Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
2E1ED62B-24F5-488E-827D-56ED646CF8DE.jpeg

Wooderson

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Feels like not the worst time to be playing Grimsby, with their Covid outbreak and McAtee possibly out(?), and on the back of a morale sapping defeat at Wealdstone. We’re in decent form too with 7 from the last 9, should have been 9. And no injuries.

Looking like a GENUINE sell out too, with 950 of our 1200 already gone.

Going for a crazily optimistic 1-2 away win.

EDIT either that or a 3-0 home win, LJL hat trick

Last edited:

SuperHans

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Tough game away at Dagenham.

With our injuries I'd take a point now. I can't see us getting all 3 points with the team that finished the game on Tuesday night. Khan won't start (Rowe said he only had 20 minutes in him on Tuesday) which means Mandeville (no goals or assists in league games) is our 'creative' midfielder until Khan comes on to replace him on 60 minutes.

Weston injured in midfield and Kellerman taken off with a tight hamstring possibly leads to a start for Jak McCourt who has been dreadful this season when seen. Danny Rowe left out due to sickness and not been training so unlikely to start.

Line up will probably be something like:

Loach
Kerr Grimes Maguire
King Oyeleke McCourt Miller
Mandeville
Payne Tshimanga

Sold 450 odd of the 600 allocation as of 6am this morning. Expect we will sell the lot by Saturday. Decent effort considering the distance.

Ooh Aah Paskin

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Well, without Mullin we won't score most likely so Torquay will get at least a draw.
Big crowd, Owners in the ground.... Torquay win all over it!

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Really worried for this, no doubt LJL up top who’s even worrying Gladders by now surely.

If McAtee is out as well as Taylor then I can only see a Notts Win/Draw, we look a totally different team. Fingers crossed that Clifton and Hunt are back in with Coke back to the bench, might give us some hope.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Big game feel to this one. We need to go there and win really if we have aspirations of winning the league. I think we’re a few points off where we should be - we are yet to lose a game with either Cameron or Rawlinson in the side and have been going along quite nicely either side of a disastrous week where they both got injured and we completely fell apart at the back.

We’ll likely be unchanged if everyone came through the Bromley game okay - Rodrigues went off with a slight knock late on, would be a huge blow to lose him but no suggestion he’ll be missing. Leaving a player of Roberts’ quality on the bench is ridiculous really, but the team does look a lot more balanced:

Patterson
Brindley - Rawlinson - Cameron
DKE - Vincent - Palmer - O’Brien - Taylor
Rodrigues - Wootton

Saw Hurst get some stick for playing 4-4-2 on Tuesday - be amazed if he does that against us considering we usually have five across there plus Ruben dropping back and one of the centre backs stepping out.

Shrimpurh

Reaction score
Supports
Southend
Nailed on loss

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Feels like not the worst time to be playing Grimsby, with their Covid outbreak and McAtee possibly out(?), and on the back of a morale sapping defeat at Wealdstone. We’re in decent form too with 7 from the last 9, should have been 9. And no injuries.

Looking like a GENUINE sell out too, with 950 of our 1200 already gone.

Going for a crazily optimistic 1-2 away win.

EDIT either that or a 3-0 home win, LJL hat trick
Away end holds 1800 so will only be a GENUINE sellout if you shift that initial allocation plus another 600.
Really worried for this, no doubt LJL up top who’s even worrying Gladders by now surely.

If McAtee is out as well as Taylor then I can only see a Notts Win/Draw, we look a totally different team. Fingers crossed that Clifton and Hunt are back in with Coke back to the bench, might give us some hope.
The one constant and comforting factor is that the defence has been quality all season. Proper organised Hursty unit. I think we'll see a return to the usual shape with Clifton and Hunt coming in. McAtee's injury didn't look too bad to me and fuck knows what's going on with Taylor. The annoying thing about COVID is that any outbreak acts as a smokescreen to cover up and not give updates on other injuries as they're not confirming who is out with the virus and who is injured.

Big test for us, but I think we've got enough about us to bounce back and get a win here. Will be a hell of a lot more confident about that if we have Taylor back though.

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Away end holds 1800 so will only be a GENUINE sellout if you shift that initial allocation plus another 600.

The one constant and comforting factor is that the defence has been quality all season. Proper organised Hursty unit. I think we'll see a return to the usual shape with Clifton and Hunt coming in. McAtee's injury didn't look too bad to me and fuck knows what's going on with Taylor. The annoying thing about COVID is that any outbreak acts as a smokescreen to cover up and not give updates on other injuries as they're not confirming who is out with the virus and who is injured.

