Retained List

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City

We've activated an option for Lasse Sorenson, who I suspect we'll also try and agree a new deal with. We have five players out of contract - TJ Eyoma and Hakeeb Adelekun will be released with Bishop, Mandroiu and Montsma all in discussions over new deals.

No surprise that Adelekun is leaving, his spell here was a disaster despite his form for Doncaster since January and Eyoma wasn't the same player since his loan move from Spurs was made permanent and hasn't really had too many minutes this season despite lots of appearances off the bench. Bit weird that Mandroiu is already out of contract given that we only bought him two years ago, albeit only for £30k.

Really, really surprised Montsma has been offered something. He hasn't played for 15 months after his third ACL (second time in his three years here), I genuinely thought he'd be told to retire because he's done both of his knees. Montsma two or three years ago was a Championship defender in waiting but I'm not sure he'll be able to reach those heights again. Can't say we haven't looked after him though. I think this year of his contract is the extra year we gave him when he did his first ACL here.

Bishop is a good player when he's not picking up niggles and I thought Skubala might release him to get someone in whose availability is more reliable.

Only two of the contracted players - Smith and Brown - I can see use trying to move on in the summer. Overall, the basis of a decent squad is there, arguably better placed than at any time in L1.

tommytit

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Our is out and Wellens has been quoted about the decisions!

First-team players under contract: Jayden Sweeney, Dan Agyei, Jordan Brown, Joe Pigott, Brandon Cooper, Sam Howes, George Moncur, Omar Beckles, Ollie O’Neill, Ethan Galbraith, Max Sanders, Jordan Graham, Rhys Byrne, Zech Obiero, Charlie Pegrum

First-team players in contract discussions with the club: Tom James, Jack Simpson, Dan Happe, Ruel Sotiriou, Theo Archibald, Darren Pratley, Noah Phillips

Loan players to return to their parent clubs: Sol Brynn, Idris El Mizouni, Shaq Forde, Dan Adu-Adjei, Khayon Edwards

First-team players to leave the club following the expiration of their contracts: Rob Hunt, Adam Thompson, Harrison Sodje, Emmanuel Harvest, Jephte Tanga, Ethan Light

No real suprises in there in all honesty, maybe that Darren Pratley hasn't retired! Adam Thompson and Rob Hunt will both do jobs in the league below, Hunt played his fair share this season but he is limited going forward and is a bit injury prone.

I'd expect Jack Simpson to sign, as well as Darren Pratley who will be playing into his 40s.

Theo Archibald was the big question mark and the club have probably offered him reduced terms as he is likely to be out injured until Feb/March next year.

I've heard that Dan Happe and Ruel Sotiriou are both likely to leave - Sotiriou is under 24 still so we're entitled to a fee for him.

Tom James I'd be happy to keep, can get caught out defensively but has his uses going forward - but wouldn't be suprised if another League One side got him.

Noah Phillips is a youth keeper.

As for the loans: Sol Brynn was ok in goal overall but is still developing and prone to mistakes, I'd take El-Mizouni and Forde back but the likelyhood of this is very unlikely. Both will play for bigger clubs sooner rather than later.
From the BBC article regarding Richie's new contract.

"But I hope we're very close to Jack Simpson [signing a new contract], very close with Dan Happe and hopefully we can keep Ruel [Sotiriou], and that gives us a strong foundation going into the summer."

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Ours is now out.

Released:

Max Stryjek, Joe Jacobson, D’Mani Mellor, Nathan Shepperd, Jack Wakely, Kane Vincent-Young

End of Loan:

Chem Campbell, Saxon Earley, Freddie Potts, Dale Taylor, Nigel Lonwijk, Gideon Kodua

Contracts Offered To:

Chris Forino, Garath McCleary, Franco Ravizzoli

Under Contract For 2024/25:

Jack Grimmer, Josh Scowen, Ryan Tafazolli, David Wheeler, Matt Butcher, Sam Vokes, Luke Leahy, Laurie Shala, Jack Young, Joe Low, Brandon Hanlan, Kieran Sadlier, Richard Kone, Jason McCarthy, Beryly Lubala, Jasper Pattenden, Taylor Clark, Luca Woodhouse, Christie Ward, Declan Skura

We are super cagey about contract lengths now so for a bunch of the above, the fans thought they were out of contract even though they weren't (the likes of Vokes and Tafazolli especially, who it had been speculated may be out of the door).

