2018/19 L2 Play-Off Semi-Final: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green Rovers

SoutheySWFC

Reaction score
Supports
SWFC
The atmosphere was great in the early stages. You went get a better noise at a League Two game than in the first half, even at the New Lawn.

I don't think the problem in the second half was personnel, but the shape of the team. Both wingers were cutting inside on to their stronger foot, which made things very congested. I don't know why we did not switch to 442 with the wide players on their natural flank, but perhaps Mellon was quietly happy with 1-0 and more concerned about getting picked off on the break.

I think some of the comments about FGR's 'heroic' performance are a bit over the top. Yes, they defended well in the second half but they offered nothing when they had the ball, and you won't see a more one-sided game in terms of possession, even with ten men

I thought we played well in the first half and deserved to go in a couple of goals ahead, but failing to get the second is not a disaster.

Oh, and can someone tell Allan Parry that not 'everyone on Merseyside is a red or blue'. Embarrassing coverage.
You had 62% possession fella, and watching it you hardly had them penned in and defending for their lives.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
You had 62% possession fella, and watching it you hardly had them penned in and defending for their lives.
So, we dominated possession as I said. And if they were not 'defending for their lives', it was not a heroic performance, was it ? Which is the point I was making.

SoutheySWFC

Reaction score
Supports
SWFC
So, we dominated possession as I said. And if they were not 'defending for their lives', it was not a heroic performance, was it ? Which is the point I was making.
It was more the fact you said you wont see a more one sided game..... But we both have salient points

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Our attendances are heading in the right direction, evolution not revolution for us. If we get our new stadium plans passed, and this looks like it may finally happen soon, I think we'll pick-up a lot more fans from South Gloucestershire, down towards Bristol, and lots more from Gloucester. I guess that's part of of the plan. I think we will continue to pick-up fans from quite a way out, because our name does not belong to anywhere that anyone has developed a disliking for. (Petty local rivalries etc). It could be a good thing, or alternatively turn everyone off!
The new stadium seems to be a bit of a vanity project though. Not quite sure how building a new stadium, when the current one is fit for purpose sits comfortably with Mr Vince's green credentials. Particularly as unless there's a plan for electric powered shuttle buses from Stonehouse station to the ground, the only way to get there will be by driving.

The Jovial Forester

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
The new stadium seems to be a bit of a vanity project though. Not quite sure how building a new stadium, when the current one is fit for purpose sits comfortably with Mr Vince's green credentials. Particularly as unless there's a plan for electric powered shuttle buses from Stonehouse station to the ground, the only way to get there will be by driving.
I always used to walk to TNL from my house up another big hill three miles off. Don't get greener than that. First time you played us away met a couple of your lads in Nailsworth who weren't sure of the way to the ground. By the time I'd led them halfway up Springhill you could see they thought I was taking the piss and Took them on a goose chase.

Reactions: Boz

Reremnart

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers/Pittsburgh Steelers
Our poorest performer last night was micky mellon ( put in earplugs ) . He got the bench completely wrong has he had another fall out with a player as in mullen?

Mullin`s other half went into labour yesterday and gave birth last night . That`s why he wasn`t on the bench.

As for the game we had a golden opportunity last night to make the tie safe and simply didn`t take it. The second half was extremely disappointing and I can`t understand Mellon`s substitutions. Why was Pringle not brought on rather than Johnny Smith as IMO Pringle offers more than Smith does.

Sad to see yet again The vIllage idiots decided to smash more seats and spend part of the match hurling verbal abuse at fans in the JKS. Funnily enough none of the One Song Ultras had the bollocks to wear club colours or call anybody a "Scouse bastard" outside the ground.

Last edited:

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
The club is a vanity project, no disrespect meant to the fans at all. They changed their club colours from their traditional black and white to match those of ecotricity (imagine if we did something similar!), and the new 'eco stadium' fits in perfectly with ecotricity's corporate brand manual.

Running a football club isn't close to being a green venture - the new ground will pave acres of green fields with concrete and they're encouraging thousands of people to drive many miles from all around Gloucestershire for a football game - but it will somehow be labelled as an eco project.

However they spin it, the club is a billboard for ecotricity.

