Top Five games of the decade

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Saw this on Facebook at thought this would be interesting!

What are your top five clubs games of the decade?

For Port Vale I would say:

Port Vale 7 Burton 1 (2013) - has to be number 1! A Friday night towards the end of our promotion season, Vale did a 94 ticket offer (£8) and had the last promotion winning side there with Rudge. First time since the glorious days of the 90s Vale had over 10k inside as we hosting one of our main promotion rivals Burton.

Atmosphere the best I can recall and Vale destroyed Burton, 3-0 up at half time Vale failed to take the foot of the gas and kept going! Hughes hatrick, Birchall, Pope and a late brace from Williamson as Vale ran riot in the game which had us on the verge.

Port Vale 6 Rotherham 2 (2012) - Vale had started the season well and hosted the title favourites Rotherham, Steve Evans, Sernewa et al.

Vale raced into a 4-0 lead within half hour as Nicky Hunt was torn apart time and time again... so much so he was hauled off before half time! JMW and Vincent tore them to pieces, either side of half time Rotherham scored to get back in the game but Pope scored his third and forth to taunt the Rotherham fans who’d seen him leave in a cloud months before.

Fleetwood 2 Port Vale 5 (2012) 10 days after Rotherham result and just after a 3-1 win at Argyle Vale headed to Fleetwood on a Tuesday night, Vale sold out the away end and one of my all time favourite away days. Vale raced into a two goal lead but Fleetwood got one back before half time. Shooting towards the end end Vale tore into their opponents in the second half with Pope adding his second and Dodds soon after a forth. Soon after arguably one of the best Vale goals of the decade as Dodds scored a stunner with the outside of his boot before a late penalty took some gloss off.

Port Vale 4 Luton 0 (2017) Vale had struggled and few fans gave us a chance as Luton came into the game off a five goal win over Swindon. Pope and Whitfield would tear Sir Agent Jones side apart. Sadly that Whitfield performance would never be seen again! Same again against the free scoring leaders today please?

Coventry 2 Port Vale 3 (2015) Vale game into this game with three wins from four and a large away following were soon despairing as Coventry took an early lead. Vale plugged away and a quick fire couple of goals just before half time saw Vale lead 2-1... Vale then dominated the second period but were pegged back, O’Connor had a chance to put Vale ahead with a free kick in a great position that went just wide... minutes later we got an identical free kick this time the ball flew into the bottom corner. Since that win I’ve seen us win away only twice... both at Crewe!

JJ1532

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Tough list, there were so many amazing games I'll remember till the day I die. I could name 5 games from our 11-12 promotion season alone.

Suppose my five would have to be:

Chesterfield 5-5 Crewe, 2nd October 2010

We were doing nothing in mid-table, they were flying at the top and hadn't dropped a point in their new stadium. Then we came in and scored 3 inside 13 minutes and 4 inside 30 minutes. It saw them haul off one of their CBs and change tactics even before half time. They came out firing in the 2nd half and we did our usual crumble job, giving away 2 penalties. Yes, we didn't win, but this was a ridiculous game that every Crewe fan who went will remember for a long time.

Torquay 1-1 Crewe, 28th April 2012

Huge penultimate of the game of the season. We needed to get a result with Oxford breathing down our necks for the final play-off spot. Torquay needed a win to all but secure automatic promotion. We were pretty flat for most of the game, they grabbed a scrappy goal and were leading 1-0 heading into the final minute of stoppage time. We threw it forward, chucked it into the box and Nick Powell slammed it in. Cue 1,000 Crewe fans going ballistic. Unbelievable atmosphere in that away.

Southend 2-2 Crewe, 16th May 2012

2nd leg of the play-offs, tie finely balanced with us holding a 1-0 lead from the first game. Very nervous away end. We started really well and created some great chances before Ajay Leitch-Smith fired in to give us a 2-0 aggregate lead. We got nervous as they came on in the 2nd half. They grabbed a goal with 25 minutes left after a keeper and it was game on. Cue more nerves for the next 20 minutes. Then Max Clayton got played in and rolled it calmly into the bottom corner to send the away end mental. They immediately responded and it was back to nerves again. We saw it out without a fuss and secured our first visit to Wembley in 15 years. Incredible scenes after the game, with us cheering and chanting for a good 30 minutes after the game.

