Half Term Report

rudebwoyben

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
This has been borrowed from the League 1 forum!
How do you assess your club's performance halfway through the season?
Manager - B-:
Martin Allen went through his usual phase where he made random team selections every week and selected Sam Muggleton so he could launch his throw-ons 50 times a match but he had recovered from that and the team were playing well when he decided to up sticks to £astleigh. So far the caretaker Eames/Newman duo have been doing well and to me, the job is there's for the taking.
Club - A:
We seem to be well-run, although there was a lot of justifiable griping over ticket prices. The Hive is continuing to be developed with the new stand making a real positive difference to the ground. We've also managed to make money from selling a few of our players without weakening our squad.

League - B: We're going about our business quietly and we've turned into a formidable team away from home which is amazing considering we've traditionally been terrible away from home in the Football League. Carry on like this and we'll be in contention for a play-off spot at the end of the season.

Cups - F: We had unkind draws in the two main cups but we didn't make a good account of ourselves in either tie (although the margin of defeat against Millwall in the EFL Cup was harsh). The Checkatrade Trophy isn't worth commenting on.

Overall- B

Last edited:

Richard Cranium

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Twitter
@jallsop93
Manager - D

Poor recruitment in the Summer from Murray. Players such as Hamilton and Hemmings just aren't good enough. Last year we had Lambe and Blair who were your average L2 wingers but much better than the 2 we've got now. Tactics were awful, We were hard to beat but it you'd rather watch your missus shag another bloke than watch us at home. Had to go whilst he's legend status at the club was still intact. Too early to comment on Evans, It's always just been about getting to the transfer window and then we will see what he can do.

Club - B

I'd of given a C but the ambition we've finally showed in getring a proven manager in bumps it upto a B. Off the pitch we are getting stronger all the time. A new hospitality lounge which is twice the size of the last one and well worth a game a season for your normal fan like us. Just a shame we've erected a scoreboard and it's absolutley laughable, Hardly surprising when you realise Paul Broughton was behind it. Ticket prices are still too high for the kids but they've intoroduced a family ticket which is 1 adult and 1 kid for £18 which you can't knock. Fucked if you've got 2 kids mind, means you might have to take the missus to the game..

League - D:

We have been rubbish, A good job that the league is so tight in the middle that if we get January right there is no reason we can't get into the play offs. Rubbish at home all season, We've been better under Evans, But it does look as though the players no they won't be here much longer and it's showing in the performances. We were ok away under Murray but it's no good getting points away whilst not winning at home.

Cups - U:

Out in the first round of the Leauge and FA cup with both games being at home. We seem to be taking the LDV Freightjohnstones leyland trophy seriously in the one year nobody gives a toss about.

Overall- D

TimeyWimey

Sustainable
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Manager - D
Started off better than I thought but decent league position masked the fact we weren't winning many games. Another summer of poor signings and the same false promises with the same excuses rolled out weekly. Still oblivious to his own failings and the 3 1/2 year decline rumbles on largely thanks to him. But he tries his best, apparently. L fucking O fucking L.

Club - Waste of fucking space
Sticking with the same manager due to the delusions we're somehow different to others. Happy to boast about giving managers time whilst we spiral into non-league. An absolute fucking disgrace in the handling of the abuse scandal, with no statement for nearly a week. This allowed the national media to ravage our reputation and, to be honest, I don't think we'll recover from it once all inquiries are done. It's become a home for geriatrics to pass the time in their own world with zero interest in the reality of football, fans are just a nusience to them. The sooner half of them leave and the other half stop having any control over the club, the better.

League - C
The fact we're not in the bottom two is a plus. The fact we could finish in the bottom two is worrying. But we drew with Carlisle so get the party poppers out.

Cups - U

Did we enter them?

cufc17

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle
Manager - A
Curle recruited well in the summer and has made us very hard to beat in the league. The football hasn't been as exciting since the first few games but we've remained solid throughout. Certainly got his flaws but I'd argue he's one of the better managers at this level.

Club - C
Some fans still aren't happy with the current custodians, some supposedly boycotting home games, but I doubt very many. We've shown some ambition so far (hopefully more in January) and have almost fully recovered after last year's floods, so not all bad.

League - A
Whilst I was expecting a good season, I didn't think we'd have just one defeat after 22 games. Sitting in 3rd with a five-point gap to the play-off chasers, very good position to be in at this stage. We've got the best home form in the league, though we might have to improve our away form a bit.