Reactions: RLC

Stripes

Reaction score
Supports
FGR

I don't think he can afford a vanity project at that price. It has to pay for it's self. There will be benefits I'm sure.

I take your point on getting there. Cars and coaches will account for most travelling these days, I except the location is not close to the train station. When you live in a prodomantly rural area using a train or even a bus is not even on your radar necessarily. Transport is a consideration that has to be addressed though. I hope your point has been thought about.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
As part of the new stadium plan I would like to see the former Stonehouse station on the Gloucester to Bristol line re-opened and the club run shuttle buses between there and the ground on match days. Even better if they can be electric powered, charged between games by solar panels located at the ground, as this would give another option for fans to travel to games.

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
As part of the new stadium plan I would like to see the former Stonehouse station on the Gloucester to Bristol line re-opened and the club run shuttle buses between there and the ground on match days. Even better if they can be electric powered, charged between games by solar panels located at the ground, as this would give another option for fans to travel to games.
A dedicated, maintained cycle highway between the station and the ground, and to Stroud/Nailsworth, that is entirely separate from the public roads would encourage people to cycle. You could have some sort of price incentive for cycling to the ground - £5 off, something like that.

Also, a well promoted car share scheme (again with financial incentive) should go without saying.

Last edited:

Tranmerewhite

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Also shout out to FGR fans for smashing 10
Seats this time, clearly accidental when they celebrated losing 1-0.

Always the victims chant? Wasn’t aware you were cuntish Chelsea fans.

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere

Nicola tweeted that the Police have identified the perpetrator for the incident at the league game, hopefully they were recording the away end last night to do the same again.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green

Here we go again, you lot are obsessed with bloody seats. What they made out of, fucking cardboard or something? Had to be very careful not to break mine.

Tranmerewhite

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Here we go again, you lot are obsessed with bloody seats. What they made out of, fucking cardboard or something? Had to be very careful not to break mine.
We have had far bigger followings than FGR manage not to damage any this season.

FGR-Star

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
We have had far bigger followings than FGR manage not to damage any this season.

Probably not as passionate as our away fans though.

Like Chris says, Tranmere supporters crying about a few cracked seats is making you look a little tinpot in my opinion.

Cannot wait for Portsmouth etc to visit you next season if you go up. You will be crying then that's for sure.

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
:ffs:

Like Chris says, Tranmere supporters crying about a few cracked seats is making you look a little tinpot in my opinion.

Cannot wait for Portsmouth etc to visit you next season if you go up. You will be crying then that's for sure.
This is what 'a few cracked seats' looks like. You're defending the indefensible, you clearly have an element of dickheads and are in complete denial about it. Pompey, Millwall, Leeds etc have visited plenty of times and never did this.

Screenshot_20190511-154007_Twitter.jpg

Reremnart

Reaction score
Supports

We had 2000 wildly celebrating Bury fans in there last week and not one broken seat. Your lot on the other hand are purposely causing damage for the fun of it, not once but twice.. Probably because they haven`t got the bollocks to hit or kick something that might hit them back. What a bunch of heroes. MInd you what do you expect from what looked like a school outing.

FGR-Star

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
We had 2000 wildly celebrating Bury fans in there last week and not one broken seat. Your lot on the other hand are purposely causing damage for the fun of it, not once but twice.. Probably because they haven`t got the bollocks to hit or kick something that might hit them back. What a bunch of heroes. MInd you what do you expect from what looked like a school outing.

I willing to bet there has been plenty of broken seats with other teams.

We get damage done to stuff pretty much every week at FGR by away support, we just don't cry about it like Tranmere fans seem to.

Reremnart

Reaction score
Supports

If you knew anything about football whatsoever you thick yokel you would know that we used to be in the Champonship and had Leeds, Millwall, West Ham, Sunderland, Newcastle etc visit us on a regular basis. All of them treated our stadium with a lot more respect than your bunch of wanna be Danny Dyers. Passionate fans ??? Bloody cowardly vandals more like. As I said in an earlier post they havent even got the guts to wear club colours so they can sneak back to their coaches undetected in case somebody says something nasty to them. How about next time we play you at Prenton Park they stand outside the Kop and shout some of the crap they were coming out with last night about us being scousers and see how long they last. My guess is about ten second at most.. Forest Green Rovers. Shithouse players ,even bigger shithouse fans.

