• Crawley Town

Votes: 10 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Master D

Reaction score
Supports
The Natural Order
Didn't see it but fair play to Crewe, that is some comeback and I don't think any of us seriously gave them a hope in hell after the first leg. They are much better away from home in big games it would appear.

This probably gives MK a bit of belief that they can at least get back into their tie. I would not rule them out of turning it around.

JJ1990

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
What a performance that was. It's the sort of performance that has characterised our run this season. Maybe not the prettiest football, but it's all about grittiness, determination, having enough quality to get what we need and then defending well. Every single player stepped up in their own way. Quite how they can keep putting in these sorts of performances away from home is incredible given we've historically been poor on the road is beyond me.

I thought Donny actually played well up until the final 3rd. I thought they moved it well and caused us a lot of problems, but finding that final pass or shot deserted them, which was surprising. McCann didn't seem to have a plan B and for as good as their starting XI has clearly been, they obviously lacked depth when they were bringing on George Miller for the first time since August. Be interesting to see what sort of side he can assemble for next season given they could lose a chunk

Jealous I won't be able to get to Wembley after doing it in 2012 and 2013. Not sure who I want in the final. If MK Dons make it, thier confidence and momentum on a big Wembley pitch will be tricky, but Crawley are an even bigger shock story than us, so we'd be slight favourites if it's them.

Wootball

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
"I just want this season to end"

And the rest ....

Congrats an Unforgettable evening for the Alex.

That was still true at the time. Let's be real here, did anyone expect what happened last night to happen? We didn't either, we'd given up but went there for a fun night with no expectation. All the pressure was on Doncaster, and they crumbled. What a night.

As JJ said, that type of performance was reminiscent of our first two thirds of the season. Gritty, not fun to play against, hard working and fighting every single minute of the game. When people asked 'how did these end up in the playoffs' - that's how. That's shag we lost in the final 2 months of the regular season because the players were injured and knackered. That's the Crewe that we wanted to see and I can't believe how hard they worked for it.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
Exactly, nobody did. Hence my inaccurate and now laughable comment and plethora of pre game statements from Crewe fans. Too many to count.

All were wrong which I'm sure you are delighted about.

One game to go, one game for glory.

Donny have been on a sensational run obviously, incredible to even reach the playoffs but that is a choke job and a half at home with a 2 goal advantage. I just couldn't see them not scoring, I was wrong.

Scum.

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Not any fuss from me. Good turn out from us.
Shame wanker Winkleman has split our support, especially as we're the only? club to see your perspective?

He’s done what he did to Wycombe to you lot if that’s the case. Yeah, fucking stupid. Hope you have a good day out nevertheless (well I really want you to have a shite day watching your side get battered 4-0, but I’m being nice).

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Chuffed for Mickey Demetriou aswell last night, (yes he missed his pen) but he was a warrior and a leader last night. He didn't have his best day on Monday that's for sure, and I saw many mocking him and asking at why he was in the league 2 team of the year. Last night was the true Mickey, that's what he's done for us all season, double figures for goals now and puts his body on the line at the back.

Wootball

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Exactly, nobody did. Hence my inaccurate and now laughable comment and plethora of pre game statements from Crewe fans. Too many to count.

Donny have been on a sensational run obviously, incredible to even reach the playoffs but that is a choke job and a half at home with a 2 goal advantage. I just couldn't see them not scoring, I was wrong.
I don't often agree with you, but I do here. I didn't give us a hope in hell of keeping a clean sheet AND scoring more than one goal. I definitely didn't expect us to be 2-0 up after 16 minutes. I'm still in utter disbelief this morning. No pressure at Wembley either, we're still underdogs and expected to lose, so let's just see what happens. I just can't wait to go back again.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Playoffs are bonkers. Similar happened to us 2 seasons ago. Scraped into the playoffs on the last day after a poor run. 2-0 down at Swindon but pulled 1 back...their players were talking like the tie was won after the first game....winking at the camera etc. Took them to penalties....missed 2 penalties early doors and still won! It's probably one of the best nights I've ever had at a football game, so fair play to Crewe. That's the thing with playoffs...they're essentially one off cup games, so even if you're 2 or 3 down after the first leg, it's not a foregone conclusion.