Cups - C
Started off well in the cups, beat Port Vale in the League Cup and took Derby to penalties. Got past St Albans in the FA Cup but we were very disappointing at home to Rochdale, deservedly knocked out.

Overall - B

Tom_CUFC

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Manager - B-
A truly atrocious start, the side was bereft of any sort of goal scoring threat or creativity and he looked like a beaten man slouched in the dugout when Morecambe pegged us back to win at the Abbey in mid-September, 8 league games without a win, rooted to the bottom of the table, persisting with hopeless summer signings Long, Dallison, Adams and Pigott for far too long, and not getting anywhere near enough out of Luke Berry and Piero Mingoia, it would've been hard for him to complain if he'd got the boot after that. However, since integrating Uche Ikpeazu in to the team fully after that, we've been revitalised, and his mid-season signings of Uche and Brad Halliday have transformed the team completely, allowing us to get the best out of Luke Berry moving him further forward, and giving the rest of our midfield more freedom as a result, we now look like the team we expected to be, and that is as much Derry's doing as the poor form was at the start, which was hindered by the terrible medical handling of our highest paid striker, so he deserves credit for that. His record in his 13 months overall with us, despite that terrible run, is very good and he's certainly won most of the fans back over.

Club - A
Mostly for sticking with Derry when most of us would've pulled the trigger, although I don't think they would've waited too much longer, if the losses had continued and we'd missed out on Evans then the fanbase wouldn't have been particularly happy. Financially sound, commercially still doing very well, and apart from the food being a bit shit there've been no major hiccups so far this season, so hard to find any complaints.

League - B
In the playoffs is exactly where we were targeting so it can't be anything less than that, but the start certainly knocks it down a couple of notches as it was truly, truly awful. More than made up for it in recent weeks though and hopefully our ascent will continue and that will turn into an A by May.

Cups - A-
A cracking win over Sheffield Wednesday in the League Cup followed by a galiant extra time defeat at Wolves in round 2 when in the midst of our terrible league run is worthy of credit, although not as much as our last two FA Cup games when we looked down and out at Dover, twice, before staging a really gutsy comeback, and then annihilating Coventry in round 2 which has set us up with a juicy home tie against Leeds, on TV and set to be a sellout so more cash in the bank there. I'm only knocking it down from an A because of our progress in the EFL Trophy, although we regain some credit for our record low home attendances.

Overall - B+

BeesKnees

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet FC
Manager - C Allen \ B+ Rossi:
Allen messed about and we suffered some dreadful defeats, conceding 4 against Exeter and Pompey due to his choices, his hoof\ chuck ball was proving ineffective so he reluctantly changes the playing style to something a bit more recognisable as footy before buggering off for more money. Rossi made a mistake in the team selection against Stevenage but otherwise it's been solid and our players who like the ball at their feet have looked much more effective

Club - C+:
Hiked up prices by stupid margins, introduced ID cards for football matches (Including non season ticket memberships), moved family seating to uncovered area and converted the best bar into a fake Nandos. The white elephant stand is built, only clubs with decent followings are likely to use it and it has been built despite being refused planning permission because yet again the owner pushes the limits of what has been agreed. Only plus is a new press officer who is much more active. If it wasnt for recent giveaway ticket offers then crowd numbers would be on the floor.

League - A:
More than happy if we stay clear of relegation and finish top half. Much will depend on whether we keep Akinde in Jan

Cups - U: Unclassified

Overall- B

Last edited:

LongEatonPie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County, Long Eaton United
Notts County - Expelled for being so.......

PaulHaddock

people person
Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Manager(s): B-

Hurst set us up to be defensive with hard workers and he's generally brought in good players, except for a couple of bad and pointless signings. Left us to pursue a career higher, can't argue with that.
Bignot has come in and tried to change the style immediately, to not great effect, shown by our poor performances. Not too worried, I'll let him get his own players in January and reassess him then.

Club: D

Fallouts over the mascot, lack of communication over the manager situation, no season ticket promotion and an apparent budget reduction. Bit shambolic for the most part. They've got in some professional to push the stadium campaign along and brought in a (potentially) good manager; time will tell.

League: B

Though we've moved down from our lofty heights of 6th (!), most people expected us to be mid/lower-mid table or even near the bottom. To be 12th after Christmas leaves us right on course to either push for a playoff campaign or establish ourselves ready for next season. Some nice victories over Plymouth, Stevenage and Luton have been mixed with some crap performances against Colchester, Hartlepool and Portsmouth. I'm hopeful that some new signings in midfield will turn us into a better team, as I think our defence and strikers (providing Bogle stays) is sorted.