Pretty much fine with all of the above.

Max Stryjek is a good keeper at this level and will easily get snapped up.

I think we screwed up with Forino (CB) and he has a very good chance of being picked up by a bigger/higher level club.

I expect McCleary has been offered a 1 year deal (given his advancing years) and will sign.

Ravizzoli is a decent keeper but I'm not that arsed either way if he stays or goes.

I wouldn't recommend any of our other cast-offs. Kane Vincent-Young is a very good player when fit, but he was broken when we signed him a year ago, and remained broken with various injuries for half the season.

dannylad01

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
Twitter
@dannytudor01
Ours is now out.

Released:

Max Stryjek, Joe Jacobson, D’Mani Mellor, Nathan Shepperd, Jack Wakely, Kane Vincent-Young

End of Loan:

Chem Campbell, Saxon Earley, Freddie Potts, Dale Taylor, Nigel Lonwijk, Gideon Kodua

Contracts Offered To:

Jack Grimmer, Josh Scowen, Ryan Tafazolli, David Wheeler, Matt Butcher, Sam Vokes, Luke Leahy, Laurie Shala, Jack Young, Joe Low, Brandon Hanlan, Kieran Sadlier, Richard Kone, Jason McCarthy, Beryly Lubala, Jasper Pattenden, Taylor Clark, Luca Woodhouse, Christie Ward, Declan Skura

We are super cagey about contract lengths now so for a bunch of the above, the fans thought they were out of contract even though they weren't (the likes of Vokes and Tafazolli especially, who it had been speculated may be out of the door).

I think we screwed up with Forino (CB) and he has a very good chance of being picked up by a bigger/higher level club.

I expect McCleary has been offered a 1 year deal (given his advancing years) and will sign.

Ravizzoli is a decent keeper but I'm not that arsed either way if he stays or goes.

I wouldn't recommend any of our other cast-offs. Kane Vincent-Young is a very good player when fit, but he was broken when we signed him a year ago, and remained broken with various injuries for half the season.
Wouldn't surprise me to see Marosi sign for Wycombe. Was in a car pool with Leahy at Shrewsbury, could have it going the other way. Fantastic shot stopper, but distribution may put off teams higher up

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Wouldn't surprise me to see Marosi sign for Wycombe. Was in a car pool with Leahy at Shrewsbury, could have it going the other way. Fantastic shot stopper, but distribution may put off teams higher up

I don't know about that, Stryjek (former No. 1 who we just released) was pretty much the same, i.e. good shot stopper but crap distribution, and I think the latter is just too much of a drawback at this level.

Obviously keepers in the third tier are going to have flaws, but distribution is a really bad one to have.

folletto

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Ours is now out.

Released:

End of Loan:

Contracts Offered To:

Would love us to go in for Longwijk but assuming he gets a move abroad or to a championship club now

folletto

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
The following men’s first-team players remain under contract:

Karoy Anderson, Chuks Aneke, Nathan Asiimwe, Conor Coventry, Rarmani Edmonds-Green, Tayo Edun, Scott Fraser, Macaulay Gillesphey, Aaron Henry, Harry Isted, Lloyd Jones, Daniel Kanu, Miles Leaburn, Alfie May, Ashley Maynard-Brewer, Conor McGrandles, Zach Mitchell, Lucas Ness, Kayne Ramsay, Terry Taylor, Tennai Watson.

The following players, whose contracts are set to expire this summer, have been offered a new contract:

While the club have the option to trigger a one-year extension on Thierry Small’s contract, the defender has been offered a new long-term contract.

Tyreece Campbell has been offered a new contract by the club, which he has accepted.

Charlton made a number of contract offers to George Dobson pre and post Christmas. The midfielder has signed a pre-contract agreement with Hungarian club Fehérvár.

The following players, whose contracts are set to expire this summer, have not been offered a new contract:

Richard Chin, Michael Hector, Diallang Jaiyesimi, Jack Payne, Terell Thomas, Lewis Ward.