From a selfish standpoint, I hope Crawley go up as it's absolute hell to get to.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Hopefully Lewis Leigh plays a part in the final for Crewe. I think he'll sign for them permanently.

DippyDon

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Twitter
@Dippydon_95
But that doesn't make it right does it?
It's the issue with coming into May still playing games I'm afraid. The stadium is being decked out for Take That and that's meant removing the central seats every time. My guess is work will start on converting it to a concert venue tomorrow, so to make things easier, you can't go in the centre.

Just like has happened a number of times before.

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Well done Crewe, never in a million years did I see that result coming! People say that they looked shite in this game or that and had poor form for months, but to get to Wembley means you deserve it over 48 games. Good luck to them in the final.

As for Donny, nothing against their fans on here as they seem sound, but I'm glad. A work colleague of mine is a Donny fan and I've had him gloating all week, never looked forward to a Monday morning as much. Also, there was some whopper on our hashtag laughing at us missing out on the playoffs, so now I can go back to reading fake rumours and IPTV bot accounts in peace.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe

Reverse psychology was the aim of the game!

After a few jars yesterday a thought did dawn on me on the train. This was probably the first time this season where Doncaster had genuine expectation and pressure placed upon them because they were under no pressure at all throughout the season and had nothing to lose during their incredible winning run. It would appear their players wilted under the pressure but they've had an incredible last couple of months of the season. Absolute sickener to throw it away like that though for them.

Weirdest feeling ever though. At Southend years ago I was a bag of nerves the entire game and we led the tie too. I was very relaxed last night and at 2-0 up early doors I remained relaxed. I was even relaxed for the penalties because I was confident Stryjek would outdo their keeper. I'll probably be a bag of nerves at Wembley next week but we'll come to that bridge when we cross it.

Chuffed for Mickey Demetriou aswell last night, (yes he missed his pen) but he was a warrior and a leader last night. He didn't have his best day on Monday that's for sure, and I saw many mocking him and asking at why he was in the league 2 team of the year. Last night was the true Mickey, that's what he's done for us all season, double figures for goals now and puts his body on the line at the back.

Hopefully third time lucky for Mickey at Wembley after two playoff final defeats with Newport in the past!

Playoffs are bonkers. Similar happened to us 2 seasons ago. Scraped into the playoffs on the last day after a poor run. 2-0 down at Swindon but pulled 1 back...their players were talking like the tie was won after the first game....winking at the camera etc. Took them to penalties....missed 2 penalties early doors and still won! It's probably one of the best nights I've ever had at a football game, so fair play to Crewe. That's the thing with playoffs...they're essentially one off cup games, so even if you're 2 or 3 down after the first leg, it's not a foregone conclusion.

From a selfish standpoint, I hope Crawley go up as it's absolute hell to get to.

Likewise, Carlisle last season were in a similar situation. They went into a tailspin towards the seasons end but got into the playoffs then beat Bradford and did Stockport on penalties. That Vale tie was brilliant though because you're absolutely right, Swindon's arrogance meant they did Darrell Clarke's team talk themselves. And that plonker McKirdy skying the penalty was very funny, couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.

Hopefully Lewis Leigh plays a part in the final for Crewe. I think he'll sign for them permanently.

Offers something different to our other midfielders and loves a tackle. His lack of discipline can certainly be improved as he's still young but he does have a very bright future in the lower leagues I feel!

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
"Reverse psychology was the aim of the game!"

Oh ok. On that basis I strongly believe Crewe will win the playoffs final at Wembley regardless of who the opponents are.

Sorry :dry:

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Reverse psychology was the aim of the game!

After a few jars yesterday a thought did dawn on me on the train. This was probably the first time this season where Doncaster had genuine expectation and pressure placed upon them because they were under no pressure at all throughout the season and had nothing to lose during their incredible winning run. It would appear their players wilted under the pressure but they've had an incredible last couple of months of the season. Absolute sickener to throw it away like that though for them.

Weirdest feeling ever though. At Southend years ago I was a bag of nerves the entire game and we led the tie too. I was very relaxed last night and at 2-0 up early doors I remained relaxed. I was even relaxed for the penalties because I was confident Stryjek would outdo their keeper. I'll probably be a bag of nerves at Wembley next week but we'll come to that bridge when we cross it.