Cheltenham 0-2 Crewe, 27th May 2012

I don't know what it was, I just didn't see us ever losing. 15,000 fans sat in searing heat. Atmosphere incredible. We were flying, had already beaten them twice in the regular season and looked invincible. Then Nick Powell fired in a goal of the year candidate. We then rode our luck until they ran out of steam with about 20 minutes to go. We got a 2nd to wrap it up and secure our first promotion in 9 years. Amazing day all round, simply amazing.

Coventry 0-3 Crewe, 5th February 2013

It was the 1st leg of the JPT when it actually meant something and fans gave a bit of a shit about it. We were average in mid-table, Coventry were pushing for promotion. They reduced ticket prices to fill the place. We weren't expecting much, they should have creamed us on form. But infront of 30,000, we got lucky as they battered us in the first half. But we snatched an unlikely goal through Brad Inman and then 2 more late on, including a Giggs esq run from Inman for his 2nd. Yet more scenes in the away end as 1,500 Crewe fans celebrated an all but secured 2nd visit to Wembley inside a year.

Honourable mentions go to the 8-1 v Cheltenham(10-11), the All-Academy game v Walsall(12-13), plus about 5 more games from 11-12. Been very few games since 12-13 worth talking about.

TimeyWimey

Sustainable
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
2-2 (2-3 agg) Southend (A) play-offs. Best footballing day ever. The build up. The late “sealer”. The atmosphere. The long running unbeaten run. The feeling “around the club”. We were destined for promotion that year.

3-0 Coventry (A) JPT area final. The build up from Cov made this. Cheesy videos. Arrogance. They were literally booking their Wembley hotels. Selling out the Ricoh for some exhibition display from them. Then we completely piss on their parade. Hilarious more than anything.

4-3 @ Gillingham 2012. Nick Powell masterclass and one of the best goals ever at this level.

Tbc

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Can't be many teams that score 5 or more than us, just off the top of my head in the last decade weve had:

Crewe 7-0 Barnet
Crewe 8-1 Cheltenham
Chesterfield 5-5 Crewe
Bradford 1-5 Crewe
Stevenage 1-5 Crewe
Bristol Rovers 2-5 Crewe
Crewe 6-0 Morecambe
Crewe 6-1 Crawley
Crewe 5-0 Morecambe
Crewe 5-0 Harlepool
Crewe 5-0 Grimsby

devilofajob

Reaction score
Supports
Crawley Town
From games I was at -

AFCW 2 - Crawley 5
Bradford 1 - Crawley 2. On a Tuesday night, 5 sent off AFTER final whistle.
Hull City 0 - Crawley 1. Our 2nd time getting to FA Cup 5th Round.
Crawley 2 - Wolves 1. Big crowd, great game.
Accrington 0 - Crawey 1. The game we won to gain promotion to L1.

PaulHaddock

people person
Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Can't be many teams that score 5 or more than us, just off the top of my head in the last decade weve had:

Crewe 7-0 Barnet
Crewe 8-1 Cheltenham
Chesterfield 5-5 Crewe
Bradford 1-5 Crewe
Stevenage 1-5 Crewe
Bristol Rovers 2-5 Crewe
Crewe 6-0 Morecambe
Crewe 6-1 Crawley
Crewe 5-0 Morecambe
Crewe 5-0 Harlepool
Crewe 5-0 Grimsby
We’ve had a few more than that but I guess playing half of it in the Conference counts for a lot less...
8-1 though!

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Vale 7-1 Burton and Vale 6-2 Rotherham - For all the reasons VF16 mentions

Vale 2-1 Chesterfield 1 (2018) - Down to 10 men and Ben Whitfield scores the winner with about 10 minutes to go. If we had lost that game we'd have almost certainly been relegated to the Conference.

