Promotion thread

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Unless he repeats the same form in the first 10 games next season he will be.

Fans will be rightfully on his back from the off next season if we get off to a poor start. He’s used his honeymoon period, and all credit already. He’s completely divided the fans within 12 games, his tactics, team selection and style of football are hopeless.

Can only but hope he really shows us something different next season - it can’t possibly be any worse than it has been to date.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Fans will be rightfully on his back from the off next season if we get off to a poor start. He’s used his honeymoon period, and all credit already. He’s completely divided the fans within 12 games, his tactics, team selection and style of football are hopeless.

Can only but hope he really shows us something different next season - it can’t possibly be any worse than it has been to date.

It will be better next season Adam, I’m not particularly happy at all with him obviously but we will have a much better squad than Swindon next season and in all likelihood he would of got them in the play-offs so I’m sure he’s just about capable doing the same here.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Whilst it’s entirely possible, how do you know you’ll have a better squad than anyone next season?

I’m glad he’s staying with you, tbh. One less club to worry about!

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
Adam why dont you just fuck off ,all you ever do is slag him off

This is a beautiful beautiful thing :gr:

He’s right to slag him off, he’s been inept pure and simple. A manager coming and changing absolutely nothing and saying just keep doing what you are doing , or a temporary appointment from within the club would of achieved more than 12 points with that team,squad and level of confidence.

Delighted to read he has a summer to get his own players in and give it a go next season. Excellent news for Nottinghamshire Football :2thumb:

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
Even as an outsider i can see why he does,Fatty Evans left you in a healthy position but all the previous hard work comes to nothing because of his ineptitude you were warned by Swindon fans,still it let us nip in for 3rd spot which wouldn't have happened had Evans not buggered off to Peterborough. :gr:

He’s right you know, 3rd would of been Mansfield’s I’m confident of it

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
Seriously pissed off tonight twats like manchesters demi god adam just make it worse ,we missed out because a fat cnut let mansfield town and iits fans badly hope he gets his comeuppance one day

Hello Bargain Stag Abroad , your comical faith in David “The Handbrake” Flitcroft is adorable even after overseeing an incredible choke job. Very disappointing from Nottinghamshire’s second best side :woot:

But you do get a couple of things correct, Adam does indeed live in Manchester now, I’m not sure how you know Cos he hardly ever mentions it. Maybe he’s embarrassed of Mansfield as a town / place to live

And more importantly you hit the nail on the head, don’t blame the players , Flitcroft or the Radfords for the appointment the blame should sit firmly at the feet of Fatty McFatFat , Snr Evans the guy who’s record at other clubs you used to show off about :dk: his sudden greedy mercenary backstabbing actions caused this Choke job of epic proportions. Ironic seeing as Adam loves a good choke job lol

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
From the outside, Radford has to take his fair share of the blame. I said at the time that I could see it going tits up because Flitcroft is experienced and head strong to want to come straight in and implement his own ideas, which was the last thing it needed. He should’ve left someone already at the club in charge until the end of the season. Perhaps a sign of a lack of football experience and no one advising him?

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
No one to advise him Jacob?? He’s got his Chief Exec / Wife for footballing input.

Completely agree with your comments , although surely nobody thought it would go quite this ‘tits up’!! A point a game , and no wins in 6 at home is a simply stunning jaw dropping performance .

But I have faith in Flitcroft , once he gets his own players in and has a full pre season.:ohy:
Is Danny Rose Available? Would quiet like him at Meadow Lane

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
We already have a better squad than Swindon so it’s not like we have to play catch-up is it.

On Radford, his managerial appointments have always been mediocre at best so far. But this is a bloke that’s brought Field Mill off Haslam, is along with other directors building a £2 million pound training facility, building a Hilton Hotel at the ground and generally turned the fortune of the club around massively.

