League 2 General Chat Thread

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
He has epilepsy, thats not really a "disability". Legge isn't going to be turning out for the paralympic team any time soon is he.

Vale fans trying to defend this toad is shameful.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
He has epilepsy, thats not really a "disability". Legge isn't going to be turning out for the paralympic team any time soon is he.

Vale fans trying to defend this toad is shameful.

Not really, he was rightly banned for what he did say in the Autumn, but this one is a bit of a witch hunt.

Commenting people who want clapping banned and Jazz Hands instead maybe shouldn't go where people clap which is the long and short of it is not saying disabled people shouldn't go football so will defend that because it is wildly inaccurate.

The Jovial Forester

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
this one is a bit of a witch hunt.
If he apologises and wises up as to why you don't repeat that shite fair enough, but while it's bants to Pope it's only days since some crackpot drove upstate in New York and shot up (ETA actually, knife I think it was) a rabbi's house because "the Jews did it". He read that on the Internet. So if he hasn't, fuck him and any c*** who apologises for him.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
If he apologises and wises up as to why you don't repeat that shite fair enough, but while it's bants to Pope it's only days since some crackpot drove upstate in New York and shot up (ETA actually, knife I think it was) a rabbi's house because "the Jews did it". He read that on the Internet. So if he hasn't, fuck him and any c*** who apologises for him.

A Spurs fan advised him on the background to the Rothschilds and advised him to which he accepted his advise, no offence to Thomas but I doubt he knew the ins and outs of conspiracy theories and the in depth background... like a few I had to google it to see the issue!

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Not really, he was rightly banned for what he did say in the Autumn, but this one is a bit of a witch hunt.

Commenting people who want clapping banned and Jazz Hands instead maybe shouldn't go where people clap which is the long and short of it is not saying disabled people shouldn't go football so will defend that because it is wildly inaccurate.
Someone correct me if I am wrong but the whole jazz hands thing instead of clapping was to help autistic people as loud noises are a trigger for them. Autism is a disability I believe so he is essentially saying that. The constant defending of Pope is ridiculous, he's quite clearly a bellend.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
The Rothschilds are part of the neo-liberal billionaire super-elite though. Is it possible to suspect they're up to no good (i.e. would make a lot of money out of war) without believing that they're also part of some Jewish conspiracy. I'm sure if the Rotchschilds clean up then none of that money is going to trickle down to the Jewish lad I work with. Yeah we can all see why a person should be careful about how they word any criticism of the Rothschilds because anti-semitism has always tried to piggy-back anti-capitalism/anti-globalism but I think there should also be some benefit of the doubt, i.e. not immediately assuming a joke about how powerful the Rothschilds are was made to encourage belief in a Jewish global conspiracy.

As far as jazz hands goes, it's just been blown out of proportion... I believe it was suggested by some student union a couple of years ago for their AGM and since then I've seen zero calls for clapping to be banned at any other public event yet the Daily Mail have gone to great lengths to keep the fear that clapping is set to be banned current in folk's minds.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
The Rothschilds are part of the neo-liberal billionaire super-elite though. Is it possible to suspect they're up to no good (i.e. would make a lot of money out of war) without believing that they're also part of some Jewish conspiracy. I'm sure if the Rotchschilds clean up then none of that money is going to trickle down to the Jewish lad I work with. Yeah we can all see why a person should be careful about how they word any criticism of the Rothschilds because anti-semitism has always tried to piggy-back anti-capitalism/anti-globalism but I think there should also be some benefit of the doubt, i.e. not immediately assuming a joke about how powerful the Rothschilds are was made to encourage belief in a Jewish global conspiracy.

As far as jazz hands goes, it's just been blown out of proportion... I believe it was suggested by some student union a couple of years ago for their AGM and since then I've seen zero calls for clapping to be banned at any other public event yet the Daily Mail have gone to great lengths to keep the fear that clapping is set to be banned current in folk's minds.

Exactly... The FA will sit on their arse whilst real racism takes place or allow the odd Nazi Salute but Pope will get thrown under the bus over a tweet that clearly has no Anti Semitic jibe to it.

Ultimately, Vale suffer the most if we lose him to a ban for example so I don't like how close he sails and his tweet that he was banned for was pure stupidity and was rightly slated for it by Vale fans.

Whilst he is in the limelight for his twitter activities he needed to be careful but some of whats been laid at his door is twisting things and that is wrong.