Vale 3-2 Cheltenham (2013) - From our promotion season, Vale were going through a bit of a dodgy spell but Pope scores a hat-trick to win it for us. Probably one of our most important wins as we entered the run-in that season.

Vale 2-2 Northampton (2013) - The game that got us effectively promoted (there was a permutation where if we lost by about 15 or something like that at Wycombe we could have missed out). Vale trailed twice but Chilvers and then a Lee Collins own goal got the result we needed.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Vale 7-1 Burton and Vale 6-2 Rotherham - For all the reasons VF16 mentions

Vale 2-1 Chesterfield 1 (2018) - Down to 10 men and Ben Whitfield scores the winner with about 10 minutes to go. If we had lost that game we'd have almost certainly been relegated to the Conference.

Vale 3-2 Cheltenham (2013) - From our promotion season, Vale were going through a bit of a dodgy spell but Pope scores a hat-trick to win it for us. Probably one of our most important wins as we entered the run-in that season.

Vale 2-2 Northampton (2013) - The game that got us effectively promoted (there was a permutation where if we lost by about 15 or something like that at Wycombe we could have missed out). Vale trailed twice but Chilvers and then a Lee Collins own goal got the result we needed.

Think it was actually about 28 goal swing!

The Cheltenham win was massive and we were trailing after leading before Pope had a bust up with Chris Neal and volleyed a corner into the net in pure anger! Then Doddsy with a through ball of the decade to play Pope in for the winner.

Chesterfield was massive... I felt like I was going to have a heart attack I was that worked up that second half with ten men! (Think actually one fan sadly did after the game behind the Bycars)

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Burton 5-6 Cheltenham - March 2010
One of those I was there games. The first 45 mins were dreadful for us as we were, deservedly, 2-0 down. The second half though was magical. Pulling back to 2-2 only to go 4-2 down. In the 84th minute we have a free-kick, being taken by Michael Pook, just outside the box and I say to my mate, "if we score here we'll get something, we might not win but we'll get something". In it goes, only for Burton to score from the kick-off. 87th minute, Pook scored a half-volley when a corner's cleared to about 20 yards...5-4. A few mins later a long ball is pumped forward, Big Julian Alsop nods it down and Justin Richards is the coolest man in the ground as he blasts past the Burton keeper - 5-5 and we're going nuts. We're deep in injury time now and we take it to the corner, it goes off a Burton player. We decide to have a go - in the ball goes, it's headed out to about 25 yards, and who's there on the half volley - POOOOOOOOOOOOOK!!!!!!!!! Rifling it into the top corner. Cue pandemonium and the great escape is on!!!

Cheltenham 5-2 Bury - April 2010
Or the Josh Low show as it should have been called. We had found a bit of form but were still third from bottom of the league. We went 3-0 and were cruising, only for Bury to pull a couple back in the 80th and 82nd minute. Nevermind though, because Low put the game beyond doubt in the 85th and Big Barry Hayles a minute later.

Cheltenam 3-0 Southend - Nov 2011
For the perfect performance, look no further than this game. Southend were flying, having won 5 games on the spin, but we completely outplayed them from start to finish with our midfield trifecta of Pack, Penn and Summerfield absolutely schooling them.

Tottenham 3-0 Cheltenham - Jan 2012
Maybe not due to the game itself, but because of what it meant. Spurs were the first team I ever loved thanks to Gazza, and also thanks to my late uncle. This cup draw was the dream one and the day was one of the best ever. The result was immaterial. Said uncle also took me to my first Cheltenham game and got me into the Robins. He passed away due to cancer in 2015, but this day will forever be etched into my memory as one of our greatest days together.

Cheltenham 3-1 Grimsby - April 2016
This was the game that confirmed, to me, that we would be winning the Conference in our first season back in non-league. Whilst FGR may have been our main rivals, Grimsby were still a danger. We were brilliant in the first half and James Dayton's free-kick was a fantastic way for us to take the lead. Grimsby came at us in the second half, and deservedly equalised, but Harry Pell put us back in front a few minutes later and the result was never in doubt after that. Danny Wright then putting the icing on the cake and causing a few of the Grimsby fans on here to go into absolute meltdown just added to the win. #Stampiones!!!!

