Tranmere vs Lincoln

tranmere88

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
We were chasing shadows first half couldn’t get near Lincoln every loose ball or 50/50 was falling to them and they should of been a couple up. 2nd half was a different story whatever Micky said worked the oracle plus bringing young Gilmour on he was superb, kop was also in full voice and cowley mentioned in his pre match interview he was looking forward to coming PP under the lights it’s always a good atmosphere the SWA proved that in the end

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Sounds like I missed a good game tonight! I expected a Lincoln win, as there is a bit more of a gulf between the sides since the last time we played, but sometimes a bit of luck comes your way. I still expect to see the Imps in league 1 next year, and I class that 3 points as one step closer to safety for us.

tranmere88

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Lincoln will be up there without a doubt best team I’ve seen by a country mile especially the first half. Rovers may surprise a few this year we seem a very resilient team.

Huntsman94

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Agree with the majority of other Tranmere posters, Lincoln by far and away the best team I have seen in this league certainly in that first half. Streets ahead of Mansfield. They'll win this league hands down imo.

But that just puts even more credit on us. We're competing in every single game we have played this season and if we have just beaten the league leaders and probable champions, who's to say we can't be pushing the playoffs come April/May!

First half we had to dig in as they battered us. Gilmour on to go 4-5-1 changed the game and second half we were the better side. Belter strike from Norwood. Shame he misses Morecambe but we should get by and hopefully means he'll be fresh for the Macc home fixture.

Overall a great game of football and credit to both sides. On to Morecambe!

wangle

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln
What a frustrating night to be a Lincoln fan. Although we were on top on first half I’m not buying that we were that dominant. It looked like we had some decent chances rather clear cut ones. That said, it’s bitterly disappointing to lose to a team as poor as Tranmere. Admittedly they up’d thier game second half and looked very solid in defence, but looked substandard in midfield in and attack. However as football goes, Norwood took their one chance very well and from that point on we’re very comfortable. Norwood should really be playing at a higher level, but demonstrated exactly why he isn’t today. He’s an idiot. Booking for a dive (there’s a change) and then one for kicking the ball away.

It was a really frustrating watch today. I didn’t think we even played particularly well first half, but as has been the problem struggled to force the keeper to make a save let alone score. Second half was tactically the one of the worst halves I’ve seen Lincoln play under the Cowleys (emphasis on the tactical) or perhaps credit to Tranmere to changing it up? Anyway, rather than give the ball to the feet of the wingers, we played long ball up top which McNulty had covered all day. When I saw mcnulty was still playing I was thinking we could have a field day against him with the speed of our forwards, yet for some unknown reasons we elected to play long which he had covered all day long. As soon as the switch for Rhead to come on happened I knew it was game over. From that point we could have played until next week and probably still not forced he keeper to make a save.

The winning goal was very disappointing from a lincoln point of view. Botswick loves playing the diagonal ball to akinde and if that’s not on he’ll roll the ball on to the next player. At that moment in time, neither were on and he just dinked it to no one.

On the upside we’re still top despite underperforming in at least half the games I’ve seen, I can check off another ground and to quote an online review about Tranmere ‘the burgers were inedible, but reasonably priced’. Can’t comment on the burgers but the same applies for the beers.

Last edited:

Huntsman94

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
What a frustrating night to be a Lincoln fan. Although we were on top on first half I’m not buying that we were that dominant. It looked like we had some decent chances rather clear cut ones. That said, it’s bitterly disappointing to lose to a team as poor as Tranmere.

That a team that has only lost twice this season? The same amount as you... Oh and we've beaten you. But you carry on...

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Lincoln looked a league or 2 better than us first half and almost footballed us to death. Great tactical move by Mellon substituting Stockton for Gilmour, against most teams in this league that would be seen as a really negative switch. Thought McNulty was immense at the back, he really has taken the step up to league 2 with ease.
Not sure what the attendance was but it seemed quite poor to me.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
That a team that has only lost twice this season? The same amount as you... Oh and we've beaten you. But you carry on...
Yes, most of the Lincoln posts are reasonable but there is some real drivel in that reply.

I think their relative success has gone to some of their heads.

Substandard in midfield and attack, despite having the best striker on the pitch (Norwood) and the best midfielder in the second half (Gilmour).

getoutofit

Reaction score
Supports
tranmere
What a frustrating night to be a Lincoln fan. Although we were on top on first half I’m not buying that we were that dominant. It looked like we had some decent chances rather clear cut ones. That said, it’s bitterly disappointing to lose to a team as poor as Tranmere. Admittedly they up’d thier game second half and looked very solid in defence, but looked substandard in midfield in and attack. However as football goes, Norwood took their one chance very well and from that point on we’re very comfortable. Norwood should really be playing at a higher level, but demonstrated exactly why he isn’t today. He’s an idiot. Booking for a dive (there’s a change) and then one for kicking the ball away.

