Saturday 30th September fixtures

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
If Barnsley can put 7 past port vale then Bolton should be beating teams like port vale easily. 5 nil away win I reckon. Dion Charles will have a field day on Saturday.
nah smithy will send him off.

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
Probably a good time for Northampton to play us as I suspect last night took a lot out of the players. Frustratingly Demi Mitchell will be suspended and Caleb Watts picked up an injury too, to add to the list.

On the plus side Jack Aitchison was doing work on the pitch pre game last night so must be close and hopefully Muskwe too.

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
Barnsley v Blackpool
Derby v Cambridge
Exeter v Northampton
Fleetwood v Leyton Orient
Lincoln v Cheltenham
Peterborough v Bristol Rovers
Port Vale v Bolton
Reading v Burton
Shrewsbury v Charlton
Stevenage v Oxford
Wigan v Portsmouth
Wycombe v Carlisle

Derby away for us. Their home record is pretty poor so far but they have played Wigan, Oxford and Portsmouth at home already (plus Blackpool in the league cup) so it’s been a tough run for them.

For us, apart from Oxford on the opening day this is the first game against a side we’d expect to finish towards the top (unless you count Wigan). So big test for us. We didn’t offer alot there last season but it was in the middle of our awful run so hoping we might be a bit more confident this time round.
Our home record is historically very good. We lost four at home last season, but already lost two this season. We only lost five in the season we were relegated in the Championship (albeit down to a 21 point deduction) 11 losses in the past 50 games at home, which includes a championship season. I’m in no doubt that it’s largely due to Warne-ball and we are largely fucking terrible at the moment, but these are the games we tend to do enough in. I won’t say do well, but do enough to get the points. We have three wins from three when playing four at the back, with three clean sheets, thankfully it looks like it’s putting an end to Warne’s favoured five at the back kink where we got two wins in eight and one clean sheet.

I’m expecting a (s)crappy game with an obscene amount of crosses in the box leading to a Derby win 2 or 3-0.

AmberAndy

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
I’ve got a completely unfounded feeling we might pull off a shock at Derby, although common sense clearly points to a defeat. We will see what happens. Again unsure whether Bonner will roll the dice upfront, but wouldn’t be surprised to see Gordon start his first game to add his power and pace. Think Ahadme will keep his starting place though. If both play from the start it will give the Derby back line something to think about that’s for sure, it just if we have the resolve to defend successfully for long periods that will determine if we get anything from the game this time round. Our record at Pride Park is not great.

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
No. It's just the reality that we're not this tiny club with no fans like you continue to endlessly bang on about. Our following to your place was much better than what you brought up here given the point in the season and the run both sides were on at the time.
Not sure you're right about that comment

27 August 2022
P Vale v Pompey
Attendance: 8,878 (1,685 Pompey fans)
25 March 2023
Pompey v Port Vale
Attendance:
18,046 (795 away fans)

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
Salop 0-2 Charlton

Matt Taylor on his last legs and a toxic atmosphere at the Meadow towards Roland.

The Evil Dead

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Not sure you're right about that comment

27 August 2022
P Vale v Pompey
Attendance: 8,878 (1,685 Pompey fans)
25 March 2023
Pompey v Port Vale
Attendance:
18,046 (795 away fans)

Now try reading what I said again.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I'm told that Bolton have a number out injured or suspended, so this could be a good time to play them. Santos is injured so I believe, which is a shame as he's always absolutely terrible against us.

Whatever team they put out, it will still be very competitive as they have the budget to provide excellent depth. Once again, we'll have to be at our very best to get anything.

It will be an interesting test to see how far we have come, as I felt they looked a stronger team than us when they came to the Vale at a similar time last year. We've got much better footballers now, so hopefully we take the game to them. Always nice to try and get one over on their absolute weapon of a manager too.

We could do with picking up points at home, as we have a few very tricky fixtures coming up.
Toal will move across to take Santos place. That will bring in Forrester into the 11
Thomason misses out 7 bookings in as many games Bringing Morley back into the team.

Would like to see Bodvarrson start alongside Charles, but he will no doubt keep faith with Adaboyojo

Will be a decent 11 that start but i would guess we have 6 still out injured/suspended

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Toal will move across to take Santos place. That will bring in Forrester into the 11
Thomason misses out 7 bookings in as many games Bringing Morley back into the team.