Topher

Reaction score
Supports
vale
gotta chuck the 5-0 at Chesterfield in March 2010 in there. Hadn't won at Saltergate in years and was our last game there. Some great goals as well including a Marc Richards hattrick (only Vale's second since 1996 I think)

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
gotta chuck the 5-0 at Chesterfield in March 2010 in there. Hadn't won at Saltergate in years and was our last game there. Some great goals as well including a Marc Richards hattrick (only Vale's second since 1996 I think)

Yeah how could I forget. Been loads and never even seen us score at Saltergate let alone get anything and we battered them that day.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
1) Mansfield 1-2 Liverpool. 12/13 The game where mansfield absolutely battered a mixed Liverpool side only got Suarez to handle the ball into the net for an unfair goal to be given. Mansfield, 10th in the conference at the time went onto win 21 out of 25 games while equalling a conference record with 12 consecutive wins.

2) Wrexham 1-0 12/13 basically the end result of the above.

3) Mansfield 1-0 tranmere 14/15 - with Cheltenham and tranmere below the equally terrible Mansfield, the winner of this more or less decided who went down - a 1-0 mansfield win down to 10 at the end and around 10 minutes injury time saw us survive. God bless reggie lambe

4) chesterfield 0-1 Mansfield 17/18 - chesterfield frantic for a much needed win to aid their relegation battle, Mel benning scoring with a low cross shot which saw 2,500 Mansfield fans go mental, all the happier knowing they were well on the way to relegation.

5) Mansfield 2-1 Lincoln 10/11 - the first game under john radford - the game, the atmosphere etc etc, his first game echoed what would be achieved under the radfords, when local rivals chesterfield and county would be sent down under dodgy chairman mansfield prospered under the radfords - whereas the current league position under then isn’t great any Mansfield fan would have but their hand off for us to be where we are compared to then

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
1) Mansfield 1-2 Liverpool. 12/13 The game where mansfield absolutely battered a mixed Liverpool side only got Suarez to handle the ball into the net for an unfair goal to be given. Mansfield, 10th in the conference at the time went onto win 21 out of 25 games while equalling a conference record with 12 consecutive wins.

2) Wrexham 1-0 12/13 basically the end result of the above.

3) Mansfield 1-0 tranmere 14/15 - with Cheltenham and tranmere below the equally terrible Mansfield, the winner of this more or less decided who went down - a 1-0 mansfield win down to 10 at the end and around 10 minutes injury time saw us survive. God bless reggie lambe

4) chesterfield 0-1 Mansfield 17/18 - chesterfield frantic for a much needed win to aid their relegation battle, Mel benning scoring with a low cross shot which saw 2,500 Mansfield fans go mental, all the happier knowing they were well on the way to relegation.

5) Mansfield 2-1 Lincoln 10/11 - the first game under john radford - the game, the atmosphere etc etc, his first game echoed what would be achieved under the radfords, when local rivals chesterfield and county would be sent down under dodgy chairman mansfield prospered under the radfords - whereas the current league position under then isn’t great any Mansfield fan would have but their hand off for us to be where we are compared to then
What was funny about that Suarez goal was how many thick bastards thought that he was taking the piss about the hand ball by kissing his wrist when he scored even though he uses that same celebration every time he scores a goal.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
My Top 5:

1, FGR 1 - 3 Grimsby play off final 2016.
Just nothing will ever top that feeling of escaping non league, we could get promoted 3 years running into the Premier League and that FGR game will still be my favourite ever, sounds bullshit but I really do mean that.