The following players, whose contracts have expired, have not been offered a new contract:

Kazenga LuaLua, Connor Wickham.

The following players will return to their parent clubs following the expiration of their loan deals:

Tyreeq Bakinson, Panutche Camará, Lewis Fiorini, Freddie Ladapo, Louie Watson

folletto

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
The following men’s first-team players remain under contract:

Karoy Anderson, Chuks Aneke, Nathan Asiimwe, Conor Coventry, Rarmani Edmonds-Green, Tayo Edun, Scott Fraser, Macaulay Gillesphey, Aaron Henry, Harry Isted, Lloyd Jones, Daniel Kanu, Miles Leaburn, Alfie May, Ashley Maynard-Brewer, Conor McGrandles, Zach Mitchell, Lucas Ness, Kayne Ramsay, Terry Taylor, Tennai Watson.

The following players, whose contracts are set to expire this summer, have been offered a new contract:

While the club have the option to trigger a one-year extension on Thierry Small’s contract, the defender has been offered a new long-term contract.

Tyreece Campbell has been offered a new contract by the club, which he has accepted.

Charlton made a number of contract offers to George Dobson pre and post Christmas. The midfielder has signed a pre-contract agreement with Hungarian club Fehérvár.

The following players, whose contracts are set to expire this summer, have not been offered a new contract:

Richard Chin, Michael Hector, Diallang Jaiyesimi, Jack Payne, Terell Thomas, Lewis Ward.

The following players, whose contracts have expired, have not been offered a new contract:

Kazenga LuaLua, Connor Wickham.

The following players will return to their parent clubs following the expiration of their loan deals:

Tyreeq Bakinson, Panutche Camará, Lewis Fiorini, Freddie Ladapo, Louie Watson
No huge surprises, now time to shed the squad of the deadwood and replace with better players.

George Dobson a huge loss but we know that's been coming since February.
Michael Hector maybe a slight surprise but we've kept 4 clean sheets all season and he's been part of the problem.

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Would love us to go in for Longwijk but assuming he gets a move abroad or to a championship club now

yep, my assumption is he gets a Champ loan next season, then either makes it into first team contention or gets sold.

iesty wfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Wrexham AFC can confirm our 2024 retained/released list.

Released

The following players, who are out of contract, will not be offered new deals and are released with the Club’s sincere thanks for their contributions during the time at the Football Club.

• Aaron HAYDEN
  • Rob LAINTON
  • Callum McFADZEAN
  • Ben TOZER
  • Jordan TUNNICLIFFE
  • Luke YOUNG
  • Owen CUSHION
  • Dan DAVIES
Offers

Steven FLETCHER, Mark HOWARD and Aaron JAMES will be offered new contracts.

Automatic Extension

James McCLEAN will remain with the Club for the 2024/25 season.

Decision Pending

A decision with regard to Scott BUTLER will be made when his successful loan spell at Marine FC has concluded.

Young Players

The Club will exercise the options to extend the contracts of Harry ASHFIELD, Callum EDWARDS, Liam HALL and James RAINBIRD for the 2024/25 season.

An offer will be made to Harry DEAN to become a first-year professional at the Club.

The following young players will also be released:

• Max HAYES
  • Michael HAYMAN
  • Jack PILKINGTON
  • Jake ROBERTS
  • Dan WRIGHT

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Correct calls for me. Tozer still has the legs to be a decent signing for a team in L2, and any side at that level who can get Hayden or Tunnicliffe fit would be making an excellent signing.

iesty wfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Young also proven in the latter half of the season he can still cut it at this level. Tranmere supposedly linked in January

Pilot_Phonic

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Young also proven in the latter half of the season he can still cut it at this level. Tranmere supposedly linked in January
You think? He's too slow on the ball and quite prone to being caught in possession. A very good, honest pro and a very good captain for most sides in L2, NL.

dan_wrexhamafc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Tozer wants to go make south so its a mutual agreement, don't think he would of been offered a deal anyway. Right calls by Parky for me. Hayden good enough but can't stay fit. Fletcher will be fine as long as we aren't planning on using him as anything other then a sub

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Fletcher and McClean offered contracts? Nice to see the investment in youth

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham

I sense in all your posts that you don't like us much. They might both be old but they are still quality players.