Cups: F

Dumped out of each cup at the first opportunity, saved from being a U by our battling performances against good opposition (Bolton and Derby).

GloverGing

Reaction score
Supports
Yeovil Town
Manager - B+: Way has made some decent signings like Khan and Lawless and improved players already at the club like Dolan and Lacey. Had a shaky start to the season with injuries but recovered and took us up into the playoffs. Has shown his inexperience at times with his substitutions and interviews.

Club - E: The relationship between the club and the fans is at a real low, the catering at the ground is awful with the bars often running out of food and the supporter's bar a moldy tent, and tickets are some of the most expensive in the league. The only good thing is that we're not going bust (as far as I know).

League - B-: We're 18 points better off than this point last season and have played some really good football, topped with a 5-0 win against Crawley. However we have the worst away record in the league so there's definitely room for improvement.

Cups - C+: A good run in the League Cup resulted in a great day out at Goodison, but going out to Solihull in the first round of the FA cup and our continuing success in the Check-a-Trade brings the grade down.

Overall - B-

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
This'll be fun.

Managers: F+
Yessenthaler signs on despite having been a constant part of last season's ineptitude. Signs some absolute pish which gets augmented by Ryman Rob's foreign legion of doom. We play shit football and he is sacked.

Uncle Alberto arrives having not worked for 5 years since getting Sampdoria relegated. He doesn't speak English and his last good season as a manager was 17 years ago in a different country. Wins two of his 10 games in charge. Loses the other eight. We fail to score in 7 of them.

Now we have Andy Edwards who has performed miracles with the youth team. I would be enthused, but he started Jordan Bowery at left midfield the other week and I'd rather be euthanised than have to watch that. Will probably get us relegated.

Club: U
Fuck off Becchetti. And forget the £10,000,000 we now owe you for your services. And good luck with choosing manager #10 in February. And thanks for binning Dean Cox off - we didn't like him anyway.

League: E-
We set a new club record with 8 consecutive home defeats, so that'll be something to tell the grandkids about. Somehow not in the bottom two, which is something really positive to say about a League Two squad that was assembled for around £500,000 in transfer fees.

A narrow home defeat to Fulham reserves in the EFL cup provided the highlight of our home season until we scraped past 10-man Accy by the odd goal in one two weeks ago.

Followed by a 6-0 shellacking in the first round of the FA Cup that had everything: the home fans cheering when we completed a pass, a teenage goalkeeper not having a shot to save and a child making his professional debut scoring a hat-trick. Our worst defeat since before I was born.

We avoided a 'U' grade by going out of the Checkabomination at the first hurdle.

Overall: F

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Manager - E: Failing badly, majority of his 11 signings this season are either underwhelming, underachieving or untested, he sticks to this god awful lone striker formation that has seen us fall to the arse clenching reaches of the league once again, he constantly bigs up our players for transfers away from the club, which brings us on to the next point.

Club - E: Our chairman is the twitter friendly new age chairman, talks a load of bollocks online to please the simple minded ones, we basically don't have a pot to piss in, we've had three WUP's from HMRC in the past 6 months because he doesn't like to pay the taxman on time, the last one was for £105,000 (whoopsie!) I expect Trevor Carson and Nathan Thomas to not be Pools players by the time February rolls round.

League - E: Hignett wanted top 10 at the start of the season, we're bottom five as it stands, most goals conceeded in the league so far...

Cups - D: Big positive here, just for the fact that Hignett treated the PissPot Cup with the same disdain the fans did.

Overall - Pretty shit

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Manager - B
I like NJ, but I think he is one of those that you have to take the rough with the smooth. He is a really passionate bloke obviously which can be great at times like when we are grinding out away wins but at times I think he can let it get the better of him. There is some truth in Stills old saying of never too high and never too low. I think he is clearly still learning the ropes but I like that he is trying to install a team that looks to play and pass which will take time with the standard of player you get at this level. He has put together a young squad and he looks to actually use some of our youth team which is great to see but comes with its inconsistencies as we are currently seeing. The next few weeks will be interesting to see how he handles it, I think the first really rough patch under him is coming up with some poor recent results and some tough games coming up so be interesting to see how he handles it, could be a defining few weeks for him coming up.

