Squads so far ???

Reaper

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham

They have some decent players at this level like Maguire, Lundstram, Hemmings, Ledson and Hall and they've not changed their team very much yet so they'll be recruiting on top of those i should imagine.

They beat us in the Fa Cup last season which wasn't that difficult tbh because we we're in turmoil but i saw worse championship sides than Oxford last season.

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
The way i see it is that we have a top 4 squad in this league after Wigan, Blackburn and similar to Oxford but we have a manager who's still a novice so i reckon mid table for us unless Warne gets sack early doors and Steve Evans comes back then it's guaranteed promotion.

I think Oxford and Wigan top 2 so far unless someone else recruits very well soon. I don't rate Tony Mowbray so i think Blackburn will finish below par as well.
I'd be disappointed to end below Rotherham and Oxford, anything below top 6 for us will be failure this season and I can't see anything other than mid table for either of them.

So far I have my top 6 as:

Wigan
Blackburn

Scunthorpe
Bradford
Portsmouth
Charlton

But obviously it can all change, I think Fleetwood will be up there again as well. I think Rotherham fans are overestimating their squad, an inexperienced manager having to turn around a squad so used to losing will find it difficult.

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
ve6kq8.png

Is it me or does he have the exact face you'd expect from a guy who spends his time wanking over Rotherhams squad? Fair play on persisting with the attempt of hair though, many men would have accepted they were going bald and shaved it off at that point.
:lol:

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Stop feeding the troll everybody.
He's not a troll mate, he's genuinely that thick. Don't worry, he'll soon fuck off if they start the season badly anyway.

KeithH

Reaction score
Supports
1885 Bury
Stop lumping us with that shite
Actually you seem OK, some of the buggers I met leaving your ground 2 seasons ago however!!!
Gobbing off and punching a van in traffic then just looking as we walked past and steeping back to give us room, pathetic, sorry to lump you personally in with that.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
Actually you seem OK, some of the buggers I met leaving your ground 2 seasons ago however!!!
Gobbing off and punching a van in traffic then just looking as we walked past and steeping back to give us room, pathetic, sorry to lump you personally in with that.
Cheers, unfortunately we have our share of deluded wannabes like every other club.

KeithH

Reaction score
Supports
1885 Bury
Cheers, unfortunately we have our share of deluded wannabes like every other club.
It's OK mate, so do we.
I have most likely been unfairly tared with the ejits brush by many a fan who has suffered the dark side of our support.

Jockney

Reaction score
Supports
Fred Onyedinma
Oxford were by far and away the best team I saw last season. You get the feeling that with a couple of additions, at the back and up-front, they could easily go up next year. Their midfield is the best in the division IMO.

Hooped Wizard

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers
Goalkeeper
Ian Lawlor
Marko Marosi
Ross Etheridge (transfer listed/injured)

Defence
Matty Blair rb/rwb/rw
Niall Mason rb/lb/dm
Craig Alcock rb/ch
Danny Andrew lb/lwb
Tyler Garrett lb
Matthieu Baudry ch
Andy Butler ch
Joe Wright ch
Reece Fielding ch

Midfield
Luke McCullough dm/ch
Ben Whiteman cm
Tommy Rowe lm/cm
Jamie Coppinger rm/cm
Alfie Beestin cm
Harry Middleton (transfer listed)

Strikers
John Marquis
Andy Williams
Alex Kiwomya
Liam Mandeville
Alfie May
Will Longbottom

Average squad age 24.

Short of a centre half and central midfielder
Midfield looks shite bar Rowe.

No doubt Middleton will end up also been taken off the transfer list.

#fergieout

Hooped Wizard

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers
Get back to league 2 with your sub 5000 attendances.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
Glad you thought that was hilarious. Was the start of our winning run against you cos you simply can't beat us.

That celebration at NYS from Evans was fucking hilarious. Brilliant.

You mean Parkinson couldn't beat you.

That's true. We're a completely different set-up now.

We shall see.

Reaper

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham
You mean Parkinson couldn't beat you.

That's true. We're a completely different set-up now.

We shall see.