We have one of the best owner in English football.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
He’s certainly a clear step up from Ray Trew and doing tremendous things, off-field. This is also where Trew concentrated his efforts and money. Less so the football side

The training facility is an excellent move, as currently there I should clearly no point building a 4th stand

Hilton in Mansfield is a strange one, thought Premier Inn or Holiday Inn would be a better fit. I will watch that one with professional interest.

Last edited:

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
We already have a better squad than Swindon so it’s not like we have to play catch-up is it.

On Radford, his managerial appointments have always been mediocre at best so far. But this is a bloke that’s brought Field Mill off Haslam, is along with other directors building a £2 million pound training facility, building a Hilton Hotel at the ground and generally turned the fortune of the club around massively.

For sure, but might it be worth him swallowing pride a bit and bringing in someone with a history of working in football to advise him on things like appointing managers?

I know our appointment of Nolan was basically led by Darren Fletcher, the commentator, who works closely with Hardy and seems to have picked incredibly well.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
It’s a complete lottery picking managers, no rhyme or reason to it, no science to it and there is certainly no ‘art’ to it, that’s obviously according to the Trews , after all those miserable gambles, sorry I mean managerial appointments. I lost count.

If that’s true , we owe Darren Fletcher a few pints.

It may not be pretty, it isn’t, but compared to the past it’s a very solid pick, and due to his young managerial age, a very promising selection.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon

But that’s the whole point of the Flitcroft argument. You just can’t trust the bloke with recruitment. He’ll jettison those you reckon are decent, have his shitty favourites and recruit, largely, dross. But my other point is, you have no idea how other clubs will recruit. And, again, this comes back to Flitcroft. I’d expect us to be more competitive next season with a manager who knows his biscuits.

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
People on here know that I always want the strongest side to go up - one less decent side in our way next season if we find ourselves at the top end of the table. Going on this reasoning, I'd want Coventry or Lincoln to go up, as both sides will surely challenge next year if they fail this time round.

Thing is I find myself rooting for Exeter as I reckon they play footy the right way. If not them then I'd want Cov as IMO they are this division's best footballing side overall, and the way they spread the ball around is pleasing on the eye. Still got questions on their back four though.

As for Notts, I don't think they did enough this season to go up so I hope it's not them. I also felt the same way about AFCW (thought they didn't deserve to go up) when they won the play offs though so I don't know......

Re. the Imps, I said back in January that if they make the play offs then they'd be my favs to go up, and I haven't changed my mind on this. Dull footy but darn effective, and I believe Danny Cowley simply thrives on the big one off matches.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
I wouldn’t worry yourself too much about it Vanni. I agree about Notts although we’ve ahead of Cov and Lincoln pretty much all season and at times by 10+ points I don’t think we have done enough. Doesn’t feel like a promotion season, but we have a good chance and it’s great to be involved and not an also ran.

I fancy the Imps to win it

Wooderson

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Just heard Flitcroft's interview on Radio Nottingham in which he said the Mansfield squad was horribly unbalanced and intimated he 'didn't know it was this bad' until he took the job. Pretty unbelievable considering it was a squad that looked nailed on for 3rd until Evans left. Sounds like he's planning big changes too...

Youpies

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Can’t see that Hilton hotel lasting. Who would honestly want to stay there? It’s miles from Nottingham

Youpies

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Just heard Flitcroft's interview on Radio Nottingham in which he said the Mansfield squad was horribly unbalanced and intimated he 'didn't know it was this bad' until he took the job. Pretty unbelievable considering it was a squad that looked nailed on for 3rd until Evans left. Sounds like he's planning big changes too...

To be fair it is a big squad. Hard to keep them all happy

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Can’t see that Hilton hotel lasting. Who would honestly want to stay there? It’s miles from Nottingham

It’s going to be another non-match day income, Notts County could do with some of that!

But that’s the whole point of the Flitcroft argument. You just can’t trust the bloke with recruitment. He’ll jettison those you reckon are decent, have his shitty favourites and recruit, largely, dross. But my other point is, you have no idea how other clubs will recruit. And, again, this comes back to Flitcroft. I’d expect us to be more competitive next season with a manager who knows his biscuits.