Club - A++
Feels like we are making real progress off the pitch. The work put in by Gary Sweet and the board has been nothing short of amazing, anyone who went to see the stadium exhibitions will attest to that. We have bought the land upon which our new stadium will hopefully be and they are frantically working away to ensure that it gets the approval from the council. Fingers crossed but whatever happens no one can have any complaints that the club didn't do enough. Coupled with this they have backed a new manager once more and again put hands in pockets to get the players he wanted in. I cant see how any Luton fan can have many complaints here.

League - B-
We obviously started so well but it feels like we have stalled a little recently and with the defeat on boxing day leaving us 8 points short of 3rd place. I think the chances of challenging for automatic promotion are now fairly slim which is a real disappointment to me after the promising start to the season which now seems to have been squandered. Still, i think that playoffs was the realistic goal for this season and I am pretty optimistic that we should be able to feature in that picture. If we fall out of them though, that would be a serious failure.

Cups - A-
Pretty good, had a decent little run in the league cup and a nice win over Villa on the telly, we really should have beaten Leeds as well in the next round but for some dodgy finishing. Had a fairly uneventful passage to the 3rd round of the FA Cup only to get Accrington away, but we have a fair chance of getting through to the 4th Round with that draw so cant complain too much. Shouldn't count this as its not a real cup anymore but we have also successfully thumbed our noses/made a mockery of the FL with the performance of our youths/reserves in the Trophy.

Overall - B
A good start somewhat wasted, should really be aiming to maintain ourselves in the play offs the rest of the way and have set ourselves up for a potential cup run so overall not too bad but could have been better.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Manager - D

Poor recruitment in the Summer from Murray. Players such as Hamilton and Hemmings just aren't good enough. Last year we had Lambe and Blair who were your average L2 wingers but much better than the 2 we've got now. Tactics were awful, We were hard to beat but it you'd rather watch your missus shag another bloke than watch us at home. Had to go whilst he's legend status at the club was still intact. Too early to comment on Evans, It's always just been about getting to the transfer window and then we will see what he can do.

Club - B

I'd of given a C but the ambition we've finally showed in getring a proven manager in bumps it upto a B. Off the pitch we are getting stronger all the time. A new hospitality lounge which is twice the size of the last one and well worth a game a season for your normal fan like us. Just a shame we've erected a scoreboard and it's absolutley laughable, Hardly surprising when you realise Paul Broughton was behind it. Ticket prices are still too high for the kids but they've intoroduced a family ticket which is 1 adult and 1 kid for £18 which you can't knock. Fucked if you've got 2 kids mind, means you might have to take the missus to the game..

League - D:

We have been rubbish, A good job that the league is so tight in the middle that if we get January right there is no reason we can't get into the play offs. Rubbish at home all season, We've been better under Evans, But it does look as though the players no they won't be here much longer and it's showing in the performances. We were ok away under Murray but it's no good getting points away whilst not winning at home.

Cups - U:

Out in the first round of the Leauge and FA cup with both games being at home. We seem to be taking the LDV Freightjohnstones leyland trophy seriously in the one year nobody gives a toss about.

Overall- D

Nail hit firmly on the head there, Jake

George Reilly's Hairpiece

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Club - C+:
Hiked up prices by stupid margins, introduced ID cards for football matches (Including non season ticket memberships), moved family seating to uncovered area and converted the best bar into a fake Nandos. The white elephant stand is built, only clubs with decent followings are likely to use it and it has been built despite being refused planning permission because yet again the owner pushes the limits of what has been agreed. Only plus is a new press officer who is much more active. If it wasnt for recent giveaway ticket offers then crowd numbers would be on the floor
Goes without saying that I'd love a play-off push, but this is our biggest challenge.

Can't help but feel that the club are slightly out of step with what most fans want from a match day experience.

Sure I'm not alone in turning up at 14:55 watching the game and leaving at 17:00 as chicken restaurants mean nothing to me and lack of bar in the standing South Terrace.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Manager - C
Got it wrong in the summer and signed some absolute dross on loan. The one permanent signing ended up being farmed out on loan before the end of the transfer window. He spent far too long trying to get in two players that were on loan to us last season and I think it's fair to say he took his eye off the ball. With that being said, part of the deal with most players who signed for us last summer was get us up and you'll get a chance in the Football League. I admire Johnson's loyalty, even if that is what's cost us. A big month for him in January, and there's no doubt he's still the best man for the job.

Club - A
Forgetting our League position, we're all still pulling in the right direction. There were a couple of bell-ends at the end of the Boxing Day game, but by and large the team, management, board and fans are one as proven by our Crowdfunder success to buy a new scoreboard.