2, Braintree 0 - 2 Grimsby (AET) play off Semi Final second leg 2016.
We lost the first leg at home 1-0 and overturning it just seemed an impossible task as Braintree really had the measure of us that season, we’d played them 3 times already and not scored once and had barely had a chance in those 3 previous games. Thankfully a Braintree defender decided to tug at Gowlings shirt right in front of the ref with 15 mins left and once we’d levelled we dominated after that and Bogle got the winner in extra time.

3, Grimsby 2 - 0 Morecambe first game of 16/17 season.
Our first game back in the league and the atmosphere was incredible and then we got an early goal to really crank it up.

4, Lincoln 1 - 2 Grimsby Boxing Day 2011.
This games on my list because of how terrible we were first half, we should have been 4 or 5 down at HT but somehow we got in at only 1-0 down and then we came out second half and started playing like Barcelona, Scott Garner headed in a corner to equalise and then Liam Hearn broke through and scored the winner, absolute scenes.

Chesterfield 1 - 3 Grimsby first game of 17/18 season.
At the time everybody thought Chesterfield would be play offs at least that season so this felt like a terrific win, the atmosphere in that away end that day is the best I can ever remember being in for a league game, brilliant away day.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town

Do you know, I don't think I ever considered Mansfield to be in danger with us that season. Always just assumed it was two from us, Tranmere and Hartlepool. None of us 3 deserved to stay up that season either.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe

Crewe 7-0 Barnet
Crewe 8-1 Cheltenham
Chesterfield 5-5 Crewe
Bradford 1-5 Crewe
Stevenage 1-5 Crewe
Bristol Rovers 2-5 Crewe
Crewe 6-0 Morecambe
Crewe 6-1 Crawley
Crewe 5-0 Morecambe
Crewe 5-0 Harlepool
Crewe 5-0 Grimsby

Would've been even more if Davis' reign of terror wasn't a thing too. We also had Crewe 5-1 Chesterfield in 2017 and Crewe 5-1 Accrington in 2010 too!

Obviously the playoff and JPT games would make up 4 of my top 5, so I'm just going for standard league games:

Gillingham 3-4 Crewe (2011-12). The game had everything. Nick Powell 35 yard finish over Paulo Gazzaniga's head. Gills equalise but we run away with it in the second half as Powell rips them to shreds, him and Ajay Leitch-Smith both bagging to take a 3-1 lead. But we somehow collapse to 3-3 after conceding two very soft goals. Danny Spiller then takes out Jordan Brown to earn a red card and Max Clayton pops up with a last minute winner which would eventually put us in the playoffs at Gillingham's expense!

Port Vale 1-3 Crewe (2013-14). No one saw this coming. Vale were flying high at the time and we were playing some hideous football. But we took Vale to the cleaners that day on their own patch and the first goal caused a huge scrap in the executive boxes which was very entertaining to watch. Should've been more goals but this is one of Davis' few highlights from the JPT onwards.

Preston 1-3 Crewe (2012-13). We embarrassed a Graham Westley side and caused a very hostile reaction from their fanbase towards their own squad and management. Brad Inman, a relative unknown on loan from Newcastle, tore them apart and Luke Murphy and Mathias Pogba had a field day. Another game where we should've had more goals but to beat a club that a few years before were (and now are) competing to get into the Premier League in such a manner was special.

Crewe 5-0 Grimsby (2016-17). This is the game that made Dave Artell and made us realise that we were about to head into a different direction with him at the helm away from the horrible pragmatic football of Steve Davis. It was also Artell's first win as a manager. We'd lost to a 10 man Luton side, a top of the league Doncaster, dropped points against a Cheltenham side with 11 behind the ball and were thumped 4-0 at Exeter with Kirk getting sent off. But Artell wound up the Grimsby fans in Darrell Clarke style by saying we had better players than Grimsby and we'd beat them a day before the game. We were 1-0 up in 90 seconds and 4-0 up after 28 minutes after a devastating spell of attacking football which caused Marcus Bignot to perform an on-field apology to the travelling fans. We had hiccups in the road since but we still play in that same attacking style from that day.