Big test for us, but I think we've got enough about us to bounce back and get a win here. Will be a hell of a lot more confident about that if we have Taylor back though.
Yeah I’ve got a niggling feeling Taylor might just be injured.

It’s rather infuriating that we didn’t bring in a forward as back-up, I get some of the thinking behind it but it doesn’t make any sense to me. Our fans used the fact we have goals from all over the pitch as a reason, but when they’re coming from quality like McAtee and Taylor feeding them, then it loses its merit as a reason for me.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Worst bit about our form is I can't come on here and start doing the usual jokes about Paul Hurst shitting it, can't lose it from here, rumours he shat himself on the way to Wealdstone etc.

Big shame. Fucking Rusk the tit has ruined it for me.

Imagine the blood pressure in Grimsby if old Stocky had his tail up.

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980

Said all along we needed to sign a goal scorer even with winning games and goals all over. Think it was the Maidenhead or Bromley game were I said not having a goalscorer cost us and someone, SoC I believe, said a goalscorer wouldn't have made a difference. Even McAtee and Taylor are not going to score 20+ from a full season, they will probably get in the low teens. But we needed someone like Tshimanga/Mullin, a player that will win games for you when the rest of the attack is having a bad day.

Hurst has got away with it so far, because we have been winning and scoring from all over the pitch, but as soon as we have one or two injuries up front its going to go back to the previous of 1-0 wins that sometimes end up as draws or 1-0 losses due to not being able to find that goal.

Hopefully with Clifton's energy and Hunts ability we should be alright but Notts will be harder than someone like Wealdstone even with them two back.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Yeah I’ve got a niggling feeling Taylor might just be injured.

It’s rather infuriating that we didn’t bring in a forward as back-up, I get some of the thinking behind it but it doesn’t make any sense to me. Our fans used the fact we have goals from all over the pitch as a reason, but when they’re coming from quality like McAtee and Taylor feeding them, then it loses its merit as a reason for me.
Yeah, it's madness when you see the Chesterfield posters going on about their list of about 4 or 5 players who are currently out that would walk into every side of the division while they're still tearing it up without them...meanwhile the league leaders are desperately hoping their one decent striker is back in time for Saturday.
Worst bit about our form is I can't come on here and start doing the usual jokes about Paul Hurst shitting it, can't lose it from here, rumours he shat himself on the way to Wealdstone etc.

Big shame. Fucking Rusk the tit has ruined it for me.

Imagine the blood pressure in Grimsby if old Stocky had his tail up.
Haha, would have been a bit premature tbh. We've still taken 12 points from the last 15. at least wait until Notts beat us and you've got Nigel Adkins or Ronald Koeman or someone in charge, I say.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Haha, would have been a bit premature tbh. We've still taken 12 points from the last 15. at least wait until Notts beat us and you've got Nigel Adkins or Ronald Koeman or someone in charge, I say.
No it's a rule that whoever is top of the league and loses any game or whatever, they get rightly accused of bottling and premature celebrations being put on hold.

If we were a few points behind, in 4th or something, I'd have gone massive. Hurst has a surprise party celebrating the league this coming Saturday night and if they beat Notts it's a done deal etc.

But I can't. Because we're like 12th and just lost at home to Barnet who by the way, and I always credit a side who beats us and plays well, were absolutely fucking awful.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town

Said all along we needed to sign a goal scorer even with winning games and goals all over. Think it was the Maidenhead or Bromley game were I said not having a goalscorer cost us and someone, SoC I believe, said a goalscorer wouldn't have made a difference. Even McAtee and Taylor are not going to score 20+ from a full season, they will probably get in the low teens. But we needed someone like Tshimanga/Mullin, a player that will win games for you when the rest of the attack is having a bad day.

Hurst has got away with it so far, because we have been winning and scoring from all over the pitch, but as soon as we have one or two injuries up front its going to go back to the previous of 1-0 wins that sometimes end up as draws or 1-0 losses due to not being able to find that goal.
It's tough though, as there just don't seem to be any strikers around that are available. Fully agree with all you've said there, however I still stand by that comment I made regarding the lack of goalscorer costing us the points at Maidenhead as we just weren't given a sniff in the box at all other than Sousa's goal. There were a few balls whipped across on Tuesday that a proper number 9 could have attacked though, so it was definitely something we missed then.

