen.

I do think the fanbase as a whole have quite a bit to answer for. The whole 'not attending the a Hive but will go away' trend is stupid and inevitably hypocritical when those same people complain of the atmosphere at the Hive being dead (how's about turning up and fixing that issue then, you idiots), and the less said about the mindset of the fanbase as a whole the better. Has any other teams fans been so quick to resort to boos and abuse at players than Barnets?

TK is flawed. The club is flawed. The fans are flawed. The football is flawed. We're a fucking mess. But a big first step to dealing with it is getting of the McGhee virus we're suffering from and appointing a half decent replacement. With semi-decent football a lot of the other problems will be resolved.

Bee sting

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Urban, no negativity or dig intended. My point being that having watched Barnet from the late 60's the majority was Non-League and far more enjoyable. As you said, you started watching Barnet when already in the League and for most of your 17 years watching, you must admit it has been mostly a struggle and dull and boring. During your time, we have been relegated back to Non-League where we have been quite successful with promotions. So as I said before, I think Barnet are more suited to Non League until a proper structure is put in place, and in my opinion TK is not the man to do this. The Hive has grown(and is still growing) to a point where I believe it is too big for one man to control. With further big projects in the pipeline the Team seem to be a thing that TK has little interest in, as that loses money compared to everything else that makes TK money.

Urban

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Urban, no negativity or dig intended. My point being that having watched Barnet from the late 60's the majority was Non-League and far more enjoyable. As you said, you started watching Barnet when already in the League and for most of your 17 years watching, you must admit it has been mostly a struggle and dull and boring. During your time, we have been relegated back to Non-League where we have been quite successful with promotions. So as I said before, I think Barnet are more suited to Non League until a proper structure is put in place, and in my opinion TK is not the man to do this. The Hive has grown(and is still growing) to a point where I believe it is too big for one man to control. With further big projects in the pipeline the Team seem to be a thing that TK has little interest in, as that loses money compared to everything else that makes TK money.

For me personally I can't say it's been dull or boring. But that's because I've always gone to the football with my Dad, so it's always been our 'thing'. I wouldn't stop going due to poor performances or relegation etc.

I'd argue that in the Hive and the academy set up, facilities etc we have a great structure. It's just the actual running of it that's finally starting to show it's cracks and flaws.

rudebwoyben

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
I think there’s some rose/tinted viewing of the past on show here. I can’t believe that our season in the Southern League Midlands Division or the early years in the Alliance Premier League were better than this.

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
I think there’s some rose/tinted viewing of the past on show here. I can’t believe that our season in the Southern League Midlands Division or the early years in the Alliance Premier League were better than this.

Hold on a sec, what's this about a Midlands division in the Southern League? Looks like I'm going to rely once again on my good friend Mr Google ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!