It’s always different when the finishing line is in sight. Adds a totally different pressure. A 2-0 lead particularly in two-legged ties can be a quite tricky one as there’s always the nagging doubt whether should stick or twist in how you approach things. Not sure if that contributed towards Donny losing last night but it seemed they only really started playing after Crewe levelled the aggregate score up. Won’t be the first or last time a team in poor form suddenly springs to life in the playoffs, go so far as to say you can pretty much throw the previous 46 games out the window as a guide in how they’ll go.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
I would make Crewe the underdog whoever they play at Wembley now, but you were underdogs last night so it’s anyones.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Offers something different to our other midfielders and loves a tackle. His lack of discipline can certainly be improved as he's still young but he does have a very bright future in the lower leagues I feel!
Yeah, seems a long way off Championship level but who knows when he's 24/25/26. Would be a good pick up. Won't get a new deal at PNE it seems. Bromley will be keen on him if they get promoted.

Scum.

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Regardless of who scores first Crawley Town FC are Wembley bound.

This will work twice.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town

Aye we all said the same last night he had a mare monday but was class yesterday, he’s not far off flint tbh.

He was absolutely everywhere and would’ve been a shame has his (tbh pretty poor) penalty meant crewe lost out. Doncaster weren’t at the races until too late on.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
I don’t actually see it as arrogance that some Donny fans booked Wembley hotels early, they were 2-0 up after the away leg and they haven’t lost a game for what must be months and they are playing a team whose confidence looked to be at rock bottom after the first leg and let’s be honest, nobody saw that coming yesterday.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
I don’t actually see it as arrogance that some Donny fans booked Wembley hotels early, they were 2-0 up after the away leg and they haven’t lost a game for what must be months and they are playing a team whose confidence looked to be at rock bottom after the first leg and let’s be honest, nobody saw that coming yesterday.

Suppose they could still go to london and go see the palace or the national history museum etc :lol:

Wootball

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Really excited for tonight's game too - obviously firstly because it'll decide who we're playing against at Wembley, and secondly because I just really, really love playoff football. MK are more than capable of scoring 3, they're also capable of conceding more. That extra goal means there will be less pressure on Crawley than there was on Doncaster last night, but an early MK goal would be a game changer... Bring it on, I get to put my feet up and know we're already there!

Scum.

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Really excited for tonight's game too - obviously firstly because it'll decide who we're playing against at Wembley, and secondly because I just really, really love playoff football. MK are more than capable of scoring 3, they're also capable of conceding more. That extra goal means there will be less pressure on Crawley than there was on Doncaster last night, but an early MK goal would be a game changer... Bring it on, I get to put my feet up and know we're already there!

Did I mention I hate the play-offs?

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
I do get the feeling just based on seeing the first leg if Crawley are to make it through I think they’re going to have to score tonight. They were definitely good value for the win but also there were enough chances for MK and vulnerability at the back from Crawley to suggest MK are more than capable of getting the three goals at least.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Regardless of who scores first Crawley Town FC are Wembley bound.

This will work twice.
In the nicest possible way. F%#k off.

Obviously hoping we get through and then win at Wembley but in all honesty I'm not confident.

3 up going in to the second leg. What can go wrong? What do Donny fans reckon?

My fingers , toes and balls are crossed for tonight.

Casey

Limerick Mariner

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
We even beat them twice and they looked bad in both

I'm assuming 'the Alex' are like most other teams down here though and inconsistent ,but probably decent on their day -- they only need one good day now to return to league 1 . It will be interesting to see how Donny do next season .
Relegation after their longest run of games without a win - absolutely nailed-on…

Bianconeri 1862

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Suppose they could still go to london and go see the palace or the national history museum etc :lol:
I see on there forum a few were going to stay the night in Vauxhall , the imperial War museum is just round the corner, what's not to like:)

THE LAST WALTZ

Reaction score
Supports
GILLINGHAM
In the nicest possible way. F%#k off.

Obviously hoping we get through and then win at Wembley but in all honesty I'm not confident.

3 up going in to the second leg. What can go wrong? What do Donny fans reckon?

My fingers , toes and balls are crossed for tonight.

Casey
That’s gotta hurt!

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
It's the issue with coming into May still playing games I'm afraid. The stadium is being decked out for Take That.
Yeah the Crawley fans need to have a little more patience here given this could be the greatest day of their lives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotox
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!
4K UK IPTV