I wouldn't say your more stronger now than you were before the last time we played and Parkinson is a better manager than McCall as well tbh.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Ours still requires some work:

Dave Cornell (GK)

Brendan Moloney (RB)
Aaron Phillips (RB)
Regan Poole (CB)
Ash Taylor (CB)
Leon Barnett (CB)
Dave Buchanan (LB)
George Smith (LB)
Raheem Hanley (LB - transfer listed)

John Joe O'Toole (CDM)
Matty Taylor (CDM)
Yaser Kasim (CDM)
Sam Foley (CM)
Shaun McWilliams (CM-Youth)

Daniel Powell (AM)
Dean Bowditch (AM)
Sam Hoskins (AM/ST)
Billy Waters (AM/ST)

Marc Richards (ST)
Alex Revell (ST)
Leon Lobjoit (ST)
Joe Iaciofano (ST - youth)

Still need a first choice keeper and another centre half. Edingburgh also wants another midfielder and striker, can certainly see one of Richards or Revell leaving before the window closes.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
I wouldn't say your more stronger now than you were before the last time we played and Parkinson is a better manager than McCall as well tbh.

Of course we are.

What is it with Rotherham fans and this high and mighty stance? It's fucking tedious. Your squad is bang average, and you'll be nowhere near the play-offs with Ball and fucking Proctor upfront. Your defence is shite, and your midfield is average.

Tinpot nothing club :D

Reaper

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham
Of course we are.

What is it with Rotherham fans and this high and mighty stance? It's fucking tedious. Your squad is bang average, and you'll be nowhere near the play-offs with Ball and fucking Proctor upfront. Your defence is shite, and your midfield is average.

Tinpot nothing club :D

How the fuck are you stronger now than you was before when you had the likes of Wells, Meredith and Hanson ect who would walk straight back into your team so your rather deluded or just a plain idiot.

As for our squad been bang average and finishing nowhere near the playoffs then we'll come back to this post at the end of the season and we'll see what a fool you are.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
How the fuck are you stronger now than you was before when you had the likes of Wells, Meredith and Hanson ect who would walk straight back into your team so your rather deluded or just a plain idiot.

As for our squad been bang average and finishing nowhere near the playoffs then we'll come back to this post at the end of the season and we'll see what a fool you are.

Fuck me, Wells left years ago - we have played you since, I believe? Or do you wanna go back even further, and compare our squads when we had Windass and Jermaine Johnson in our side? Where do you draw the line?

Hanson's fucking pants, an'all.

Truth is, Parkinson struggled against Evans. Neither manager is at their respected club any longer, so as far as I'm concerned, this miff regarding any potential bogey team is a load of nonsense.

You got relegated with a load of shite, and you haven't recruited well enough. The likes of Wigan and Blackburn have far superior squads to Rotherham.

Would you rather;

James Hanson or Charlie Wyke
Billy Clarke or Shay McCarten
Nathan Doyle or Romain Vincelot
Stephen Darby or Tony McMahon
James Meredith or Adam Chicksen

There's only Meredith that I'd prefer to their direct replacement!

It's clear that your short-term Championship status went straight to your head. Your no big fish down here, mucka - one of the smallest.

Lance Stoe

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe
I think we need a keeper to replace Luke Daniels.

2 x central midfielders
1 x winger
1 x striker
1 x left back

That will give us the squad depth needed to mount another challenge. Hoping for Crooks and Waghorn.

Reaper

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham
Fuck me, Wells left years ago - we have played you since, I believe? Or do you wanna go back even further, and compare our squads when we had Windass and Jermaine Johnson in our side? Where do you draw the line?

Hanson's fucking pants, an'all.

Truth is, Parkinson struggled against Evans. Neither manager is at their respected club any longer, so as far as I'm concerned, this miff regarding any potential bogey team is a load of nonsense.

You got relegated with a load of shite, and you haven't recruited well enough. The likes of Wigan and Blackburn have far superior squads to Rotherham.

Would you rather;

James Hanson or Charlie Wyke
Billy Clarke or Shay McCarten
Nathan Doyle or Romain Vincelot
Stephen Darby or Tony McMahon
James Meredith or Adam Chicksen

There's only Meredith that I'd prefer to their direct replacement!

It's clear that your short-term Championship status went straight to your head. Your no big fish down here, mucka - one of the smallest.