Limerick Mariner

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
I don’t think there is any doubt that we have a budget for a No. 9 but we dont know what level. PH won’t do a panic buy and the lack of quality options that will strengthen rather than just add a body has been the issue. I had the forlorn hope that this would be the week we made a move - but not for Omar Boyle…

John Still

Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham
Tough game away at Dagenham.

With our injuries I'd take a point now. I can't see us getting all 3 points with the team that finished the game on Tuesday night. Khan won't start (Rowe said he only had 20 minutes in him on Tuesday) which means Mandeville (no goals or assists in league games) is our 'creative' midfielder until Khan comes on to replace him on 60 minutes.

Weston injured in midfield and Kellerman taken off with a tight hamstring possibly leads to a start for Jak McCourt who has been dreadful this season when seen. Danny Rowe left out due to sickness and not been training so unlikely to start.

Line up will probably be something like:

Loach
Kerr Grimes Maguire
King Oyeleke McCourt Miller
Mandeville
Payne Tshimanga

Sold 450 odd of the 600 allocation as of 6am this morning. Expect we will sell the lot by Saturday. Decent effort considering the distance.
If you sell out you’ll get another block, we barely have 100 fans in that stand for games so plenty of room. In terrible league form so don’t see us winning this one specially without McCallum, would take a draw.

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
How many tickets have Torquay sold?

With us opening up the top tier of the away area to home fans, we should have close to 10,000 there on Saturday. It'll be Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney's first home game which has no doubt led to any areas that have been put on sale selling out right away. The buzz around the town has understandably been huge in the last couple of days due to their presence, they were in the Turf last night having a pint with a number of regulars who were chosen by the landlord to attend.

Without Paul Mullin, we severely lack firepower up front. Dior Angus and Jordan Ponticelli will likely start up front, who between them have 11 goals in 67 appearances for the club and are both lacking in confidence. Should we start poorly, the silence among the large crowd will be deafening and the pressure will only build. If we are to win, the goals are more likely to come from set pieces with Jordan Davies showing some very good form in that department as of late.

Optipez

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Never seen us get anything other than a gentle hammering at Grimsby, been three times, three defeats. I'd take a point now although we have to close that gap if we're serious about going for more than sixth or seventh.
I think Taylor will be out for us, pulled up late in the game on Tuesday and he had strapping on his hamstring. Hope not as he's been miles better the last couple of matches.

Leewilson

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham and Redbridge
Good and bad time to be playing Chesterfield. Their injury list gives us hope but then I think us missing McCallum, Walker and from what I hear Matt Robinson has racked up a 1 game ban for 5 yellow cards. 3 huge players to be missing. Going to need a very very good performance to get anything. Not sure we're in the right form to be beating them right now.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Never seen us get anything other than a gentle hammering at Grimsby, been three times, three defeats. I'd take a point now although we have to close that gap if we're serious about going for more than sixth or seventh.
I think Taylor will be out for us, pulled up late in the game on Tuesday and he had strapping on his hamstring. Hope not as he's been miles better the last couple of matches.

If Taylor’s out that would be a big blow, think we’d have to consider four at the back again as Chicksen isn’t a wing back at all. Although we could maybe balance it out by bringing Nemane in on the right?

MrGloverLover

Reaction score
Supports
Yeovil Town
Solihull away. We have the 3rd worst attack and 4th best defence so it'll be 1-0 but who knows which way.

Four of our loanees have gone back this week so we're down to three to choose from. Sergeant Wilko could be back after 9 games out which will be a massive boost, especially given his heroics at Damson Park a couple of years ago when he scored the only goal then went between the sticks for the last 20 mins.

Cashis

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Good and bad time to be playing Chesterfield. Their injury list gives us hope but then I think us missing McCallum, Walker and from what I hear Matt Robinson has racked up a 1 game ban for 5 yellow cards. 3 huge players to be missing. Going to need a very very good performance to get anything. Not sure we're in the right form to be beating them right now.
War of the wounded on Saturday. We looked shattered at the end of Tuesday's match and Eastleigh pretty much nullified us going forwards and we resorted to countless longballs. Hopefully Tshimanga can pull us out the mud again.

Master D

Reaction score
Supports
The Natural Order
How many tickets have Torquay sold?