Crewe 8-1 Cheltenham (2010-11), You simply have to have your record win of the decade regardless. Port Vale's keeper of the decade picked the ball out of his net 8 times that day and both Clayton Donaldson and Joel Grant bagged hat-tricks. A fine win in a season we finished top scorers yet also finished 3 points outside the playoffs. That's what you get for a back line including Mat Mitchel-King, the corpse of 90s Ashley Westwood, future prison detainee Patrick Ada and Danny Blanchett in the side during various points of the season.

Honourable mentions to

Chesterfield 5-5 Crewe (2010-11). Bonkers game and one of two big collapses we did in the year of our lord 2010.
Shrewsbury 1-3 Crewe (2013-14). All but sent them down in a winner takes all clash late in the season in front of a sold out away end. Given how they'd said before the game they were so much better than us and that it'd be a joke if they went down at our expense, it felt very sweet at full time knowing they were a game away from having their name in a red box on Soccer Saturday.
Crewe 4-3 Forest Green (2018-19). A game that just defied logic for a number of reasons.
Lincoln 1-4 Crewe (2017-18) As above.
Torquay 1-1 Crewe (2011-12). Nick Powell caused many limbs to fly in that away end that day. Possibly the start of Torquay's long decline too which was a shame for them as I had a soft spot for my favourite awayday in the football league.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Do you know, I don't think I ever considered Mansfield to be in danger with us that season. Always just assumed it was two from us, Tranmere and Hartlepool. None of us 3 deserved to stay up that season either.

We weren’t really ever in danger which is remarkable considering we ended up with 48 points

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
Chesterfield 0 vale 5 we never win at Chesterfield so this has to go in there marc Richard's scored a hatrick.
Vale 3 crewe 0 cant remember who scored the goals I just know it sent them pricks down.
Vale 7 burton 1 lee Hughes hatrick and with that win we pretty much knew we were going get promoted.
Vale 2 northampton 2 over 12,000 there for the game that pretty much confirmed our first promotion since 1994.
Gillingham 1 vale 2 during our promotion season took over 700 to a game we usually take 150 too as it was a big game and both sides ended up being promoted.

LS Bantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Chelsea 2-4 City - Biggest FA Cup shock in history having been 2-0 down away to the best team in the entire country and run away Premier League champions come May. Jon Stead had the game of his life and everything just clicked. The best and most unbelievable game I’ve ever seen.

Swansea 5-0 City - The 90 minutes were horrendous but a L2 team to get to a modern day cup final downing 3 Premier League teams (and Watford who got to the Champ PO final that season), the way we did it won’t ever be matched, the pride it seeing us walk out at Wembley won’t be surpassed.

City 4-3 Villa (agg.) - The LC semi (had to cheat and put both legs). In the build up Villa were offering cup final tickets with any half season ticket, the euphoria at full time was unreal, what we’d achieved sunk in and the noise and atmosphere were inexplicable, Villa Park such a great stadium too to celebrate in front of the home fans.

City 1-1 Arsenal (win on pens) - Another cup boost against a full strength Arsenal team, a freezing night and they didn’t like it one bit, our penalty record (joint world record) was incredible and despite blowing a 2-0 lead, Vermarlan missed the final kick to put us through.

City 2-1 Leeds - We hate Leeds (I don’t think they particularly notice us), but we battered them that game only to go 1-0 down late on, a Billy Knott screamer made it 1-1 and a great Hanson header made it 2-1 minutes later.

Special mention to -
Burton 1-3 City PO semi
Northampton 0-3 City PO final
City 2-0 Sunderland Last 16 FA Cup
Wigan 0-0 City (won on pens)

All thanks to Phil Parkinson the absolute legend.