League - F
Lets call a spade a spade, we've not been good enough and some players have fallen way below the level. Despite what you read on here, not many Cheltenham fans expected us to go straight through the division, but we expected at least mid-table and maybe an assault on the playoffs. If you guarantee me 22nd at the end of the season now, I'll snap your hand clean off.

Cups - C
Decent win over Charlton in the EFL Cup earned a decent trip away at Newcastle, a game that we were never in really. In the Checkafraud we've given some of our best performances (sadly). The FA Cup was amazing, with our best performance of the season away at Crewe with us battering them 4-1, followed by a disastrous last minute goal defeat away at Sutton. Thank God they drew AFC Wimbledon in the 3rd round.

Overall - D
Despite being in the bottom 2 for God knows how long now, and winning only 4 games in 23 League games, I'm still confident we'll stay up. January is huge for us but we need to keep pulling together. There's a different atmosphere around the club to 2 years ago when we were relegated, it's a decent team spirit that will save us, and I'm sure there will be at least two worse teams come the end of the season.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Manager - A
Keith Curle is the reason why we're in the title race, through excellent recruitment of players and backroom staff, excellent tactical nous, forward thinking training methods and excellent morale management.

Club - C+
The club are owned by an old-boys club with all the lack of imagination, clinging on to status and power, and business conducted behind closed doors you might expect comes with that. They've largely lost the trust of the fans with some of their comments and the billionaire fiasco, and are probably the reason why attendances aren't higher. However to give credit where it's due, the people actually running the club day-to-day have brought some fresh ideas and it feels like we're slowly becoming part of the community again. Also, to be fair to the owners, there are far worse specimens out there.

League - A-
It's a worthy achievement that we've now played everyone and only lost once. The minus is just for the times we really should have done better, we've not been the most consistent or convincing, but if we win promotion then this is an A, if we win the title, it's an A+

Cups - D
We haven't really done anything in them this year, although were perhaps spoiled a bit last year. Going out at the second hurdle in both major competitions, and letting St Albans put two past us isn't going to feature strongly on the DVD of the season.

Overall - B+
Cups don't really weigh too heavily on this to me, so it's just a really good season with some boardroom nonsense keeping us from enjoying it more.

Last edited:

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
Manager - A
While he does do the odd strange decision, such as not using subs in the game immediately after the 120 minutes at Rodney Marshes, I think we have a gem here. Clearly, he has excellent attention to detail. Recruiting essentially a totally new squad and getting them top is quite an achievement, especially as we had a few weeks less than everyone else to prepare, demonstrating how good he is. He has, unlike Sheridan, a plan B and C as well (even if I do not always agree with them). My one gripe is that I personally struggle with his accent when he is being interviewed, he needs to make more frequent use of 'ere', 'bhey' and 'directly'. I think we have uncovered a manager who will go higher than Div 4.

Club - C
This is a mixed picture. They have supported Adams, and ostensibly paid off all the debts from administration (but have replaced them with new loans). I am concerned about the buying of the freehold, the last time this happened it ended in tears. Big tears. There is some new investment. The pitch is back to being the best in the division

However, despite some positives, this does not feel like a well-run club yet. The directors have stopped the rot, but we are not yet an efficient and effective club. The stewarding still need to be sorted, getting refreshment at half time is too often not successful, there have been big issues when crowds are bigger than normal and you have to question why our team all left last season? The completion of the ground still seems to be a pipedream.

League - B Plus
Amazingly the team has gelled in a short time, which is testiment to the coaches and players. Our away form is amazing, if only our home our was as good we would be out of sight now. I have yet to be convinced at home, we have ground out a lot of victories which is great, but only play well for twenty to thirty minute bursts. The potential is there, we have just not fully unlocked it yet (but appear to away from home).

Cup - A
Who cares about the two cups we are out of, the FA cup game at Anfield makes up for all the FA cup games I have seen us lose. Half a million might not be a lot to Wayne Rooney, but it sure is in janner land and will make a big difference.

Overall B plus
Will we flatter to deceive or finally get out if this bloody league? The jury is out, but it is looking better than last season.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Manager - A
My one gripe is that I personally struggle with his accent when he is being interviewed, he needs to make more frequent use of 'ere', 'bhey' and 'directly'.

