Cooper v Cowleys round 6

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Why does anyone call him McGoalsky? He's bloody useless.

Bit early to judge him don't you think? Did pretty well for Newport.

Posh Harry

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Lincoln deserved it no doubt but fuck me the amount of shithousery that comes from them is a disgrace. Ref Andy Davies was the weakest piece of shite I've seen all season, ignored everything including a blatant stamp on Doidge in the 1st minute by Shakell, the filthy twat. 0 bookings is an utter joke, a decent ref and it would have been 8 yellows and at least 1 red and at least one of the Cowleys sent to the stands for their constant haranguing of the officials. The c*** never stop or stay inside their technical area for that matter, but get away with it all the bloody time. And if Nicky Cowley ever goads our fans like that again I swear I'll run on and lamp the fucker, just celebrate with your own fans you cretin. And that fat fuck Rhead can fuck off as well the cheating bastard can't challenge without blatant pushes in the back sly elbows etc. Wouldn't mind him here though tbf quality player.

Anyway congrats Lincoln, quality side but you would be without all the gamesmanship and shithousery anyway so why do it?

Up against Lincoln we're a bunch of lightweights, men against boys.
Good job your not bitter about it Chris :animatedf:

Stripes

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
Why does anyone call him McGoalsky? He's bloody useless.

What was Cooper playing at yesterday!! Some very odd team selections against a vey talented and experienced side. Throwing in youngsters, McGinley and McCoulsky! And then putting Montgomery back in goal, following his injury. All that achieved was to show all his weaknesses. That has probably put his confidence back a long way! Poor desisions.

Our midfield is looking pretty week right now. Reece Brown, has been poor for quite some time. Winchester has never lived up to his billing for us. Digby is filling in, but he's not creative enough to play wide right. Although James gives the ball away some times, he is a better player than these three by a mile, should have started. Our strength this season has been our teamwork, no real big stars. But we're too predictable, everyone knows what to expect for the most part. This has led to teams exploiting us and making reasonable players look poor. We have to learn some more tricks, because the alternative is to continually churn players ready for next season.

Lincoln deserved there win, although they did make quite hard work of it, when really they could have scored quite a few more. But no sour grapes here, you have to admire a good side sometimes. As for the Cowley's, they thrive on drama. It's causes chaos, but that's all part of their success.

I'm not sure where we go from here, keep plugging away, but really we need some fresh input, were very stale and not getting the best from our players.

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln
For about 8 minutes yesterday FGR looked great; I thought Lincoln were lucky to get away without a booking or two in that period, and was bracing myself for a long disappointing afternoon. And then they scored (if it hadn't hit the wall it wouldn't even have reached the goal). And from that point onwards, there was only ever one team going to win it.

FGR looked dangerous up front - Williams looked sharp, and Gilks made a couple of really good saves - but only got the ball there about twice. So much fannying around. Keeper rolls it out. Three or four passes , back to the keeper to belt to the other end, where our defence won every header. Men against boys.

Some highlights... FGR kicking the match off and passing it straight sideways... to Toffolo. Akinde belting the uncontested dropball out the ground (I have no idea whether that was his intention or not). Really good chips and curry sauce. Akinde's header was fantastic, textbook. And actually I thought Tom Pett coming on played really well.

Not been to FGR before. Everybody I met was friendly, from bus driver to stewards to opposition supporters. But, who decided to put a football ground at the top of a mile-long hill, where all the roads in and out narrow to single file in places?

Reactions: dog

TheEndIsNigh

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Lincoln deserved it no doubt but fuck me the amount of shithousery that comes from them is a disgrace. Ref Andy Davies was the weakest piece of shite I've seen all season, ignored everything including a blatant stamp on Doidge in the 1st minute by Shakell, the filthy twat. 0 bookings is an utter joke, a decent ref and it would have been 8 yellows and at least 1 red and at least one of the Cowleys sent to the stands for their constant haranguing of the officials. The c*** never stop or stay inside their technical area for that matter, but get away with it all the bloody time. And if Nicky Cowley ever goads our fans like that again I swear I'll run on and lamp the fucker, just celebrate with your own fans you cretin. And that fat fuck Rhead can fuck off as well the cheating bastard can't challenge without blatant pushes in the back sly elbows etc. Wouldn't mind him here though tbf quality player.