Richard Cranium

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Twitter
@jallsop93

Crewe 7-0 Barnet
Crewe 8-1 Cheltenham
Chesterfield 5-5 Crewe
Bradford 1-5 Crewe
Stevenage 1-5 Crewe
Bristol Rovers 2-5 Crewe
Crewe 6-0 Morecambe
Crewe 6-1 Crawley
Crewe 5-0 Morecambe
Crewe 5-0 Harlepool
Crewe 5-0 Grimsby

We've had 10 that I can remember. Conceded 5 or more on 4 or 5 occasions too including a 7 :lol:

Clarkey_GTFC

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@daveclarkeutm

Crewe 7-0 Barnet
Crewe 8-1 Cheltenham
Chesterfield 5-5 Crewe
Bradford 1-5 Crewe
Stevenage 1-5 Crewe
Bristol Rovers 2-5 Crewe
Crewe 6-0 Morecambe
Crewe 6-1 Crawley
Crewe 5-0 Morecambe
Crewe 5-0 Harlepool
Crewe 5-0 Grimsby

We absolutely rinsed teams in the conference, constantly near or on top of the scoring charts. We'd almost always follow up a hammering with a dreadful 1-0 loss to Nuneaton or Ebbsfleet though.

Grimsby 7-2 Mansfield
Histon 1-6 Grimsby
Grimsby 5-2 Alfreton
Grimsby 5-2 Barrow
Grimsby 7-0 Stockport
Alfreton 2-5 Grimsby
Grimsby 6-0 Bath
Grimsby 5-1 Woking
Grimsby 5-2 Dartford
Gateshead 1-6 Grimsby
Grimsby 7-0 Alfreton
Grimsby 7-0 Halifax
Grimsby 5-0 Altrincham

And we've hit 5 past Stevenage and Tranmere since coming up and this isn't including cup games against Sunday league teams. It's more impressive doing it in the league though absolutely, but if there's any positive at all to being relegated to non league, it's the satisfaction of being able to batter someone for once, even if they are 5 feet smaller than you.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
We've had 10 that I can remember. Conceded 5 or more on 4 or 5 occasions too including a 7 :lol:

Scored 5 or more 13 times. (5 under Dario, 2 under Dull Davis, 6 under Artell).

But conceded 5 or more at least 15 times too which is absolutely embarrassing. (2 under Dario, 10 under Dull Davis, 3 under Artell). If I included 4 goal beatings I think Davis would be pushing well over 20 which sums up just how bad it was watching us during the middle part of the decade.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
We absolutely rinsed teams in the conference, constantly near or on top of the scoring charts. We'd almost always follow up a hammering with a dreadful 1-0 loss to Nuneaton or Ebbsfleet though.

Grimsby 7-2 Mansfield
Histon 1-6 Grimsby
Grimsby 5-2 Alfreton
Grimsby 5-2 Barrow
Grimsby 7-0 Stockport
Alfreton 2-5 Grimsby
Grimsby 6-0 Bath
Grimsby 5-1 Woking
Grimsby 5-2 Dartford
Gateshead 1-6 Grimsby
Grimsby 7-0 Alfreton
Grimsby 7-0 Halifax
Grimsby 5-0 Altrincham

And we've hit 5 past Stevenage and Tranmere since coming up and this isn't including cup games against Sunday league teams. It's more impressive doing it in the league though absolutely, but if there's any positive at all to being relegated to non league, it's the satisfaction of being able to batter someone for once, even if they are 5 feet smaller than you.
When did we beat Alfreton 7-0? I can remember all the others but not that one.

Edit: just found it August 2014, never knew we’d done that!

Clarkey_GTFC

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@daveclarkeutm
When did we beat Alfreton 7-0? I can remember all the others but not that one.

Edit: just found it August 2014, never knew we’d done that!

Yeah I had to look these up, completely forgot about the Bath one. We scored 4 a hell of a lot too. Pretty mad it took us 6 years to go up but our inconsistency was ridiculous and it still is.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Yeah I had to look these up, completely forgot about the Bath one. We scored 4 a hell of a lot too. Pretty mad it took us 6 years to go up but our inconsistency was ridiculous and it still is.
My favourite of those was the Gateshead 6-1 away win after they’d cheated us out of the play offs the season before, then on their Twitter before this game the cocky bastards had ‘come and see us beat Grimsby for £10’ which I think they got slightly wrong. :bg:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!