Would like to see Bodvarrson start alongside Charles, but he will no doubt keep faith with Adaboyojo

Will be a decent 11 that start but i would guess we have 6 still out injured/suspended
Santos being out probably improves your chances against us. :lol: would have loved Josh Thomas with his pace going all Devante Rodney on him.

folletto

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Looked much better against Wycombe, but still clear to see our defensive fragilities. Hoping for our first away win of the season at an out of form Shrewsbury, in front of what will be quite a poor away following. It really feels like winning this could be a bit of a turning point if we can get a run going, whereas a draw or loss confirms that we are definitely not challenging for anything this season.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Santos being out probably improves your chances against us. :lol: would have loved Josh Thomas with his pace going all Devante Rodney on him.
Santos has had maybe half a dozen bad games in the 100 and odd games he has played for us.....Two of those against Vale fair enough.
Still the best Defender in lge 1

Last edited:

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Santos has had maybe half a dozen bad games in the 100 and odd games he has played for us 2 against Vale fair enough.
Still the best Defender in lge 1
Gave the ball away from our goal at your place last season IIRC. Really odd one must be in his head playing us after Rodney had him in circles.

The Evil Dead

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I've re-read it?

So you'll understand that your following was hardly great? Given Ipswich brought more than you on a Tuesday night?

You'll also see our following was superb given our absolutely horrendous run of form at the time? See where this is going?

HutchECFC

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Cobblers at home. Will be without Mitchell due to his suspension, but hopefully Muskwe & Aitchison will feature.
Kite, Harper both back to fitness or near enough now, will have to wait and see on Watts.
Still got Niskanen, Trevitt, Rankine, Diabate all out injured, but hopefully not for too much longer.

As for the game itself, it'll be interesting to see how much Tuesday night took out of the players, although GC is usually pretty good at getting them rested and raring to go again. Should be a near enough home sell out again, no idea on away sales, mind.

Not a clue on Northampton, not sure if there's any on here to be honest.

3-1 win, back into the top 2.

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
So you'll understand that your following was hardly great? Given Ipswich brought more than you on a Tuesday night?

You'll also see our following was superb given our absolutely horrendous run of form at the time? See where this is going?
You really r a prick

Strawberry_Jam

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton
Cobblers at home. Will be without Mitchell due to his suspension, but hopefully Muskwe & Aitchison will feature.
Kite, Harper both back to fitness or near enough now, will have to wait and see on Watts.
Still got Niskanen, Trevitt, Rankine, Diabate all out injured, but hopefully not for too much longer.

As for the game itself, it'll be interesting to see how much Tuesday night took out of the players, although GC is usually pretty good at getting them rested and raring to go again. Should be a near enough home sell out again, no idea on away sales, mind.

hello, we obviously don't make much of an impression then.

I'll be incognito in the big bank with an exeter fan. we are playing quite well atm, just losing those key moments.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
We've lost three on the bounce in a week but with those games being a cup game where we played the kids, away to top of the table Pompey and another cup game against a PL side it's kinda gone under the radar a bit - I think because everyone can see we're looking like a half decent side so far this season.

Hoping to have Mandroiu back this weekend, which will be a huge boost because his goal involvements for us this season is pretty high and it means we won't have to play a central midfielder out wide. We rested Bishop and Jackson last night, the latter will almost certainly come back in but if Mandroiu is back, then Bishop will be on the bench.

We don't generally give too much up from open play but we've conceded a few from set pieces this season, which is frustrating because we had a very good record in that department last season - I reckon we're at 7 or 8 already!

Cheltenham are going to score a goal at some point, I'm happy for it to be on Saturday as long as we score more! Not 100% sure I'll be making this one unfortunately.

Don Tonberry

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth

As much as I don't want to defend Pompeyblueboy, Vale away last season clashed with Victorious Festival and I know many who were happy to fob off a trip to Burslem for that. Despite that, our following up there was still over double what you brought down here.

I don't buy the form argument either. When we went to yours it was still early season and we had a decent-but-not-brilliant start. I'd have expected Vale to bring a fair number whatever their form given it's an away day at one of the biggest clubs in the division. Superb? Nah.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Away at Fleetwood, likely to be an unchanged team for a third league game in a row.

Ethan Galbraith pushing George Moncur for the CAM starting position though. He was good for us last season Moncs but he has lost any pace he once had and pressing and tracking back isn't his game. Galbraith is more mobile and still very decent on the ball.

Only our second ever visit to Fleetwood, the first and only one so far was 9 years ago and it finished 1-1.

Fleetwood will get a win at somepoint and have a new manager in Lee Johnson.

Train strikes mean we will certainly take alot less to this one, I've had to take a day off work and go a day early tomorrow afternoon and coming back Sunday morning.

mozzavale

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
As much as I don't want to defend Pompeyblueboy, Vale away last season clashed with Victorious Festival and I know many who were happy to fob off a trip to Burslem for that. Despite that, our following up there was still over double what you brought down here.

I don't buy the form argument either. When we went to yours it was still early season and we had a decent-but-not-brilliant start. I'd have expected Vale to bring a fair number whatever their form given it's an away day at one of the biggest clubs in the division. Superb? Nah.
Given the school boy reckons we're a tiny club, 800 for such a long trip is good going for a club our size.