Anyway congrats Lincoln, quality side but you would be without all the gamesmanship and shithousery anyway so why do it?

Quality ranting. I don’t think any Lincoln players were booked against us either. The PE teacher’s hounding of the ref clearly works

Plumbob

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
"Their managers and players have worked out precisely how to cheat and foul while staying just within the rules."

Can any of you FGR lads on here explain this from your forum?
And can you pick up the dummy up for Phil

"by Phil_mitchell » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:00 am
Cowley brothers and Lincoln city are the biggest **** houses in football. If I saw them or Matt Rhead in the street I'd probably have no hesitation to drop them. We played well no shame in what we did they are a joke the fans crack me up bandwagon hyenas. I hate the whole thing horrible dirty ****.

Yeah I'm annoyed and bitter"

I'm assuming he'd rather bump into Danny/Nicky than the big fella. Or he's as underhand as his TV namesake!

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
So the management and the players intimidate the officals into not booking us and giving us penalties.
OK fair enough then, well the rest of you do the same.

Warning post may contain sarcasm

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon

I do love a rant - and that’s a blinder!

Tranmerewhite

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
So the management and the players intimidate the officals into not booking us and giving us penalties.
OK fair enough then, well the rest of you do the same.

Warning post may contain sarcasm
Not too sure which the sarcastic part is. Cowley is up there with Allen and Evans for shithousery but that often gets around the fact he’s tactically good and a decent bloke too.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Akinde pen but it was stonewall by the sound of it. Only joy for me was reading the Imps match thread on their forum and seeing people moan about us delaying them taking it due to an injury.
It was about as stonewall as you could get, the funny thing was that they didn't need to rely on John Akinde's famous rubber legs to win it.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers

Agree totally, they have sufficient quality in their team to play some of the most attractive football you would hope to see at this level, yet they resort to trying to bully opponents off the pitch rather than playing them off it.

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
Not too sure which the sarcastic part is. Cowley is up there with Allen and Evans for shithousery but that often gets around the fact he’s tactically good and a decent bloke too.
They do go over the top at times at times I'll willing admit but it stops us getting players booked? No chance and for their moaning getting us penalties that's definitely not happened especially of late, we should have had at least a penalty in each of the last 3 home games and one more yesterday.
Don't think our on field antics are any worse than other team I've seen this season, everyone does it.
Both Danny, Nicky and the coaching staff have been booked and sent off more than once this so officials are clearly wise to them.
At least they don't run down the touchline and in their fans when they score like one manager I can think of.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
And as was pointed out to you last time, it wasn't Rhead. It was Angol. Nor was it a foul.

We all had the exact same conversation in the previous match thread back in November! :lol:
After scoring a dodgy goal a Lincoln player disgarcefully goaded the FGR supporters.

Last edited:

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
Angol scored the equaliser and then ran over to the FGR fans.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
Most enjoyable match, although obviously disappointed with FGR defeat.
Terrific atmosphere at TNL and common consent is that better team won.
FGR remain in play-off position so reason to remain optimistic.

And surprise, surprise the Lincoln goalkeeper did not go down for treatment during match. Is that a first?
But instead Rhead went down after FGR scored.
On restart he stood only a couple of feet from normal position, and within seconds was back in play.
Cheeky devil.

dog

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Bit early to judge him don't you think? Did pretty well for Newport.

Maybe he needs a run in the side with Williams? I don't think it is any coincidence that form has dipped since Doidge returned.

dog

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
FGR looked dangerous up front - Williams looked sharp, and Gilks made a couple of really good saves - but only got the ball there about twice. So much fannying around. Keeper rolls it out. Three or four passes , back to the keeper to belt to the other end, where our defence won every header. Men against boys.

This is the problem with Cooper's style of play. Everything is slow, goes sideways and often ends up with a hopeful hoof forward. It works against the poorer sides but not against the better ones.

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln
Rhead went down after FGR scored.
On restart he stood only a couple of feet from normal position, and within seconds was back in play.
Cheeky devil.

He obviously taught your centre forward who had a roll around in order to delay the penalty ;)

gijsbert_bos

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City

In summary:

Waaaah waaaah waaaah.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
Who cares apart from you? It's a game of football.
Suggest you do your research first before posting such remarks.
My post was a direct reply to one from an Imp.
Check it out.