If you ask me is it as good though as Keith Curle interviewing himself after every match, then I'd say no

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Manager: C-
Summer signings were generally very poor or ineffectual. Considering he has at least a moderate budget he should have been looking to sign some talent which would have made an impact in the first team. As it is we are still relying on our youth development products coming through the academy and an emergency journeyman signing (Reid) once the shit started hitting the fan. Not good enough, but just about "a pass".

Club: B+
The trust has shown it has at least some appetite to make the tougher calls and actually control the club a bit by issuing Tisdale notice on his contract. Steady progression on the stadium redevelopment is pleasing. A new 3G training pitch at the C&F training ground is also going to be useful over the coming seasons.

League: C-
The recent uptick in form is the only reason this scrapes a pass mark. Our home performances need to improve and with this team line up the target should be playoffs. Anything less than top half will be underperformance for this line-up but our inconsistency means I keep half expecting us to slump to a 20 game losing streak and be relegated.

Cups: U
Ungradable.
Complete gash.

Overall: C-
Just about scraping a pass mark at present. If we lose key players in January (like Watkins and Wheeler) and dont successfully replace them we could easily be back in the relegation battle.

Kenneth E End

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
So 23 games down, I don't think we're too far away to be honest. I'd have said the same after the game on Boxing Day too. We've beaten 8/11 teams in the top half; I think it proves that L2 is a very competitive league. Every team can beat each other and there are certainly no gimmes.

As a team I think we need just a couple of players in this transfer window - a striker and a strong midfielder. If we sign Jay Simpson in the next few days, that will certainly solve one of those gaps.

Nathan Jones will become an excellent manager and is already courting higher interest - we've got to remember as supporters that he's learning too and he's bound to make mistakes, which he has done on occasions. He's shown that hes not afraid to make changes. In my opinion, he'll be the next Wales manager if Chris Coleman is still there for a couple more years. His passion is unquestionable and certainly gets players playing.

As a club, you'll find it hard to find a board as committed, supportive, stable and professional as our current one. The club is certainly moving in the right direction - hopefully by this time next year, the first bricks will be going down on our new stadium. Financially we are stable and will have funds available to strengthen.

Hooped Wizard

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers
Manager - D-
Whilst his wife-beating days may be behind him Ferguson has struggled to get our defence sorted and struggles to hand the points to us away from home. He's learning though and considering he was on a U a mere 5 months ago improvement has clearly occurred.

Club C
Boring old man who's seen us decline massively and a huge fat oaf as DOF but always give our very bad managers funds.

League U
Dreadful. Next.

Cups U
Rubbish, but then that's not something that bothers me.

Overall B
The players aren't too bad, and they vastly improve the overall score.

Kenneth E End

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Manager - D-
Whilst his wife-beating days may be behind him Ferguson has struggled to get our defence sorted and struggles to hand the points to us away from home. He's learning though and considering he was on a U a mere 5 months ago improvement has clearly occurred.

Club C
Boring old man who's seen us decline massively and a huge fat oaf as DOF but always give our very bad managers funds.

League U
Dreadful. Next.

Cups U
Rubbish, but then that's not something that bothers me.

Overall B
The players aren't too bad, and they vastly improve the overall score.
Is this a wind up?

Hooped Wizard

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers
No, but I did forget to mention the players are a bunch of bottle-jobs.

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
Manager - C Allen \ B+ Rossi:

Club - C+:
Hiked up prices by stupid margins

We are, I think, over priced at £20, but £23 sounds a joke. What has happened to your attendance this year? Will you keep Akinde, I'd guess someone in League 1 might offer him a lot more and you peanuts.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Is this a wind up?
A quick glance at Doncaster's forum suggests not. I guess they haven't really adjusted to the distance they have fallen. Being at the top end of a division that less than two years ago was two divisions below them is unlikely to be cause to break out the bubbly for them.

Last edited:

Don Tonberry

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Manager: C

He has us in 4th place but has failed to learn the lessons from last season and his signings have been questionable. He has no excuses for not getting Pompey promoted this season.

Club: B

Seems like things are going well off the pitch. We're stable and that's all we can ask for after the previous four owners fucked us over in one way or another.

League: C

Currently sitting 7 points from the automatics which isn't quite good enough for a club that should be winning this division outright. There's still a chance we could finish in the top 3 but the next two games are key.

Out of the League Cup via Coventry and dumped out of the FA Cup against Wycombe, both at the first hurdle. Only saving grace is that we're no longer in the couldn'tgiveashit trophy.

Overall: C-

Just about satisfactory but the belief is that really should be doing better, especially as it seems like we're slightly weaker than last season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!