Sheffield Wednesday v sheffield United

Another Walkley Owl

Reaction score
Supports
SWFC
You have absolutely no fucking idea what happened outside the away end and no idea what the 2 Norwich fans were doing, you just carry on believing everything you read on the news and the papers.
Fuck me typical Blade.
You feel sorry for the 2 (as you rightly said c***) who were involved in the violence (maybe not doing the actual injuring but definetly involved) but have no sympathy for the 2 lads who were hammered.
I have heard from a few Blades, various differing stories (most but not all trying to condone) why they were attacked, I have also seen a video taken by a Blade of Norwich fans trying to exit the away end, and being greeted to chants of "We are Blades" before the said Blades attacked the Norwich fans coming out of them ground. (some of whom who will have had nothing to do with anything that may have happened previously).
Granted I wasn't there so didn't witness what had gone on before, so don't know the full story (some of the things I have heard said probably deserve a clip or 2 but not hospitalisation). What I am pretty certain about is
1. Had United won, it wouldn't have happened
2. Some innocent people will have been involved.

Not saying we don't have our own scummy fans,( we do I have seen them a few times) but you lot do have a disproportionately high amount of em.

Last edited:

Another Walkley Owl

Reaction score
Supports
SWFC
So you think these Norwich fans were just minding their own business walking out of the away end talking amongst themselves and ended up unconscious in hospital? How thick are you?

There have been very rare instances where innocent people have been jumped as per the example Tom gave, but the reason it made national news and is such a well known incident is because nowadays it's a complete rarity.

So contraryl to your earlier post, it does happen.
Thick Worzel.

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
So contraryl to your earlier post, it does happen.
Thick Worzel.
Once in a blue moon and from what I've read not in this particular instance so what I posted is relevant.

Also, "contrayl".... speak properly.

Another Walkley Owl

Reaction score
Supports
SWFC
Once in a blue moon and from what I've read not in this particular instance so what I posted is relevant.

Also, "contrayl".... speak properly.
Not speaking, I'm typing if you want to be a pedantic twat.
It happens more often than you think.
In our local paper only this week, Owls fan glassed in pub toilet for being a Wednesday fan.
Few years back now, a Leeds fan attacked in Sheffield (by so called Wednesday fans) whilst out with his Mrs.
I wouldn't fancy going down London Road and be overheard supporting Wednesday
Anyway even once is to often, if they want to fight they should do it like they do abroad, out in a field or woods, with no one else about, just people who want to get involved and who know the risks attached to it.

blademan89

Reaction score
Supports
sheffield united
Fuck me typical Blade.
You feel sorry for the 2 (as you rightly said c***) who were involved in the violence (maybe not doing the actual injuring but definetly involved) but have no sympathy for the 2 lads who were hammered.
I have heard from a few Blades, various differing stories (most but not all trying to condone) why they were attacked, I have also seen a video taken by a Blade of Norwich fans trying to exit the away end, and being greeted to chants of "We are Blades" before the said Blades attacked the Norwich fans coming out of them ground. (some of whom who will have had nothing to do with anything that may have happened previously).
Granted I wasn't there so didn't witness what had gone on before, so don't know the full story (some of the things I have heard said probably deserve a clip or 2 but not hospitalisation). What I am pretty certain about is
1. Had United won, it wouldn't have happened
2. Some innocent people will have been involved.

Not saying we don't have our own scummy fans,( we do I have seen them a few times) but you lot do have a disproportionately high amount of em.

And how do you know if they were involved in the violence that happened to the 2 Norwich fans, you've no idea what they did. My pal has just got banned from all home games for the rest of the season for going on the side of the pitch at Boro, it is truly embarrassing.

JP_LUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Dirty Leeds
Wearing colours is all some idiots need to get going and causing trouble. Fucking idiots.

S74Blade

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield United
Yes it was, much like the Steel City Cup.

In the BIG derbies we've come out on top, Wembley, BDM, 2012 etc.

A bit ( a lot) selective that mate. In the BIG derbies i.e. FA Cup. League Cup, League, I think the Blades have won more. Why was the " BDM" any bigger than any other derby ? You could have included the 7-3 hammering we gave you in the 1950's

Another Walkley Owl

Reaction score
Supports
SWFC
Kind of agree with you both, I too thought you juse had the edge overall in Derby matches.
A bit ( a lot) selective that mate. In the BIG derbies i.e. FA Cup. League Cup, League, I think the Blades have won more. Why was the " BDM" any bigger than any other derby ? You could have included the 7-3 hammering we gave you in the 1950's
Kind of agree with you both, I too thought you just had the edge overall.
But the Big ones I recall (or have been told about) Wednesday seem to win, ie FA Cup semi, FA Cup Quarter, 2012 (Was of huge significance given if you had only drawn I'm sure the seasons final positions would have ended differently) Boxing day is also a massive one, changed the course of both clubs for the next 2 decades (as previously stated by a Blade) and is still sung about today and probably will be long after all the players involved have left us.
Suppose looking it this way as a bit blinkered though, sure the Blades fans look at your Derby Doubles as Big matches, so it probably depends on perspective.
However if an outsider looked at all the matches and knew the significance of them all, they would probably come to the conclusion that whilst the Blades have won more overall the Owls have won more of the really big ones.
Saying that they're all big ones really, just some are more prominent to the memory than others