I’ll let ya know regarding recruitment but yeah I’m not very confident, but if can get you in and around the play-offs I’m sure he can with Mansfield.

I’m fully aware if the budget stays similar we should be competing for the top three like under Evans mind.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
Non-match day income Conks? Is that to make up for a lack of matchday income? Must be heartbreaking for the bloke

All non- matchday income is a good move, but I know Hilton’s requirements and criteria for a site. And Mansfield as a town doesn’t meet them. Will watch with interest.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town

How’re notts getting on with reducing that £1.5m loss a season?

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
It’s going to be another non-match day income, Notts County could do with some of that!

I’ll let ya know regarding recruitment but yeah I’m not very confident, but if can get you in and around the play-offs I’m sure he can with Mansfield.

I’m fully aware if the budget stays similar we should be competing for the top three like under Evans mind.

But Swindon were in the playoffs (or close by - I can’t be arsed to look) when he took over at Mansfield from Swindon, and he took us out of the playoffs when top 3 looked good.

I personally can’t see how folk lazily (not saying you’re one of those) believe were going too make the plagoffs under him when his tactics were so bad

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county

Who knows? But with big crowds, an FA cup run and potentially promotion on a relatively modest budget, probably quite well.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Who knows? But with big crowds, an FA cup run and potentially promotion on a relatively modest budget, probably quite well.

Probably. Maybe only half a million this year. Would be in impressive.

Youpies

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Ahh Adam. Probably gonna end up getting paid for just like yours.

Glass houses, bald men, etc

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC

I’m not the chairman so can’t be 100%, but a season average of over 8000 is surely going to help don’t ya think?

How’s the average 4300 at Field MFI paying for that total squad wage? I'd say the Hilton can’t come soon enough.

Imp in Branston

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
People on here know that I always want the strongest side to go up - one less decent side in our way next season if we find ourselves at the top end of the table. Going on this reasoning, I'd want Coventry or Lincoln to go up, as both sides will surely challenge next year if they fail this time round.

Thing is I find myself rooting for Exeter as I reckon they play footy the right way. If not them then I'd want Cov as IMO they are this division's best footballing side overall, and the way they spread the ball around is pleasing on the eye. Still got questions on their back four though.

As for Notts, I don't think they did enough this season to go up so I hope it's not them. I also felt the same way about AFCW (thought they didn't deserve to go up) when they won the play offs though so I don't know......

Re. the Imps, I said back in January that if they make the play offs then they'd be my favs to go up, and I haven't changed my mind on this. Dull footy but darn effective, and I believe Danny Cowley simply thrives on the big one off matches.
I wouldn’t worry yourself too much about it Vanni. I agree about Notts although we’ve ahead of Cov and Lincoln pretty much all season and at times by 10+ points I don’t think we have done enough. Doesn’t feel like a promotion season, but we have a good chance and it’s great to be involved and not an also ran.

I just don't see us winning the play offs. It's not just a bad time to be picking up injuries to an already small squad, I feel it's probably a season too soon and will probably fall short in terms of that extra bit of quality. Whatever happens it's been a very successful first time back in the FL and I fully expect we will be there or thereabouts again next season.

I think it will be Coventry who go up with Accy, Luton and Wycombe, though they will have to defend a lot better than a few weeks ago when we played them.

Last edited:

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Ahh Adam. Probably gonna end up getting paid for just like yours.

Glass houses, bald men, etc

Not really. I don’t recall many clubs, certainly not ours losing £1.5m a year.

If he’s got it down to manageable levels then fair play to them. Something seriously wrong to be attracting the gates you do and still make such losses.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
What do you mean not really? You think your very modest gate receipts cover your wage bill?

You have to speculate to accumulate Adam , everyone in business knows that. Otherwise you stagnate and your attendances for example stay disappointingly low even when (at the time) you have the best home record in the division. You know what I mean?

Amber Nectar

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!