It was a really frustrating watch today. I didn’t think we even played particularly well first half, but as has been the problem struggled to force the keeper to make a save let alone score. Second half was tactically the one of the worst halves I’ve seen Lincoln play under the Cowleys (emphasis on the tactical) or perhaps credit to Tranmere to changing it up? Anyway, rather than give the ball to the feet of the wingers, we played long ball up top which McNulty had covered all day. When I saw mcnulty was still playing I was thinking we could have a field day against him with the speed of our forwards, yet for some unknown reasons we elected to play long which he had covered all day long. As soon as the switch for Rhead to come on happened I knew it was game over. From that point we could have played until next week and probably still not forced he keeper to make a save.

The winning goal was very disappointing from a lincoln point of view. Botswick loves playing the diagonal ball to akinde and if that’s not on he’ll roll the ball on to the next player. At that moment in time, neither were on and he just dinked it to no one.

On the upside we’re still top despite underperforming in at least half the games I’ve seen, I can check off another ground and to quote an online review about Tranmere ‘the burgers were inedible, but reasonably priced’. Can’t comment on the burgers but the same applies for the beers.

Yeh, i'm not surprised the beers were inedible, but i think you might find that to be the case most places you go. Very tough to find a beer you can eat as well as drink.

wangle

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln
Yes, most of the Lincoln posts are reasonable but there is some real drivel in that reply.

I think their relative success has gone to some of their heads.

Substandard in midfield and attack, despite having the best striker on the pitch (Norwood) and the best midfielder in the second half (Gilmour).

No doubt I’m currently expecting better things than normal, we’ve started the season very well.

Completely agree that Norwood was the best striker on the pitch, hence why I said that if had he had his head screwed on right he’d be playing at a higher level. Akinde had a poor game for us.

Can’t comment on Gilmour as I don’t know which player he was, but he may have been the substitution that made you better team in the second half as I alluded to.

I honestly thought you had a very good defence but were lacking in other areas. Scored your one clear chance and then defended it very well for the rest of the game. McNulty my man of the match.

Last edited:

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
No doubt I’m currently expecting better things than normal, we’ve started the season very well.

Completely agree that Norwood was the best striker on the pitch, hence why I said that if had he had his head screwed on right he’d be playing at a higher level. Akinde had a poor game for us.

Can’t comment on Gilmour as I don’t know which player he was, but he may have been the substitution that made you better team in the second half as I alluded to.

I honestly thought you had a very good defence but were lacking in other areas. Scored your one chance and for the majority there in say on your lead very well.
To be fair, this season is about survival and consolidation. We don't have the budget or squad of half the teams in the division, but we have to stay up and steadily rebuild.

You can't really expect us to be up there with the best from our first season back in the league.

Reginald Fodstain

Not Scouse
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
As others have said, Lincoln looked a cut above in the first half. I've seen premier league sides dominate us less than that, still expecting them to win the league easily. However, the tactical switch to a 5 in midfield in the end won us the game. On another day, we lose the game 2 or 3 nil, however a great result and one to celebrate. We again prove tough to beat, albeit a team that struggles to create a lot of chances.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Be very afraid Lincoln we are coming for you, gap down to just the 17 points now....... :ds:

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Anybody else not expecting Lincoln to win the title easily or is it just me? Bizarre opinion to suddenly gauge after seeing them play once.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
When I was looking at Tranmere's record before the game, they reminded me of us last season in that they seem to have been competitive in games this season, take a few punches defensively but stay in games and are low on goals - but will dig results out.

That was us at about this time last season.

I didn't know anything about the performance until I listened to DC post match and he didn't seem too downhearted. He gets more pissed off if we win but perform below par. Pleased we generally played ok, though. I can't imagine Buxton vs Andrade was an easy watch for Tranmere fans in the first half!

R.e. Tranmere switching to 5 in midfield, it's been obvious this season that Cowley has been happy to stick with the way we set out to and believe in what we're doing more. Helps with a stronger squad, but in previous seasons he'd tweak things off the back opposition subs but we've just cracked on with what we're doing this season.

Reremnart

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers/Pittsburgh Steelers
Jinx!!!!!

Davies pulled off two really good saves from Akinde in the first half and Anderson in the second, he did however waste on his own 5 mins and how he wasn't booked. Norwood was an idiot two completely avoidable yellow cards.
I find it hilarious to have a Lincoln fan complaining about time wasteing after their antics at PP in the FA Cup 3 years ago and their last league visit when they spent 90% of the second half of both games doing exactly the same thing. Of course 80% of Lincoln`s "fans" wouldn`t know about either of those games because they were before October 2016, the date at which these "fans" actually discovered there was a football club in their city to support.

As for Norwood I agree entirely that the second one was an act of pure stupidity but the first booking was for him being changed in the back by the bearded, ponytailed centre back, one of many totally mind blowingly stupid decisions given of that clown with the whistle, who at one point was going to book Manny Monthe for a foul commited by Zoom Bakayoko. Theres not much difference between, only about 8 inches in height and a foot across.