I personally thought 1,700 to us was good too. Considering you average over double what we get at home, they were both par.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

You were top of the league when you played us… we’d not won away in 3 months and only won twice in that time full stop, yet had a higher % just of our home support travel down so to be fair it was a great effort in the circumstances.

That said whoever travels away deserves huge credit but the Pompey lad walked into that one.

Arbury

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge united
My first trip to pride park which I’m looking forward to, they’re form seems to be indifferent shall we say and haven’t settled into a rhythm yet which I’m sure they will do at some point, we’re playing ok and ticking over nicely although would love to manage the 3 points this Saturday.

We’re 9/2 on 365 which is to big in my eyes, vale at 2/1 also interests me as does the chavs at home to Oxford although they’ve shortened some what to 11/8, good luck to everyone who has an acca or 2.

KTF.

coronakopite

Reaction score
Supports
cambridge united
Pride Park will be ground 117 for me and (hopefully) a highlight of the season - I couldn't use my ticket last season for health reasons. Although I was at Hillsborough and the Stadium of Light (and Swansea when it was the Liberty) with similar hopes to see us ship 5 (and 6).

9/2 for a U's win might be reasonable but odds on, never mind 4/7, for a Derby win seems lazy. 3/1 or better for a draw seems a better bet.

We have a goal or two in us, especially if we can score first. I'm expecting a bombardment of balls into the box, Warneball style, but we have the players for that in Morrison/Bennet/Digby. More worrying is can our wide pairings do a better job of stopping the crosses than they've managed recently - at least I think that Pride Park is down at the minimum width for Championship pitches at 68 m.

There'll be plenty of us travelling. Hoping for a 0-1 but fearing a 4-0.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town

Oi you rude bastard

Feel we need something here after our little slump, still not too concerned as not playing badly. As predicted we are light up top and that’ll be the case all season unless we can do something in January.
After our insipid showing at Vale last away game out I hope we go with more intent. Was so un-Brady like, we’ve never gone anywhere and sat in under him.

Was coming down on the train but that was kiboshed as we’ve entered the 12th year of strikes. Probably won’t see too many travel as a result.

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Pride Park will be ground 117 for me and (hopefully) a highlight of the season - I couldn't use my ticket last season for health reasons. Although I was at Hillsborough and the Stadium of Light (and Swansea when it was the Liberty) with similar hopes to see us ship 5 (and 6).

9/2 for a U's win might be reasonable but odds on, never mind 4/7, for a Derby win seems lazy. 3/1 or better for a draw seems a better bet.

We have a goal or two in us, especially if we can score first. I'm expecting a bombardment of balls into the box, Warneball style, but we have the players for that in Morrison/Bennet/Digby. More worrying is can our wide pairings do a better job of stopping the crosses than they've managed recently - at least I think that Pride Park is down at the minimum width for Championship pitches at 68 m.

Wow 117 is impressive. I went to Pride Park last season and we were awful. I won’t be there tomorrow but fingers crossed you get a better performance this time round. It’s a nice stadium and one of the better of the modern all seaters in my opinion.

I’d obviously be delighted with a draw tomorrow just to keep the points total ticking over ala Lincoln last season.

The Evil Dead

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

Good going that mate.

I've got 3 new grounds pencilled during October so that'll take me up to 124 with another 3 guaranteed new ones later in the season in Wrexham, Reading and Leicester, so I'll be on at least 127 at season's end.

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
Away at Fleetwood, likely to be an unchanged team for a third league game in a row.

Ethan Galbraith pushing George Moncur for the CAM starting position though. He was good for us last season Moncs but he has lost any pace he once had and pressing and tracking back isn't his game. Galbraith is more mobile and still very decent on the ball.

Only our second ever visit to Fleetwood, the first and only one so far was 9 years ago and it finished 1-1.

Fleetwood will get a win at somepoint and have a new manager in Lee Johnson.

Train strikes mean we will certainly take alot less to this one, I've had to take a day off work and go a day early tomorrow afternoon and coming back Sunday morning.
Well mate, I wish you a safe albeit long journey. Depending when you get to the ground go to Jim's bar where you will be made very welcome. If you get a good result fair play to you, likely to be a draw which tbh is no good to us at sll

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Doesn’t get any easier for us with Wycombe away.

We’ve had such a disappointing bad start to the season and we need to start picking up some wins, but realistically with our fixture it’s hard to see where a win is going to come from any time soon.

It’s hard to criticise anyone because the manager has the team playing quite well, the players are giving their all and we’re seeing some hard fought draws and narrow defeats. Sadly it all comes down to the undeniable fact that simply we are just not good enough when it comes to quality in the important areas of the pitch (both boxes).

Wycombe 3-0 Carlisle United

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!