S74Blade

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield United
As for the Norwich game no one should be attacked for supporting their team. Walking down Shoreham street before the match I pointed out to a group of Norwich lads the best way to get to the away end but they ignored me ( fair do's). Instead they chose to walk to the ground the same way as home fans, I kept pace with them and as we got near the kop turnstiles they piped up with Norwich chants, hardly anyone bothered, but they were given a few glances that sort of suggested that they were being a bit tactless, given the spacial/ tribal nature of areas around football grounds these days.
Not saying they merited violence at all but some people need to " get real" if they're going to act silly at away games.

S74Blade

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield United
Kind of agree with you both, I too thought you juse had the edge overall in Derby matches.

Kind of agree with you both, I too thought you just had the edge overall.
But the Big ones I recall (or have been told about) Wednesday seem to win, ie FA Cup semi, FA Cup Quarter, 2012 (Was of huge significance given if you had only drawn I'm sure the seasons final positions would have ended differently) Boxing day is also a massive one, changed the course of both clubs for the next 2 decades (as previously stated by a Blade) and is still sung about today and probably will be long after all the players involved have left us.
Suppose looking it this way as a bit blinkered though, sure the Blades fans look at your Derby Doubles as Big matches, so it probably depends on perspective.
However if an outsider looked at all the matches and knew the significance of them all, they would probably come to the conclusion that whilst the Blades have won more overall the Owls have won more of the really big ones.
Saying that they're all big ones really, just some are more prominent to the memory than others

Depends what stats you choose and what weight you give them. The other year was the first double WED have done over UTD in 75 years whereas ....
Good and reasonable post though mate

Cheers

UTB

S74Blade

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield United
The Blades have done the double over Wednesday six times since 1950.

Stats eh !
:ohy:

SoutheySWFC

Reaction score
Supports
SWFC

Ha ha ha

FA Cup semi final.

League cup 80s or 00s

We are level on wins and we have won the more important ones, we don't do the doubles just Wembley.

Older bigger better.

blademan89

Reaction score
Supports
sheffield united
Ha ha ha

FA Cup semi final.

League cup 80s or 00s

We are level on wins and we have won the more important ones, we don't do the doubles just Wembley.

Older bigger better.

We've won more competitive games in derbys I'm certain we have, sure it's about 5 or 6 more? You won the biggest one there has been at Wembley, luckily I was too young to see it.

Just checked says it's 48 a piece , I could of sworn we were in front

Must be just league games I was thinking of

Last edited:

villa loyal

Reaction score
Supports
aston villa
Sometimes a bit of common sense is needed at games, although it shouldn't be like that. Can't say a bad word about the blades at our place really, but I have noticed their hooligan element the last few seasons has been on the rise.

S74Blade

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield United
Ha ha ha

FA Cup semi final.

League cup 80s or 00s

Older bigger better.

I agree you are fatter we all know that. It's what we Blades call a "Typical Pig"

SoutheySWFC
Location Doncaster :bg:

S74Blade

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield United
We've won more competitive games in derbys I'm certain we have, sure it's about 5 or 6 more? You won the biggest one there has been at Wembley, luckily I was too young to see it.

Just checked says it's 48 a piece , I could of sworn we were in front

Must be just league games I was thinking of

Jesus he tells me to stop supporting the Blades and I've been going since 1966, while he wasn't old enough to go to games in 1992/3.
Chavtastic

blademan89

Reaction score
Supports
sheffield united
Jesus he tells me to stop supporting the Blades and I've been going since 1966, while he wasn't old enough to go to games in 1992/3.
Chavtastic

1st game was 93/94, sorry I can't help how old I am, every chance I've still been to more games than you too. Are you going on Sunday? I doubt you are

SoutheySWFC

Reaction score
Supports
SWFC
I agree you are fatter we all know that. It's what we Blades call a "Typical Pig"

SoutheySWFC
Location Doncaster :bg:

Says Elsecar Blade? Jesus hypocrisy or what.

PS I can see my clubs ground from my window, can you? Live in S5 work in Donny.

Liam_SWFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
This thing about United having a 'better team ethic' is just bollocks you don't finish 6th and 4th in the Championship without and team ethic. Also the idea Carlos can't get us up for it but Wilder will do is also laughable, the Lisbon and Istanbul derbies have nothing on Oxford vs Swindon...