OH by the way I see Matt " Fall Down" Rhead has been teaching John Akinde everything he knows about how to get free kicks by hurling himself to the ground at very possible opportunity. Very nice of him to pass on his experience to a team mate I thought.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
I thought the Lincoln/Tranmere thing ran its course over a year ago, but obviously not.

If we're going to go down that line, are we going to discuss Norwood's dive for a penalty at SB in your 2-1 defeat two seasons ago?

Or what about the "...that'll kill Lincoln" comment?

The crowd jokes are also very much last year. I think we've now established that our previous successful stints in L2 brought in 5.5k i.e. PO years, so they've always been there just not keen on losing, NL football, which you were lucky enough to not experience.

Guernica

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
I find it hilarious to have a Lincoln fan complaining about time wasteing after their antics at PP in the FA Cup 3 years ago and their last league visit when they spent 90% of the second half of both games doing exactly the same thing. Of course 80% of Lincoln`s "fans" wouldn`t know about either of those games because they were before October 2016, the date at which these "fans" actually discovered there was a football club in their city to support.

As for Norwood I agree entirely that the second one was an act of pure stupidity but the first booking was for him being changed in the back by the bearded, ponytailed centre back, one of many totally mind blowingly stupid decisions given of that clown with the whistle, who at one point was going to book Manny Monthe for a foul commited by Zoom Bakayoko. Theres not much difference between, only about 8 inches in height and a foot across.

OH by the way I see Matt " Fall Down" Rhead has been teaching John Akinde everything he knows about how to get free kicks by hurling himself to the ground at very possible opportunity. Very nice of him to pass on his experience to a team mate I thought.
:brill:

Tranmerewhite

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
I thought the Lincoln/Tranmere thing ran its course over a year ago, but obviously not.

If we're going to go down that line, are we going to discuss Norwood's dive for a penalty at SB in your 2-1 defeat two seasons ago?
It was Mangan but yes. The antics of him and Adam Mekki undoubtedly were the reason refs only gave us something like 2 or 3 penalties last season despite being the most attacking team in NL.

Any comment on Andrade’s two dives for “penalties” the ref didn’t speak to him about if youre taking the high and mighty road though? Goes well with the three he was unpunished for, for Boreham Wood at Wembley.

As for us, we clearly aren’t poor. Resilience and determination are undoubtedly the backbone of the team, but with Norwood up top it’s enough to mount a playoff challenge; we’ve already played most of the current top 7 - so our next run of games is on paper “easier” but I use that term loosely.

Crowds - bored of that too, ours are currently massively underwhelming (5900 average) so not too sure why any of our fans are on about that. Our away support is fantastic though.

wangle

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln
Crowds - bored of that too, ours are currently massively underwhelming (5900 average) so not too sure why any of our fans are on about that. Our away support is fantastic though.

Second half thought the atmosphere was one of the best I’ve seen in a while in the home end as a visiting fan. Particularly impressive considering only about 40% of the ground was occupied.

Tranmerewhite

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Second half thought the atmosphere was one of the best I’ve seen in a while in the home end as a visiting fan. Particularly impressive considering only about 40% of the ground was occupied.
The atmosphere took a noticeable change after about 30 minutes when the fans realised the players weren’t able to step it up themselves.

Reginald Fodstain

Not Scouse
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
The referee helped the atmosphere through giving us absolutely nothing, which got the crowd going.

wangle

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln
The referee helped the atmosphere through giving us absolutely nothing, which got the crowd going.

The ref was shite. He seemed to give us everything first half then gave you most things second half. He genuinely wasn’t fit enough to ref the match and was always behind play. Thought he missed two fairly obvious hand ball claims (one for each team).

Reginald Fodstain

Not Scouse
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
The ref was shite. He seemed to give us everything first half then gave you most things second half. He genuinely wasn’t fit enough to ref the match and was always behind play. Thought he missed two fairly obvious hand ball claims (one for each team).
Lack of consistency didn't help, especially re what he deemed to be a dive.

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
Haines has always been awful !
Gave a penalty against us years ago that never was.
the fact he stills does bottom flight footy tells you everything you need to know about him.

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
Andrade has always been a diver and a bit of con artist, shame really cos when he actually plays like he can do he's a cracking player.

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere

Or what about the "...that'll kill Lincoln" comment?

The crowd jokes are also very much last year. I think we've now established that our previous successful stints in L2 brought in 5.5k i.e. PO years, so they've always been there just not keen on losing, NL football, which you were lucky enough to not experience.
It has run its course, whatever there was in the first place! If it's any consolation, the Cowleys seem to have endeared themselves to many Tranmere fans with their conduct. There's a bit of a love in going on on thecowsheds forum!

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
Yes they go a bit far sometimes but I'd rather have a management team who cared and get involved then ones who just stand/sit there and whisper behind a bit of paper.
Certainly not Evans/Raynor standard!
I sit the opposite side of the ground from the dugouts and don't tend to notice them very often if at all as I trying to watch not the antics between the dugouts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tbwomble

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!