With us opening up the top tier of the away area to home fans, we should have close to 10,000 there on Saturday. It'll be Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney's first home game which has no doubt led to any areas that have been put on sale selling out right away. The buzz around the town has understandably been huge in the last couple of days due to their presence, they were in the Turf last night having a pint with a number of regulars who were chosen by the landlord to attend.

Without Paul Mullin, we severely lack firepower up front. Dior Angus and Jordan Ponticelli will likely start up front, who between them have 11 goals in 67 appearances for the club and are both lacking in confidence. Should we start poorly, the silence among the large crowd will be deafening and the pressure will only build. If we are to win, the goals are more likely to come from set pieces with Jordan Davies showing some very good form in that department as of late.
It's almost as big as Barroween.

We're getting Johnson'd out of contention on Saturday, make no mistake about it.

TheShayWay

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax
Bloody tough away game for us at Bromley.

I'll ignore the fact plastic pitches should be banned.

Hopefully we can stop Cheek increases our chances of getting something.

Our last league game for 3 weeks so hoping we can get something which would guarentee we are still in them the next time we play.

I wouldn't complain with a draw though. 1-1

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Not too confident for this if John Lewis is up front by himself, as alluded to by others already Taylor and McAtee are huge losses for us so I’m just hoping that at least one of them is available but not looking likely.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Looks a really difficult game for us this coming weekend at Dagenham. I know some of their fans don’t seem to have much confidence on here, but when you look at the attackers they have, they can hurt anyone in this league… especially a team rocking up with TEN players potentially missing lol

I know JR said Khan was only ready for 20/25 mins on Tuesday, but for me, I’d be hoping to get 50/55 out of him this weekend which means he could start, and boy would he be up for it against his old side… at the same time though, I’m sure JR is considering whether that’s worth the risk when we’re already missing Weston, Clarke and potentially Kellerman in there. I’m also hopeful Rowe will be back as JR said he was ill but he was still at the game Tuesday so he can’t be that badly!!

Below is a very hopeful lineup depending on how some of them have recovered, but I’d go…

Loach
Kerr - Grimes - Maguire
King - Oyeleke - Khan - Kellerman - Miller
Rowe - Tshimanga

Subs:
Whittle
Payne
McCourt
Mandeville
Tyson (Or Gunning if fit enough)

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
No Mullin and Hyde (or Rees Hall Johnson, or Young) makes Saturdays game even harder. Hopefully Lainton comes back so we aren't subjected to Dibbles 'goalkeeping'.

Also, hopefully Ponticelli is so fired up after speaking to Ryan Reynolds he remembers how to score goals. I hear this years Torquay can be bullied so I am all for a one nil shithousing.

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Looks a really difficult game for us this coming weekend at Dagenham. I know some of their fans don’t seem to have much confidence on here, but when you look at the attackers they have, they can hurt anyone in this league… especially a team rocking up with TEN players potentially missing lol

I know JR said Khan was only ready for 20/25 mins on Tuesday, but for me, I’d be hoping to get 50/55 out of him this weekend which means he could start, and boy would he be up for it against his old side… at the same time though, I’m sure JR is considering whether that’s worth the risk when we’re already missing Weston, Clarke and potentially Kellerman in there. I’m also hopeful Rowe will be back as JR said he was ill but he was still at the game Tuesday so he can’t be that badly!!

Below is a very hopeful lineup depending on how some of them have recovered, but I’d go…

Loach
Kerr - Grimes - Maguire
King - Oyeleke - Khan - Kellerman - Miller
Rowe - Tshimanga

Subs:
Whittle
Payne
McCourt
Mandeville
Tyson (Or Gunning if fit enough)
I seen Rowe outside Nonnas earlier today and he looked chipper enough to me! Hopefully he'll play and we'll be down to just the 9 injured players

I also think Gunning might play. He'll rock up with one of those Rey Mysterio face masks and play through it, tough dude

Last edited:

TheEndIsNigh

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Not too confident for this if John Lewis is up front by himself, as alluded to by others already Taylor and McAtee are huge losses for us so I’m just hoping that at least one of them is available but not looking likely.

I can’t believe John Lewis is still playing let alone in contention for a decent side. Feels like he’s been round for years, he must be about 83. Apparently though he’s never undersold in contract negotiations hehehe.

I always feel like the Notts Eeyore on here so no confidence of a win. People thought we did well at Wrexham but I thought we were a bit passive against them and gave up a lot of chances, so hope for better here. Is that bar in the away end still open?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!