Wells left the season we last played each other, Jon Stead was up front the last time we played on that drab 0-0 match on sky who is a half decent striker at that time.

Vincelot is better than Doyle but i'd say thats about it really, others are close and not much between em really.

Don't know why you keep banging on about us making out we're a big fish when nobody or i has said we are in this league but i do believe we have a top 5 squad already without spending the 800k we have to spend on 1 or 2 players. People don't realize that we have been planning for league 1 since January so we've made signings for this league last season with the likes of O'Donnell and Ajayi who will be top players for this league on top of the likes of Frecklington, Newell, Taylor and Forde who have already done well at this level.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
Wells left the season we last played each other, Jon Stead was up front the last time we played on that drab 0-0 match on sky who is a half decent striker at that time.

Vincelot is better than Doyle but i'd say thats about it really, others are close and not much between em really.

Don't know why you keep banging on about us making out we're a big fish when nobody or i has said we are in this league but i do believe we have a top 5 squad already without spending the 800k we have to spend on 1 or 2 players. People don't realize that we have been planning for league 1 since January so we've made signings for this league last season with the likes of O'Donnell and Ajayi who will be top players for this league on top of the likes of Frecklington, Newell, Taylor and Forde who have already done well at this level.

Jon Stead was bang average. Wyke is probably the best striker we've had since Wells.

Take a look at the starting line-up the last time we met;

Jon McLaughlan -

Decent shot stopper, but I believe we released him.

Stephen Darby -

He's just been released, as McMahon kept him out of the side last year.

Rory McArdle -

New contract offered, but he moved to Scunthorpe. Wanted a 3 year deal, rather than the two that we offered.

Andrew Davies -

Injury prone, but a good CB at this level.

Adam Drury -

Utter shite.

Matty Dolan -

Utter shite.

Nathan Doyle -

Out of his depth, as things transpired.

Kyle Bennett -

L2 winger at best.

Gary Jones -

He was 38 year old.

Adam Reach -

Quality winger.

Jon Stead -

We brought him back in on-loan the following season, and he was average.

Sorry reaper, but that squad is poor in comparison to the current lot.

JoshBCFC

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City

Ajayi was horrific when we played you, didn't look a top player for League One. Your squad may be good, but you can't deny your "performance" last season won't exactly give the players confidence in themselves to come straight back up. Add to that you have a manager who's still quite inexperienced and I reckon you'll be a mid-table League One side for at least a season.

Reaper

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham
Ajayi was horrific when we played you, didn't look a top player for League One. Your squad may be good, but you can't deny your "performance" last season won't exactly give the players confidence in themselves to come straight back up. Add to that you have a manager who's still quite inexperienced and I reckon you'll be a mid-table League One side for at least a season.

First time i saw Ajayi play he looked woeful, might have been against your lot but ever since then he played absolute solid and looked a championship standard defender.

Agree on the manager part i think thats the only thing what might deny us a playoff place this season tbh because we have the players but im not sure on the management team.

Balls Of An Ox

Reaction score
Supports
WIMBLEDON
Get back to league 2 with your sub 5000 attendances.
That could apply to us! Especially with our particularly "thin" squad - I'm yet to be convinced that we've improved from what we had last year. Didn't even get to see them yesterday after our game at Eastleigh got called off a few hours before kick off! I only found out that this was the case after I got there!!

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
GOALKEEPERS:-
Dean Henderson (Loan from Man United)
Craig MacGillivray (Ex Walsall)
Jayson Leutwiler
Shaun Rowley
Callum Burton

DEFENDERS:-
(CB) Toto Nsiala
(CB/LB) Mat Sadler
(CB/LB) Zac Jules (Undisclosed fee from Reading)
(CB) Dom Smith
(CB/LB) Ryan McGivern)
(LB/LM) Junior Brown)
(RB) Joe Riley
(RB) Callum Roberts (1st year pro)
(LB) Ryan Sears (1st year pro)
(RB/CB) James Bolton (Undisclosed fee from Gateshead)

MIDFIELDERS:-
(CAM/RM/LM) Louis Dodds
(CM) Abu Ogogo
(RM) Shaun Whalley
(LM/RM) Alex Rodman
(CM) Bryn Morris
(CM) Jon Nolan (Undisclosed fee from Chesterfield)
(CM) Ebou Adams (Loan from Norwich)
(RM/LM) Daniel James (Loan from Swansea)
(RM) Ryan Barnett (1st year pro)
(RM/LM) Chris Gallagher (1st year pro)
(CM) George Hughes (1st year pro)

STRIKERS
AJ Leitch Smith
Lenell John-Lewis (Signed from Newport)
Arthur Gnahoua (Signed from Kidderminster)
John McAtee (1st year pro)
Carlton Morris (Loan from Norwich)

Still need another 5-6 signings but it's looking a lot better than last seasons team.