Seeing as you are concerned though. As a team who spent time in non league you will be aware that there is no academy funding down there so needed restarting and it's taking time to build our youth team back up to where it used to be. We did, however, end the season with a 21 year old home grown CB established in the team and our U18 team are also currently top of the EFL Youth Alliance NW, which is encouraging. So yeah we are investing in youth.

Thanks for asking.

Screenshot_20240503-190314.png

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
I sense in all your posts that you don't like us much. They might both be old but they are still quality players.

Seeing as you are concerned though. As a team who spent time in non league you will be aware that there is no academy funding down there so needed restarting and it's taking time to build our youth team back up to where it used to be. We did, however, end the season with a 21 year old home grown CB established in the team and our U18 team are also currently top of the EFL Youth Alliance NW, which is encouraging. So yeah we are investing in youth.

Thanks for asking.

View attachment 20261
One home grown player? Wow.

Don't take offence, I don't like anyone.

Pilot_Phonic

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
This is our youth policy! :D

Seriously, we have 2 lads in our squad who are local. 1 lad went to Brighton a fair few years ago, got released and came back home. He did come through Wrexham till he was 16.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
wrong thread

Last edited:

ForzaCounty

Massive Member
Reaction score
Supports
Stockport Culture Club
The following players are under contract for the 2024/25 season:
Ethan Pye
Neill Byrne
Jack Stretton
Akil Wright
Fraser Horsfall
Kyle Knoyle
Ibby Touray
Callum Camps
Will Collar
Odin Bailey
Nick Powell
Isaac Olaofe
Kyle Wootton
Ashton Mee
Jidechi Okeke

The following players will depart the club following the end of their contracts:
Todd Kane
Ryan Croasdale
Myles Hippolyte
Jordan Smith
Bobby Jones
Taylor McMahon
Christian Mulindwa

The following out of contract players remain in dialogue with the club regarding extended terms:
Ryan Rydel
Cody Johnson
Ben Hinchliffe
Macauley Southam-Hales
Connor Lemonheigh Evans
Antoni Sarcevic

The following loan players have now returned to their parent clubs:
Ben Knight
Rhys Bennett
Lewis Cass
Louie Barry
Rico Richards
Ethan Bristow
Additionally, the excellent Paddy Madden has turned down the offer of a new contract and will be leaving Edgeley Park, which I'm truly gutted about. Even at his age he's far too good for L2.

Also very sad to see Croasdale leave, but he's fallen out of favour recently and doesn't look like the management reckon he'll step up to L1. No real surprises anywhere else.

Master D

Reaction score
Supports
The Natural Order
Madden and Stockport falling out over money. What an awful end.

ForzaCounty

Massive Member
Reaction score
Supports
Stockport Culture Club
Madden and Stockport falling out over money. What an awful end.
Offered one year, wanted two, from what I hear.

Can see him going to a team that desperately need to add some true quality to their forward line. Wrexham, maybe.

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
What’s the thinking behind Madden only being offered a year long deal? I get he’s 32 but you’d imagine he’d have plenty to offer in L1 for a couple of seasons?

Pilot_Phonic

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Madden is 34. A 2 year deal offers more security in 12 months time at this point in his career.

Master D

Reaction score
Supports
The Natural Order
Offered one year, wanted two, from what I hear.

Can see him going to a team that desperately need to add some true quality to their forward line. Wrexham, maybe.
I'd take him as backup to Mullin probably.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Additionally, the excellent Paddy Madden has turned down the offer of a new contract and will be leaving Edgeley Park, which I'm truly gutted about. Even at his age he's far too good for L2.

Also very sad to see Croasdale leave, but he's fallen out of favour recently and doesn't look like the management reckon he'll step up to L1. No real surprises anywhere else.

What happened with Myles Hippolyte? Last season he seemed like your best player but then got injured and you didn't do as good without him, am I correct?

Do you think he would be good for a top 7 L2 team next season?

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
What’s the thinking behind Madden only being offered a year long deal? I get he’s 32 but you’d imagine he’d have plenty to offer in L1 for a couple of seasons?
He’s 34.

I’m really sad he’s leaving but it’s right we won’t be offering a 34-year-old a two year deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotox
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!
4K UK IPTV