The Stones thing was good fun, the replies to Stoke fans are usually great fun and I dont think there should be any issue with him giving it back within reason to people who do abuse him on twitter but he needs to calm down and maybe keep off it after a beer or two to avoid causing negativity for himself and his club.

The Jovial Forester

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers

It's true, but you have to think how come it's only ever them mentioned. not some German pension fund or whoever. Even though for historical reasons (forefathers banned from doing most other trades) there's some prominent Jewish banking families it's a fraction of global capital. It really is a hangover of all that creaky old crap that has been rearing its head for centuries. As I say, I'm sure he's repeated it because he's read it elsewhere but that's how it keeps trickling on down the years and then provides fuel for your actual headbangers and nutcases.

Valeite

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
It's true, but you have to think how come it's only ever them mentioned. not some German pension fund or whoever. Even though for historical reasons (forefathers banned from doing most other trades) there's some prominent Jewish banking families it's a fraction of global capital. It really is a hangover of all that creaky old crap that has been rearing its head for centuries. As I say, I'm sure he's repeated it because he's read it elsewhere but that's how it keeps trickling on down the years and then provides fuel for your actual headbangers and nutcases.
Why are you so upset on behalf of the Rothschilds? Just interested. Perhaps you should try to live up to your name and be more jovial.
The right wing press in this country attack and lie about anyone they feel might upset their billionaire paymasters and call anyone that complains a snowflake but a scintilla of criticism in their direction they run off behind a smokescreen crying you anti semite.

The Jovial Forester

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Why are you so upset on behalf of the Rothschilds? Just interested. Perhaps you should try to live up to your name and be more jovial.
The right wing press in this country attack and lie about anyone they feel might upset their billionaire paymasters and call anyone that complains a snowflake but a scintilla of criticism in their direction they run off behind a smokescreen crying you anti semite.
I'm not, I'm concerned on behalf of the ordinary Jewish people who get shit or even murdered in the collateral damage. Why are you downplaying crackpot conspiracy shite? No-one thinks Pope's invaded Poland, it was a shit tweet and who would give a fuck, but the reality is this stuff is poison.

Valeite

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Part of the problem here is that humour in the potteries is notoriously cutting and can upset people when it is not meant to. How many Stoke fans have complained about Popey for example? None as far as I am aware but someone from Crewe did, where they are not used to our humour.
My advice is don`t get involved in discussion with anyone from the potteries if you are easily offended.

The Jovial Forester

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Part of the problem here is that humour in the potteries is notoriously cutting and can upset people when it is not meant to. How many Stoke fans have complained about Popey for example? None as far as I am aware but someone from Crewe did, where they are not used to our humour.
My advice is don`t get involved in discussion with anyone from the potteries if you are easily offended.
It's not about being upset or tasteless humour, this is a story you're telling yourself. Literally no-one would care about boring old lad bants if he hadn't happened to pick up on a theme that some nasty fuckers have been trying to keep current and become part of that drip drip drip.
Funny you going on about the right-wing press too, I've been active on the left all my life and one thing that holds us back is silly pricks who can't analyse how money and power operates without some simpleton shit about sinister conspiracies by banks that are obviously bollocks and easy to refute or laugh off. The Occupy lot ended up riddled with them and then you get your Icke types and the rest. Need dropping in the cut in a sack.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Changing the subject, it's been confirmed that Scott Flinders has broken his tibia and fibula and after surgery today will be out for the season.

Looks like we're in the market for a new keeper.

Valeite

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I'm not, I'm concerned on behalf of the ordinary Jewish people who get shit or even murdered in the collateral damage. Why are you downplaying crackpot conspiracy shite? No-one thinks Pope's invaded Poland, it was a shit tweet and who would give a fuck, but the reality is this stuff is poison.

Because it is crackpot , that was the point of the tweet and if any jewish people get attacked anywhere in the world perhaps they could look at the policies that Israel have followed as a more likely cause rather than a tweet from the Vales` centre forward.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

British humour in general is dark... we are famous for it but the issue now is the snowflake generation who look for offence in anything or try and find a link even if it isn't actually the theme of it.

The Jovial Forester

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Because it is crackpot , that was the point of the tweet and if any jewish people get attacked anywhere in the world perhaps they could look at the policies that Israel have followed as a more likely cause rather than a tweet from the Vales` centre forward.
Fuck me, you're worse than I thought, the old collective guilt. Did you downplay the Birmingham pub bombings because the Paras went off piste in Derry on Bloody Sunday?