Last edited:

FarehamPompey

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Goalkeepers
Luke McGee
Alex Bass

Defenders
Tareiq Holmes-Dennis
Christian Burgess
Matt Clarke
Nathan Thompson
Jack Whatmough
Tom Davies
Brandon Haunstrup
Drew Talbot

Midfielders
Kal Naismith
Carl Baker
Jamal Lowe
Kyle Bennett
Gareth Evans
Danny Rose
Milan Lalkovic
Gary Roberts
Ben Close
Adam May
Jez Bedford
Christian Oxlade-Chamberlain

Forwards
Conor Chaplin
Michael Smith
Nicke Kabamba
Curtis Main

Looking strong! If we sign a strong/experienced CM I'd be happy to start the season tomorrow.

FarehamPompey

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
GOALKEEPERS:-
Dean Henderson (Loan from Man United)
Craig MacGillivray (Ex Walsall)
Jayson Leutwiler
Shaun Rowley
Callum Burton

DEFENDERS:-
(CB) Toto Nsiala
(CB/LB) Mat Sadler
(CB/LB) Zac Jules (Undisclosed fee from Reading)
(CB) Dom Smith
(CB/LB) Ryan McGivern)
(LB/LM) Junior Brown)
(RB) Joe Riley
(RB) Callum Roberts (1st year pro)
(LB) Ryan Sears (1st year pro)

MIDFIELDERS:-
(CAM/RM/LM) Louis Dodds
(RM/CAM) Jim O'Brien
(CM) Abu Ogogo
(RM) Shaun Whalley
(LM/RM) Alex Rodman
(CM) Bryn Morris
(CM) Jon Nolan (Undisclosed fee from Chesterfield)
(CM) Ebou Adams (Loan from Norwich)
(RM/LM) Daniel James (Loan from Swansea)
(RM) Ryan Barnett (1st year pro)
(RM/LM) Chris Gallagher (1st year pro)
(CM) George Hughes (1st year pro)

STRIKERS
AJ Leitch Smith
Lenell John-Lewis (Signed from Newport)
Arthur Gnahoua (Signed from Kidderminster)
John McAtee (1st year pro)

Still need another 5-6 signings but it's looking a lot better than last seasons team.

A squad of 30 and you want 5-6 more players??

Shrimpurh

Reaction score
Supports
Southend
GK:
Mark Oxley
Ted Smith
Josh Bexon (1st year pro)

DEF:
Anton Ferdinand
Jason Demetriou
Ben Coker
Stephen Hendrie
Michael Turner
John White
Dan Matsuzaka
Harry Kyprianou
Sonny Coutts (1st year pro)

MID:
Anthony Wordsworth
Stephen McLaughlin
Ryan Leonard
Michael Kightly
Jermaine McGlashan
Jack Bridge (Transfer Listed)
Harry Phillips (1st year pro)
Renei Batlokwa (1st year pro)
Joe Bedford (1st year pro)

STR:
Simon Cox
Nile Ranger
Marc-Antoine Fortune
Theo Robinson
Norman Wabo (1st year pro)

Squad is inflated by the amount of youth players who have earned themselves pro deals. Wabo and Batlokwa are very highly rated so they might break into the first team.

We are light in midfield but we are working on bringing a few more in and another CB is vital as Anton and Turner are the wrong side of 30. but with the below starting 11 anything other than top 6 will be disappointing. I would like a loan striker in whilst we wait for Ranger to get out of nick also.

Oxley
Demetriou Ferdinand Turner Coker
Kightly Leonard Wordsworth McLaughlin
Cox Ranger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tbwomble

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!