StrangelyBrown

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City FC
Enjoyed a day out in Gloucestershire- nice chat with a couple of FGR fans as we walked up the hill and had a rather nice veggie burger when I had got my breath back.

Personally this was the most complete I've seen Lincoln play all season- only Exeter away has come close to it. FGR weren't as fluid as the home game at SB earlier in the season but have a real attacking threat through midfield.

If you watch a match as a neutral you see all players invoking elements of gamesmanship which are designed to gain the advantage- FGR player going down injured on the half way line literally as Akinde was running up for his penalty (so the penalty was delayed) was no worse, or better, than Rhead and his injury after FGR scored. Both pre-determined to slow the game down (and don't any angels on this site claim their players "don't do it").

Don't like it but can't think of a single club we have played this season who hasn't done it.

Imp in Branston

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Don't like it but can't think of a single club we have played this season who hasn't done it.

Agreed, most clubs do timewaste, use game management and other tactics to gain any sort of advantage, Exeter were at it from about the first 5 minutes last week for instance.

People only see what they want to see sometimes.

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
If you watch a match as a neutral you see all players invoking elements of gamesmanship which are designed to gain the advantage- FGR player going down injured on the half way line literally as Akinde was running up for his penalty (so the penalty was delayed) was no worse, or better, than Rhead and his injury after FGR scored. Both pre-determined to slow the game down (and don't any angels on this site claim their players "don't do it").

Speaking as someone who was a neutral at yesterdays game, I think the two are a little different. The FGR chap had to be substituted, whereas Rhead was doing as you described. Hadn't had the pleasure of witnessing the brothers Cowley first hand before, but what an unpleasant duo they are. Particularly the one who needs a haircut.

Lincoln are more or less your standard League Two winners. Total focus on physical attributes and over-powering of their opposition. You get the feeling they could be decent on the ball and play decent stuff, but that idea never seemed to enter their heads yesterday. Thought FGR played some good stuff first half into the wind, but second half totally abandoned that approach for some reason. Entertaining game for me.

That bloody hill was a killer

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Maybe he needs a run in the side with Williams? I don't think it is any coincidence that form has dipped since Doidge returned.

Yeah could be worth a crack, something similar to what we'd started doing with Williams and Campbell just before Doidge came back. McCoulsky's got similar skills to Tav (and is better in the air) so might link up pretty well.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Speaking as someone who was a neutral at yesterdays game, I think the two are a little different. The FGR chap had to be substituted, whereas Rhead was doing as you described. Hadn't had the pleasure of witnessing the brothers Cowley first hand before, but what an unpleasant duo they are. Particularly the one who needs a haircut.

Lincoln are more or less your standard League Two winners. Total focus on physical attributes and over-powering of their opposition. You get the feeling they could be decent on the ball and play decent stuff, but that idea never seemed to enter their heads yesterday. Thought FGR played some good stuff first half into the wind, but second half totally abandoned that approach for some reason. Entertaining game for me.

You have no idea how many Lincoln fans will hate how a genuine neutral has come out saying what everyone else has all season just to take the piss :lol:

They shouldn’t care really being top of the league, but they definitely do!

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Agree totally, they have sufficient quality in their team to play some of the most attractive football you would hope to see at this level, yet they resort to trying to bully opponents off the pitch rather than playing them off it.
We could, and we have this season (ask Swindon, County, MK etc) but we've played the same way against Cooper's FGR under Cowley for the last 6 games and won every one. 4-4-2, get it wide, get balls into the box and play Matt Rhead. It's never failed so I'm not sure why we'd change and try and out football a 'footballing' side.

The ironic thing is that we came up against Cooper's bankrolled Kettering in 2008-ish where he played long ball (more than everyone thinks Lincoln are) with Exodus Geohaghon taking long throws from the halfway line so it's not as if he's a football purist so I don't know why hasn't changed anything against us.

As above in that we play them same way against FGR every time and win every time.

Couple that with having a 'blip', which has consisted of draws, and we revert to a more direct game to get a run going again hence Rhead playing more minutes in the last two games than he probably has done the rest of the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazzer
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!