Week ending 2nd April

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Got a horrible feeling we will lose on Saturday and kill our momentum, taking us out of the chase
I know you've got injuries but you've been on a decent run of form and Bradford have literally nothing to play for. Can only see a home win to be honest.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Vale at home and the 1st Home game of the season i'll miss as i'm still down in Cheshire til tomorrow;- maybe me not being there will change our luck. With Stevenage playing Oldham a point tomorrow would ensure we are either 4 points off the relegation places or 3 points ahead of both of them.
This is our usual fixture where everything can slip up. We're in great form, have just beaten 2 teams around us and drawn with a 3rd and then we go to a team who we should beat.

In previous seasons I could practically guarantee that we would lose this sort of fixture. The whole spirit and work ethic of the team feels different this year. I feel confident that we can win, which is a strange feeling. I feel like there are only probably 2 or 3 teams on a similar level to us in this league, without injuries, covid and our manager going off I genuinely believe we would be well in the top 3.

We still can and might lose but I guess it's more exciting than our usual season, which is usually over by now.

AR27

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
We may have nothing to play for but I don't imagine that it'll be evident in our performances. Every player out there is playing for their future at the club whether they're out of contract or not.

Performances have been improving each week since Hughes came in (aside from port vale) and thats the only thing that matters from our perspective atm, even if we lose.

Think tomorrow will be a tight game, but a narrow defeat at a ground that we never get anything from.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
This is our usual fixture where everything can slip up. We're in great form, have just beaten 2 teams around us and drawn with a 3rd and then we go to a team who we should beat.

In previous seasons I could practically guarantee that we would lose this sort of fixture. The whole spirit and work ethic of the team feels different this year. I feel confident that we can win, which is a strange feeling. I feel like there are only probably 2 or 3 teams on a similar level to us in this league, without injuries, covid and our manager going off I genuinely believe we would be well in the top 3.

We still can and might lose but I guess it's more exciting than our usual season, which is usually over by now.

Pretty sure Vale fans said that last season and Conlon took us apart with a wonder strike.

I can't see what we'll have changed in a week that can make us competitive at all. I suppose the new manager could decide that 'parking the bus' is our plan to draw our way to safety, but I really don't think Vale have anything to worry about tomorrow.

Sounding like HG, but I'd back anyone (other than Scunthorpe) to beat us right now.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
We may have nothing to play for but I don't imagine that it'll be evident in our performances. Every player out there is playing for their future at the club whether they're out of contract or not.

Performances have been improving each week since Hughes came in (aside from port vale) and thats the only thing that matters from our perspective atm, even if we lose.

Think tomorrow will be a tight game, but a narrow defeat at a ground that we never get anything from.
I don't think you'll down tools, but ultimately Rover's need is much greater than yours and they're in pretty good form. It'll be tight but I still see a home win.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Pretty sure Vale fans said that last season and Conlon took us apart with a wonder strike.

I can't see what we'll have changed in a week that can make us competitive at all. I suppose the new manager could decide that 'parking the bus' is our plan to draw our way to safety, but I really don't think Vale have anything to worry about tomorrow.

Sounding like HG, but I'd back anyone (other than Scunthorpe) to beat us right now.
Brown will be desperate for a win and we struggle to break down teams that sit in. It's not going to be a stroll in the park.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Brown will be desperate for a win and we struggle to break down teams that sit in. It's not going to be a stroll in the park.

We've been desperate for a win for the past six months, but it rarely happens...

There's no suggestion we'll sit back and defend - we don't really have the players for it, especially in midfield - and we could just as well go all-out-attack. Either way, there's too many players woefully out of form and that doesn't look like changing.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

Conlon is injured and lets be fair not many players at this level have the technical ability to score the goal he did that night!

This team does feel special, the feeling around the club is better than at any time in my 22 years following them and this group are so tight knit it does feel we could really achieve something, even if we fall short this year I have confidence we would push on next but on the flip side there is still that "Typical Vale" niggle you get in the back of your mind!

No easy games, I see the promotion thread talking about easy or hard run ins but this is league two, we will have to perform tomorrow and treat Barrow the same way we treated Mansfield, Exeter and Sutton to have a chance of getting a result. They are all tough.

If we can get 7 Points from Barrow and Salford Away and Oldham at home over the coming week then the auto's are on for us but easier said than done.

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Got a horrible feeling we will lose on Saturday and kill our momentum, taking us out of the chase
We’ve won both our away games under Sparky so far, but we always lose at your place and you can only polish a turd so much we’re still crap just pass the ball about better. I’d expect you to win but sometimes teams put in a worldie performance when they have nothing to play for I suppose.

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
What's FGRs record win?

Will never have a better chance to beat it

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I know you've got injuries but you've been on a decent run of form and Bradford have literally nothing to play for. Can only see a home win to be honest.

We’ve won both our away games under Sparky so far, but we always lose at your place and you can only polish a turd so much we’re still crap just pass the ball about better. I’d expect you to win but sometimes teams put in a worldie performance when they have nothing to play for I suppose.
The main issue is we don’t have a LB at all and this is disrupting us more than it should as the only one who can cover, is our attacking threat.

On paper I’d expect us to win, just got a gut feeling we’ll lose 2-1

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
What's FGRs record win?

Not sure what our all time record win is, but we did win 8-0 against Hyde United on the first day of the season a few years back...funny game that was, the keeper was the best player, the score could have been double that...he was let down badly by the ten players in front of him, most of whom seemed either unwilling or incapable of getting involved in a game of football.

LordJord

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Not sure if its the direct football (which has been similiar ish for the last few years TBH), the issues around the clubs off field stuff with the stand / land etc or just because we have seen two promotions in recent years but there just seems to be a general sense of apathy amongst our fanbase this season. Think we will end up taking just over 1000 tomorrow which is pretty poor considering its not far and the size of the game at this point of the season.