United are doing well and riding a lot of momentum, and no I'm not a Wednesday fan who won't give them any credit they've had a far better start than I expected and don't think they'll be anywhere near the bottom 3 like I thought. Derby games are horrible and always tight no matter who is favourite to win, I don't think we'll lose the game on Saturday but they'll make it hard for us to build momentum especially if they go in front. The way I'm seeing it is if we're at 100% and they are at 100% we beat them, let's hope we turn up. At the end of the day it's only another 3 points at stake.

markwwfc1992

Reaction score
Supports
Wolves / Detroit Lions
This thing about United having a 'better team ethic' is just bollocks you don't finish 6th and 4th in the Championship without and team ethic. Also the idea Carlos can't get us up for it but Wilder will do is also laughable, the Lisbon and Istanbul derbies have nothing on Oxford vs Swindon...

United are doing well and riding a lot of momentum, and no I'm not a Wednesday fan who won't give them any credit they've had a far better start than I expected and don't think they'll be anywhere near the bottom 3 like I thought. Derby games are horrible and always tight no matter who is favourite to win, I don't think we'll lose the game on Saturday but they'll make it hard for us to build momentum especially if they go in front. The way I'm seeing it is if we're at 100% and they are at 100% we beat them, let's hope we turn up. At the end of the day it's only another 3 points at stake.

Team ethic is all Mick McCarthy apparently had. I remember Wolves fans saying we would win our must win game against West Brom in the prem because we had 'good team ethic' and West Brom were just a bunch of mercenaries put together. Well that bunch of mercenaries smashed us 5-1 on our own patch which resulted in Mick McCarthy getting sacked. So much for our team ethic :lol:

Liam_SWFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Team ethic is all Mick McCarthy apparently had. I remember Wolves fans saying we would win our must win game against West Brom in the prem because we had 'good team ethic' and West Brom were just a bunch of mercenaries put together. Well that bunch of mercenaries smashed us 5-1 on our own patch which resulted in Mick McCarthy getting sacked. So much for our team ethic :lol:

Very similar then, United fans have this idea we are a team full of 'foreign overpaid mercenaries' with a fancy dan manager despite the fact only 1 of our starting 11 is foreign, and they are a team of pure passion and commitment. For me football matches are won on quality rather than passion, plus any team starting Leon Clarke at this level shouldn't be anywhere near the top 6. I really hope we thrash them on Sunday, but I expect it'll be a horrific nervous game that will knock 5 years off my life.

markwwfc1992

Reaction score
Supports
Wolves / Detroit Lions
Leon Clarke :lol:

Watch that dopey fucker score the winner now...

Liam_SWFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Leon Clarke :lol:

Watch that dopey fucker score the winner now...

I remember him coming off the bench at Hillsborough and scoring the winner a few years ago for you with his first touch! Must have been his only Championship goal since he played for us, absolutely awful footballer at this level but to his credit is a top League One striker.

markwwfc1992

Reaction score
Supports
Wolves / Detroit Lions
I remember him coming off the bench at Hillsborough and scoring the winner a few years ago for you with his first touch! Must have been his only Championship goal since he played for us, absolutely awful footballer at this level but to his credit is a top League One striker.

Leon Clarke is the only player I know of who when scoring for the club, would celebrate by running over to his own fans and 'shushing' the crowd.

Fucking melt.

Another Walkley Owl

Reaction score
Supports
SWFC

I know we won't lose the game on Saturday, anything could happen on Sunday though.
We start as favourites, but that means nothing in these games.
Lots of Blades at work being very noisy the last couple of days, sure they are pretty confident. I'm praying it comes back to bite them on Sunday.

Sheffsteel

Reaction score
Supports
Sheff United

You’re forgetting that I’ve seen both United and Wednesday loads of times in the last few months.

Wednesday have better individual players but United midfield is definitely better than Wednesdays and will have spells dominating the game. How can that be possible you say?

It’s because the midfield trio of Coutts, Fleck and Duffy compliment each other, all 3 are really comfortable on the ball and pass for fun. Wilder plays the same players, the same instructions and same formation all the time. They all know their colleagues strengths and weaknesses and really really care, that’s what is meant by “United have the better team ethic’, the whole is better than the individual parts. If any of our midfielders were sold to another team I think their form would instantly drop, its being part of a well oiled machine that makes them look good.

A Norwich fan discribed United really well last week when we dominated Norwich.
He said for all Uniteds attacking we never looked like scoring because out play was very formulaic.
Although to be fair we had all our strikers out injured.

I agree, all our players know the system and we are a good team but quite predictable.
However we are relatively weak up front, far worse than Wednesday.
Sharp is a great finisher but needs setting up, he’s slow, not that sharp and lacks physicality.

You can never legislate for results, not sure whether to go 1-1 draw or 2-1 Wednesday but we are a very different team to the Warnock/ Bassett up and at em, big physical battling teams.