Any money on Monday night this bunch of idiots will be all over the pitch win or lose, head straight for our fans and run as fast as their little legs will carry them if one of ours goes at them.

And tell me how can people do damage to an open terrace you total tool ???

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
I willing to bet there has been plenty of broken seats with other teams.

We get damage done to stuff pretty much every week at FGR by away support, we just don't cry about it like Tranmere fans seem to.
You lot cried about somebody shouting words at a coach, don't be a hypocrite.

Mark kavanagh

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Cannot believe grown up fgr supporters are condoning criminal damage perpetrated on our ground . They would be the first to whinge if a team went on the rampage in nailsworth . The idiots who caused the damage would probably be the first to run when faced by a proper crew rather then mouthing off from a distance .

Disappointed our stewards seem to have bottled it and not intervened mind you

Weve had pompey, stoke, millwall, Birmingham, chelsea, cardiff, spurs and any other big crews in that end and only you have done this, its a pretty sad reflection on you that not only have you done this twice but you actually condone it

The Jovial Forester

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
If you knew anything about football whatsoever you thick yokel you would know that we used to be in the Champonship and had Leeds, Millwall, West Ham, Sunderland, Newcastle etc visit us on a regular basis. All of them treated our stadium with a lot more respect than your bunch of wanna be Danny Dyers. Passionate fans ??? Bloody cowardly vandals more like. As I said in an earlier post they havent even got the guts to wear club colours so they can sneak back to their coaches undetected in case somebody says something nasty to them. How about next time we play you at Prenton Park they stand outside the Kop and shout some of the crap they were coming out with last night about us being scousers and see how long they last. My guess is about ten second at most.. Forest Green Rovers. Shithouse players ,even bigger shithouse fans.

Any money on Monday night this bunch of idiots will be all over the pitch win or lose, head straight for our fans and run as fast as their little legs will carry them if one of ours goes at them.

And tell me how can people do damage to an open terrace you total tool ???
Mostly agree with you here, hate those shit chants and vandalism, but you're moaning about getting called scousers then calling him a yokel. You don't even realise you're doing it either, so get off your high horse.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Accuses people of being dickheads whilst insulting people for no reason. No ones being abusive here apart from one person. Bit hypocritical don't you think Reremnart?

FGR-Star

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
Mostly agree with you here, hate those shit chants and vandalism, but you're moaning about getting called scousers then calling him a yokel. You don't even realise you're doing it either, so get off your high horse.

Get it right, I'm a "thick Yokel" apparently!!

The cretin is rattled as our thuggish fans completely Outsung massive, saintly Tranmere!

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
FGR fans don't like to admit they're in the wrong, do they? Only one response so far even hints that criminal damage is unacceptable and that was fairly disguised, every other one is defending it. Never known anything like it.

See you on Monday chaps.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Don't get why some of the Forest Green fans are tacitly condoning the seat smashing. Wouldn't hurt to accept that such behaviour is bang out of order. Think the only club in recent years that has engaged in similar vandalism is Wrecsam, who did some damage to the toilets.

Rovers fans aren't angels, there was the goal-post smashing at the end of our win at Stockport securing L1 survival, but they sent the club the bill for the damage which was paid. Hopefully Dale Vince will cough up for the damage his team's vandals have caused too.

birkenhead tranny

Reaction score
Supports
tranny rovers
chris as leader of your ultra s can you not control them ? ok it was a big day out for you at a mini wembley of the north ! do the decent thing organise a whip round to replace the seats and we will say no more , swa swa

birkenhead tranny

Reaction score
Supports
tranny rovers
Calm down, calm down.
right as you wont do the decent thing , we will forward the pics of the rampaging forest boys to the pig farmers weekly they will put it on the front page , your getting a bad rep proper naughty shire boys , swa swa

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Nah don't do that, we'll have a whip round Monday, rattle a few buckets, have a bake sale. #fixtrannyseats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotox

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!
4K UK IPTV