Our away form has been ropey but we do seem to have been decent enough against the bigger sides. I feel like I am very much in the cup half empty camp these days, do feel like we are looking at a loss here. Would happily take a point now.

Mansfield fans, how is the pitch holding up these days? Also how is John-Joe getting on for you?
Last time I went to Mansfield we started with Marc Richards, James Collins and John Marquis (I think) and we were awful. Ricky Holmes came on and it was one of those games where it was just obvious he was miles better than everyone and dragged us back into the game.

Going for a 2-0 loss.

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
The main issue is we don’t have a LB at all and this is disrupting us more than it should as the only one who can cover, is our attacking threat.

On paper I’d expect us to win, just got a gut feeling we’ll lose 2-1
Surely Trevor Clarke can play there.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Not sure if its the direct football (which has been similiar ish for the last few years TBH), the issues around the clubs off field stuff with the stand / land etc or just because we have seen two promotions in recent years but there just seems to be a general sense of apathy amongst our fanbase this season. Think we will end up taking just over 1000 tomorrow which is pretty poor considering its not far and the size of the game at this point of the season.

Our away form has been ropey but we do seem to have been decent enough against the bigger sides. I feel like I am very much in the cup half empty camp these days, do feel like we are looking at a loss here. Would happily take a point now.

Mansfield fans, how is the pitch holding up these days? Also how is John-Joe getting on for you?
Last time I went to Mansfield we started with Marc Richards, James Collins and John Marquis (I think) and we were awful. Ricky Holmes came on and it was one of those games where it was just obvious he was miles better than everyone and dragged us back into the game.

Going for a 2-0 loss.

I agree 2 eggs, not a lot of enthusiasm really is there

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

Going for a 2-0 loss.
It's an odd one. Yes, teams below have got a game in hand on you, but you're still 3rd. You don't seem to be playing scintillating football or blowing teams away, but you keep picking up results.

Do you think it's because you keep coming back down when you go up? The atmosphere and feel good factor at vale is brilliant and yet we're still 3 points behind you. Everyone is buzzing though. Perhaps we've been so starved of any success (1 promotion in nearly 30 years) that we're just glad to be in it, whereas you've had a few promotions.

I suspect we'll sell out every away allocation that we have left now and if there is something riding on the last home game, I can see 15,000 in. I can also see 12-13,000 for the Bristol Rovers game.

I just find it a bit odd that you seem on a bit of a downer.

Essex2Wessex

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
What's FGRs record win?

Dunno, we tend to play really badly against teams at the lower end of the league.

Being beaten by Southend last year was pretty humiliating (albeit at least one of their goals was really something). And frankly, this year's Scunthorpe are still vastly less shit than last year's Southend...

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City

Going for a 2-0 loss.
Its your own fault for thrashing us in the final two seasons ago. If you'd only let us win that day you might still be keen....

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Its your own fault for thrashing us in the final two seasons ago. If you'd only let us win that day you might still be keen....
I sort of wish that happened because £10 every other week to watch our slow march to relegation was soul destroying :bg:

northstandexile

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Mansfield fans - who was at this one

Yes, I was at this one and it was the last game that I watched a game at Field Mill from the North Stand. I am still in exile at our own ground.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Surely Trevor Clarke can play there.
Well you’d think so, but wasn’t used last week. Hopefully he is at LB tomorrow and I’ll feel more confident

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town

me. tom curtis really should have been sent off before he got the goal also. The lad was pretty decent but the fans never took to him as he played at that non league tripe across the m1.

Several games with northampton really, the last game of the league 1 season in 02/03 when we beat you 2-1 to not finish bottom.

Obviously now i’ve jinxed us but our home record against northampton is decent.

Going for 11 straight home wins tomorrow.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Will be interesting to see how Rovers line up with the returning players. I don't think Maynard showed enough before his injury to deserve a start, though a handy player to have on the bench. Carlisle probably need another point or two to be mathematically safe, though in no real danger now. Expecting a tight game.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__

I was there for that, and unless my memory is mistaken I actually watched the first leg at Northampton at Field Mill too they wheeled a massive screen on the pitch - I think!

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
I was there for that, and unless my memory is mistaken I actually watched the first leg at Northampton at Field Mill too they wheeled a massive screen on the pitch - I think!
i was lucky to be in that stand for the game as one of my mates was on holiday.

Never got why northampton haven’t ever done anything with that away stand, it’s rather lame

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Dunno, we tend to play really badly against teams at the lower end of the league.

Being beaten by Southend last year was pretty humiliating (albeit at least one of their goals was really something). And frankly, this year's Scunthorpe are still vastly less shit than last year's Southend...
True, we also lost to North Ferriby a few years back...who were possibly one of the worst teams ever to play in the National League and went down with something like seven points.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Yes, I was at this one and it was the last game that I watched a game at Field Mill from the North Stand. I am still in exile at our own ground.

I watched from the side stand which is now fenced off. I’ve watched games from 3 sides at Mansfield, because to get into the playoffs that year we had to beat you on the final day and I was there behind the goal for it.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
i was lucky to be in that stand for the game as one of my mates was on holiday.

Never got why northampton haven’t ever done anything with that away stand, it’s rather lame

Don’t get us started on developing stands please….it’s next on the list after the East stand apparently…

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Don’t get us started on developing stands please….it’s next on the list after the East stand apparently…

I mean as we’re missing a stand i’m always weary of commenting on others grounds, but like us with our away end only holding 1600 you wonder how much revenue is being lost each season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotox

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!
4K UK IPTV