I’m very confident we’ll come to Hillsboro and play a fairly open game playing a quick passing positive football going for the win. Looking forward to Wednesday fans being surprised how good we are. It doesn’t make sense but how can a team coming out of league 1 be so good (relatively speaking of course) and also the bubble won’t burst. We were below par our first 3 matches (home to Brentford, away to Boro and Cardiff) but since then we’ve been the better team.

Looking forward to the game and i’ll come on and credit Wednesday if they deserve credit. I’m not frightened to give credit to opposition teams.

Last edited:

Sheffsteel

Reaction score
Supports
Sheff United
I know we won't lose the game on Saturday, anything could happen on Sunday though.
We start as favourites, but that means nothing in these games.
Lots of Blades at work being very noisy the last couple of days, sure they are pretty confident. I'm praying it comes back to bite them on Sunday.

I don’t think the confidence relates to the result, anything could happen but if any team is to win then Wednesday have more quality on paper and better strength in depth so are favourites.

The confidence is more about us putting in a good performance playing positive/ attractive football.

Liam_SWFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
I'm sorry but our midfield is one of the strongest points of this team, Bannan is looking more like 2015/16 Bananan and is an absolute joy to watch, Kieran Lee should be playing in the Premier League and David Jones has a shit load of promotions on his CV, it's a shame Hutchinson isn't fit as if it wasn't for his injuries he'd be playing in the top flight as well. Fleck does look a good little player I'm not going to deny that, despite Bannan being in the Scotland squat ahead of him, but there's no way your midfield is better than ours. I do quite like the system Wilder has you playing though, I actually wanted us to try the 3 at the back and wing backs in the summer, but against a system like ours you'll get punished outwide on the overlap like Forest did. Your fans at work have told me you'll go for it on Sunday as you aren't a side to sit back, we seem to struggle with sides who sit back so I hope you do, will make a cracking game!

And I'll do the same mate, you already deserve a lot of credit for this season, as many Wednesday fans (me included) had you down to be struggling at this stage, and you've proven us wrong so far. I'm not under any illusions of you being a 'pub team', you've found a system that works for you and is getting you results.

blademan89

Reaction score
Supports
sheffield united
I'm sorry but our midfield is one of the strongest points of this team, Bannan is looking more like 2015/16 Bananan and is an absolute joy to watch, Kieran Lee should be playing in the Premier League and David Jones has a shit load of promotions on his CV, it's a shame Hutchinson isn't fit as if it wasn't for his injuries he'd be playing in the top flight as well. Fleck does look a good little player I'm not going to deny that, despite Bannan being in the Scotland squat ahead of him, but there's no way your midfield is better than ours. I do quite like the system Wilder has you playing though, I actually wanted us to try the 3 at the back and wing backs in the summer, but against a system like ours you'll get punished outwide on the overlap like Forest did. Your fans at work have told me you'll go for it on Sunday as you aren't a side to sit back, we seem to struggle with sides who sit back so I hope you do, will make a cracking game!

And I'll do the same mate, you already deserve a lot of credit for this season, as many Wednesday fans (me included) had you down to be struggling at this stage, and you've proven us wrong so far. I'm not under any illusions of you being a 'pub team', you've found a system that works for you and is getting you results.

No way our midfield is better on paper than Wednesday's I'll have to disagree with sheffsteel on that one. Infact man for man all 11 positions Wednesday have better players I'd say but quite frankly I don't give a fuck about that, I know we've got a chance Sunday and I know we can compete in this league regardless of team on paper. Other than Cardiff we've matched everyone and been better than teams with better squads. Both teams are in good form but I hope we don't just go all out for it because we will lose imo. We will go with a similar approach as we did at sunderland and from what I've seen of Wednesday we will definitely get chances and that's something we are pretty good at taking.

Liam_SWFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
No way our midfield is better on paper than Wednesday's I'll have to disagree with sheffsteel on that one. Infact man for man all 11 positions Wednesday have better players I'd say but quite frankly I don't give a fuck about that, I know we've got a chance Sunday and I know we can compete in this league regardless of team on paper. Other than Cardiff we've matched everyone and been better than teams with better squads. Both teams are in good form but I hope we don't just go all out for it because we will lose imo. We will go with a similar approach as we did at sunderland and from what I've seen of Wednesday we will definitely get chances and that's something we are pretty good at taking.

This leagues mental pal, anyone can beat anyone sometimes I wonder why we're so worried about trying to get in the Premier League! You definitely have a chance of beating us no doubt about it, I'm not a deluded **** off Owlstalk, it reminds me of the games we did the double over you, you were a far better team on paper but on the day (that Tudgay goal is my all time favourite) we wanted it more. Take it you got a ticket? How much did we charge for your lot not bothered looking at that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tbwomble
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!