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
The club have issued a statement on it now. I suspect Pope genuinely didn't have any anti-semitic intent but this is a repeated pattern of behaviour from him and after such a positive weekend for the club Carol really doesn't need to be dealing with this. All caused by the fact Pope seems incapable of thinking before pressing send.

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/2020/january/club-statement-tom-pope/

GodsGift

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
British humour in general is dark... we are famous for it but the issue now is the snowflake generation who look for offence in anything or try and find a link even if it isn't actually the theme of it.
ffs it's got nothing to do with being a snowflake.

Pope has previously been warned about his Twitter behaviour yet continues to make comments that are ill-advised. No-one's claiming they're the worst comments that have ever been made, but he should know better.

Why be on Twitter in the first place? What's he gaining from it, other than having his ego massaged by those that love his 'banter'?

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
ffs it's got nothing to do with being a snowflake.

Pope has previously been warned about his Twitter behaviour yet continues to make comments that are ill-advised. No-one's claiming they're the worst comments that have ever been made, but he should know better.

Why be on Twitter in the first place? What's he gaining from it, other than having his ego massaged by those that love his 'banter'?

I am talking about in general... that people are ready to pounce or look for offence in anything these days.

Should he know better if he doesn't know the Rothschild's are Jewish? or the conspiracy that has been laid against them?

In all fairness his twitter has given him huge exposure following the Stones incident so hasn't worked out too bad and he was being lauded from Saturday night until this came out all across the globe!

The Jovial Forester

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Problem these days is not "snowflakes" anyway, it's a generation of man-boys who won't just hold their hand up when they've fucked up, would rather die in a ditch defending some right silly nonsense. Fair play to Pope for saying sorry and I'm sure he had no idea, but maybe he does need to step away from the Tweet button for a bit.

GodsGift

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
I am talking about in general... that people are ready to pounce or look for offence in anything these days.

Should he know better if he doesn't know the Rothschild's are Jewish? or the conspiracy that has been laid against them?

In all fairness his twitter has given him huge exposure following the Stones incident so hasn't worked out too bad and he was being lauded from Saturday night until this came out all across the globe!
Ignorance really isn't much of a defence, is it? Plus, I'd be HIGHLY surprised if Pope is aware of the Rothschild's yet doesn't know they're Jewish.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Ignorance really isn't much of a defence, is it? Plus, I'd be HIGHLY surprised if Pope is aware of the Rothschild's yet doesn't know they're Jewish.

He was linking them to banking which is correct... doesn't mean he knew their religion.

GodsGift

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
He was linking them to banking which is correct... doesn't mean he knew their religion.
Oh, come on. I'm sorry, but if you know of the Rothschild's existence then you know they're Jewish. They're intrinsically linked.

The Jovial Forester

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Oh, come on. I'm sorry, but if you know of the Rothschild's existence then you know they're Jewish. They're intrinsically linked.
I reckon it's possible and what I'm getting at saying it's insidious - every chance he's been looking at your shitty 4Chan type humour and seen it there, without really thinking on it too much, which is how they keep it on the fringe of mainstream.
Didn't really want to end up banging on about this but this sort of alt right creep really gets my goat.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
The only things Pope's brain is truly capable of is knowing how to stick the ball in the back of the net and knowing how to play a good round of golf. The bloke is as thick as pigshit, there's no way he was anti-Semitic. He's just regurgitating some crap he probably came across on the telly late at night to make him sound intelligent.

Too many things are over politicised in this current climate. Tom Pope trying to be Nostradamus isn't worthy of such scrutiny. He got a deserved ban for telling a bloke he'd kick him all over Burslem. But what I feel is genuine ignorance here shouldn't be punished. If Wayne Hennessey can get off with a bullshit excuse for doing a Nazi salute (when every man and his dog knew what he was doing) then surely you can't punish Pope for making a prediction about a topic he clearly knows fuck all about.

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
More recently it is likely to be George Soros that Trump and his ilk use as a trope for anti-semitism. Though Trump’s twist is that Soros represents not neo-liberalism but the left, and in so doing is trying to undermine the ‘people’.

Last edited:

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Cook has been poor in front of goal to be honest.
one thing he could do for us was finish he was liked here until a spat with fans after one game towards the end of the season when he shouldnt have got involved think that did it for him here.

RebornKirtonRed

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
I’ve been pretty lucky with my recent trips to Mansfield

I know the feeling bauy, we like it there too !
animated-football-and-soccer-image-0016.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshsuwus

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!